Installer and updater issues

I have just installed the A320/321, A318/319, A330 and the CRJ Pro in P3d v4.5 (in that specific order).
I found all aircraft installed in the folder F:\MyDocuments\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons – as expected.
However when I opened the AS Updater, I find no A330!

Please login to display this image.

After some investigation, I found that though for the A320, A319 and CRJ the ASUpdater was installed in my F:\MyDocuments\Aerosoft – as it should – the A330 installer decided to install the AsUpdater in a different folder (C:\Users\Ed\Documents\Aerosoft) – this without any intervention of my part.

So I was confronted with two ASUpdater in two different folders. But wait.....opening the ASUpdater in the C:\Users\Ed\Documents\Aerosoft, I ended up with:

....still no A330!

Talking about confusion....... But wait that’s not all. Adding to the confusion I installed the A330 in P3d v5. Here again no problem installing the aircraft in F:\MyDocuments\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons. But the updater entry was added to the existing one for the A320 etc in F:\MyDocuments\Aerosoft folder and not in the C:\Users\Ed\Documents\Aerosoft as it did for the P3d v4.5 version.

Opening the ASUpdater now, I see:

Great, but sill no P3d 4.5 entry for the A330.

Why the different procedures by the installer?. Very confusing – and it should not be.

Thanks for any solution and/or explanation.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello edS1945,

This looks like a registry issue. The ASUpdater should be always installed into C:\..\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater folder.

Some of the older installers looked this folder path from registry and they would use the path described in registry for the Documents folder. All of our latest installers however uses different method for this which bypasses the registry and finds the correct folder so that all your updater files are in the right place.

Archived