APPR PERF page: TRANS FL vs ALT

StefanBravo

Hi,

On the MCDU APPR PERF page the transition level can be entered. In the A320 series this entry is called TRANS FL, but on the A330 it's called TRANS ALT. Is this also the case real life, or is this a minor mistake?

Regards,

Stefan

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 hours ago, StefanBravo said:

Hi,

On the MCDU APPR PERF page the transition level can be entered. In the A320 series this entry is called TRANS FL, but on the A330 it's called TRANS ALT. Is this also the case real life, or is this a minor mistake?

Regards,

Stefan

Real life differences of short haul and long haul FMGS.

• 4 weeks later...

On both ( T/O and APPR ) Pages, it states TRANS ALT.

On the T/O Page I would insert TRANS ALT of course.

But what has to be enetered on the APPR Page? As the TRANS FL is a function of TRANS ALT and QNH, I would insert TRANS FL in this case.

Or do I have to insert TRANS ALT in any case and the FMGS corrects the value for the entered QNH automatically?

Best regards,

Toto

I'd say the transition level has to be entered, as it is determined by ATC (or sometimes it is a fixed level). The in-built checklist function also uses the value you enter on the APPR page as the transition level. So it remains unclear why the MCDU says ALT instead of FL.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A32S:

Please login to display this image.

[4L] TRANS FL
Displays the Transition Level, computed by the FMS based on theTransition Altitude (extracted from the database) and the QNH value entered in the [1L] field. It is rounded to the upper multiple of 5. By default, it is displayed in small blue font. The crew can modify it (it is then displayed in large blue font).

A330:

Please login to display this image.

[4L] TRANS ALT
This field displays the transition altitude taken from the data base (small font) or entered by the flight crew (large font).
The flight crew can modify it at any time.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I checked some video/pics and asked one of our Pilots. The A330 FCOM is wrong/outdated. IRL also the A330 has TRANS FL. I will add it to the buglist.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, diamondstar said:

Thank you.

So which value has to be entered on the APPR PAGE: TRANS ALT or FL?

IRL FL, but in our system altitude if the field is labeled with TRANS ALT.

Archived