East Frisian islands

TrippleJ

Hallo zusammen,

leider musste ich bei meinem ersten Sichtflug über Borkum feststellen das sich dort auch diese hässlichen Hochhäuser befinden. Die Caches habe ich geleert.

Benötigt die Scenery ein Update oder wie lassen die sich entfernen- sieht nicht schön aus.

gruß

Jörg

Hi Mathijs,

as you can see in the Image....Borkum, Norderney looks like Manhattan ;)....i have now installed the free "Building Fix" and the Towers are removed.

Unfortunately, the whole Houses are not made as beautiful as for example in XPlane, that has a lot more island Charm. They look more like standard scenery. But I'm sure you can fix that with an update.

best reg.

Jörg

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here's what I'm seeing with the add-on, approaching Norderney from the east. I only have commercial add-ons, so this is without the free "Building Fix" you noted:

The building types appear to be European in nature. Definitely not North America.

6 hours ago, Herman said:

Here's what I'm seeing with the add-on, approaching Norderney from the east. I only have commercial add-ons, so this is without the free "Building Fix" you noted:

The building types appear to be European in nature. Definitely not North America.

It's strange that there are such differences ... but there are other User's who have this Problem too ...

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, TrippleJ said:

It's strange that there are such differences ... but there are other User's who have this Problem too ...

That's actually relatively common, especially in MFS it seems. Even locked down as it is with mandatory updates, there are still enough differences in individual rigs and so many users, that a small percentage is still a sizable number.

Since Mathijs asked the project manager for comment, let's see that that reveals.

• Administrator

Hi to all,

the developer decided to use the ms autogen that fit the orthophoto. the autogen for the xp addon is better but it would not fit on the orthophoto, so we decided to take the ms one.

I'm sorry to say that, but I'm totally disappointed. I owned the old Aerosoft German Airfields "Inselhüpfen" and loved it. The GA addons were made with so much love and dedication. The developers obviously knew the islands! So I was looking forward to a follow-up scenery by Aerosoft. But this new MSFS Addon does not have the quality that I usually get from Aerosoft.

I just made my first flight starting in Borkum, over Juist and then I finally cancelled somewhere behind Norderney. The Northern beaches look dirty and greenish instead of almost white. There are strange lines and structures that go across the beaches. If you look at other areal photos there are no such artefacts. Next the dunes. Where are the dunes? Everything is so flat. I have crossed the dunes of Juist and Langeoog so many times and that was hard work, believe me. I see lots of trees at the Southern coasts. Trees!!! There are no trees in reality. The same close to the runway of Juist. There are actually a lot of low bushes, but no trees. And finally all these monstrous palaces everywhere on the islands. There is only one big old hotel up on the dunes of Juist, but in this scenery there are dozens of big city bunkers everywhere. On top of all there is Domäne Bill, a nice one-storey excursion restaurant close to the west end of Juist, converted here into a big four-storey house. Didn't the developers test fly their scenery after having finished it?

When I see things like that in the MSFS standard scenery it's funny. But when I pay 25 Euro for an Aerosoft custom scenery it's not. Seems like the developers have never been on any of those island, not even seen postcards of the area. I have been there so many times. I love the islands and most of all Juist. But this dark and ugly place that I see here is very far from what I know. I prefer the Microsoft standard scenery. So I'll uninstall this one now and hope for an update.

Jörg

Concerning the tall buildings...there was an update after the Japan content that corrects many false tall buildings. But it has to be installed manually via the content manager.

Although it´s relatet to the Japan content it seem to correct buildings in other areas too. Maybe Asobo did mess something uip with Japan update that they fixed afterwards.

On 13.11.2020 at 09:37, Jörg D. sagte:

I'm sorry to say that, but I'm totally disappointed. I owned the old Aerosoft German Airfields "Inselhüpfen" and loved it. The GA addons were made with so much love and dedication. The developers obviously knew the islands! So I was looking forward to a follow-up scenery by Aerosoft. But this new MSFS Addon does not have the quality that I usually get from Aerosoft.

I just made my first flight starting in Borkum, over Juist and then I finally cancelled somewhere behind Norderney. The Northern beaches look dirty and greenish instead of almost white. There are strange lines and structures that go across the beaches. If you look at other areal photos there are no such artefacts. Next the dunes. Where are the dunes? Everything is so flat. I have crossed the dunes of Juist and Langeoog so many times and that was hard work, believe me. I see lots of trees at the Southern coasts. Trees!!! There are no trees in reality. The same close to the runway of Juist. There are actually a lot of low bushes, but no trees. And finally all these monstrous palaces everywhere on the islands. There is only one big old hotel up on the dunes of Juist, but in this scenery there are dozens of big city bunkers everywhere. On top of all there is Domäne Bill, a nice one-storey excursion restaurant close to the west end of Juist, converted here into a big four-storey house. Didn't the developers test fly their scenery after having finished it?

When I see things like that in the MSFS standard scenery it's funny. But when I pay 25 Euro for an Aerosoft custom scenery it's not. Seems like the developers have never been on any of those island, not even seen postcards of the area. I have been there so many times. I love the islands and most of all Juist. But this dark and ugly place that I see here is very far from what I know. I prefer the Microsoft standard scenery. So I'll uninstall this one now and hope for an update.

Jörg

I am completely in agreement with Jörg. For a limited scenery like the East Frisian Islands I would have expected more detail. Even if the airfields are all ok, the landscape goes like this, the buildings are horrible (not the landmarks) and don't fit at all in this area. So I think back to the good old times with the German Airfields and hope that the developers will come up with a convincing update...and if at some point the North Frisian Islands should be developed, please don't make the same mistake. You might scare many connoisseurs of this magnificent landscape.

And @Seemöwe concerning the lighthouses, you are right, they belong in this scenery.

Sigi

On 13.11.2020 at 09:37, Jörg D. sagte:

Jörg

Hello,

I totally agree with Jörg. The airfields are modeled quite well. However, the quality of landscape modelling isn't what I would expect from Aerosoft. In your advertisement you emphasis that you have used a lot of photography for accurate modelling. I'm born in Ostfriesland and believe me I didn't have recognized my islands. There is a lot of rework to be done.   

Regards

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...

Auch mir geht es so, dass ich viele Details, die damals für den FSX nachgebildet wurden, im neuen Add-On vermisse. Gemessen an der Qualität der besonderen Gebäude von Asobo sieht z.B. das Strandhotel Kurhaus Juist arm aus. Auch die "Doornkaat Buddel" der Wasserturm ist ein Standardobjekt. Die Kirchen fehlen. Das ist ja ein Standardterrain Problem(?) im MSFS. Das Luftbild ist unschärfer als damals noch für den FSX. Auf den Salzwiesen und auf der Hafenmauer in Juist gibt es in Wirklichkeit keine Bäume. Auf Langeoog fehlt der charakteristische Wasserturm. Da ist noch viel Luft nach oben. Ich habe erwartet, dass der Standard der FSX Scenery erreicht wird. Leider ist das (noch) nicht so. Besteht Hoffnung?

Hello,

I can only agree to what has been said before. Especially knowing the "Inselhüpfen" scenery. So yes - I am disappointed, too.

For example the island of Juist:

The Manual mentions "manually tuned vegetation". But the trees are mostly wrong, in the area of the airport, on the east end (Kalfamer) and in many other places. On the other hand trees are missing where there should be trees. Around the "Hammer", the lake in the middle of the island, and from there towards the "Bill" (the restaurant mentioned above) there is a forest of low trees, which is completely missing in the scenery.

The harbour is unrecognizable because of the wrong vegetation on its moles, the lighthouse at the harbour (the only lighthouse in the world that shines inland) is missing. That with respect to advertising "Relevant landmarks, e.g. lighthouses,..., harbour buildings,..."

The beaches are grass land, not sand. And the island's real beaches are fantastic!

To summarize: the scenery does not keep, what is promised in the manual description. I hope for an update.

Hello,

the more I think about it the more I feel, this is a defective product, as it does not at all fulfil the product description given in the Aerosoft web store. It would be nice to get an official Aerosoft statement about what they intend to do about it.

On 11/4/2020 at 7:44 PM, TrippleJ said:

Hallo zusammen,

leider musste ich bei meinem ersten Sichtflug über Borkum feststellen das sich dort auch diese hässlichen Hochhäuser befinden. Die Caches habe ich geleert.

Benötigt die Scenery ein Update oder wie lassen die sich entfernen- sieht nicht schön aus.

gruß

Jörg

I am sorry but I have nothing of that kind of problem, a beautiful scenery with all the houses, beaches etc that I could expect ( never bin there,,). No skycrapes what so ever, standard software ( not any Borkum add.on if available), Ultra high res, 60fps etc,

Åke

There are simply too many important details missing on the islands.

For example the main landmark on the island Langeoog.The "water tower". It is completely missing or is just an ugly autogenerated tower.

Unfortunately there is no feedback from Aerosoft for a long time. Are they working on an update? How is the state of things?

18 hours ago, DanSim85 said:

There are simply too many important details missing on the islands.

For example the main landmark on the island Langeoog.The "water tower". It is completely missing or is just an ugly autogenerated tower.

Unfortunately there is no feedback from Aerosoft for a long time. Are they working on an update? How is the state of things?

OK, I was referring to the default version, not the Aerosoft addon. The default workd is lacking Landmarks in general, future addons will solve this topic, for instance the EDDS Stuttgart airport was missing completly, now there is an addon free of charge but the TV antennas typical for Stuttgart are still missing..

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 minutes ago, Akki said:

for instance the EDDS Stuttgart airport was missing completly, now there is an addon free of charge but the TV antennas typical for Stuttgart are still missing..

Do you know of the free add-on?

https://flightsim.to/file/702/stuttgart-landmarks

• mopperle changed the title to East Frisian islands

Archived