East Frisian islands

TrippleJ

I just installed the Version 1.1. After a short flight around Juist I had enough. The south coast (Watt) full of trees and the north coast (beach) green like after a algae plague (Algenpest). The harbour is anything but not a harbour. There are trees around the airfield that absolutely do not exist in real life. I recommend to these boys to invest a little of their easily earned money for a trip around the East Frisian Islands with Wingly. It's not very expensive, but then they may have a slight impression how beautiful these little islands are. Uninstalled - next update please!

I had the idea to take a Google Earth image of Juist and manipulate the colours to illustrate what I mean. But I was surprised that this isn't necessary. The image in Google Earth looks great. The colours are very natural and you can see every detail you need for a basic scenery.

The southern coastline may be a little difficult to identify because of the Wattenmeer colour. But it can be done. You can clearly see there are no trees. The only trees are in the villages and around the Hammer See. Then add a few custom buildings (port building, Hohe Düne, Domäne Bill,...) and set building height to a maximum of 3 floors. It might already look like Juist then.

Research takes a little time. But... why not? Look here:

Hi Jörg,

I have created an Update for Juist, removing trees from the south coast. I uploaded it yesterday to www.flightsim.com (file library / search files). Should become available Tuesday or Wednesday. You will need to register to be able to download.

Below a "before" and "after".

I now started to work on Langeoog. Do you have specific information where to remove to trees. From another thread I know about the bird protection area Flinthoern.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hi krimsekt,

DAS ist mein Juist. Und jetzt ein kaltes Bier und einen Rosinenstuten mit Butter in der Domäne Bill! (Das ging nicht auf englisch ;-))

Viele Grüße

Jörg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 1:18 PM, krimsekt said:

Hi Jörg,

I have created an Update for Juist, removing trees from the south coast. I uploaded it yesterday to www.flightsim.com (file library / search files). Should become available Tuesday or Wednesday. You will need to register to be able to download.

Below a "before" and "after".

I now started to work on Langeoog. Do you have specific information where to remove to trees. From another thread I know about the bird protection area Flinthoern.

I think need more accuracy correction

Archived