Issues after v5.1 update

IBE1133

Hi,

I updated my P3D to v5.1 yesterday (uninstalled client and installed the new one). I also applied the suggested aerosoft update for A-320 and A-330.

Everything seemed to be ok in A-330. except for the fact that updating deleted my aircraft.cfg., but it is not an issue.

But I cannot fly the A-320. I have no flight control (no pitch, no bank, etc., but the cockpit stick does move along with a cross in the PFD), pop-up mcdu menu has many options disabled (Aircraft State, doors, services, checklist). At a glance, cockpit configuration is slightly different from the usual one. You have to increase fcu brightness to see numbers appear, off by defect. ILS rose appears in ND, when usually you see route... etc.

Did I something wrong? Something I have forgotten? Any advice?

Thanks in advance 😉

Please login to display this image.

Reinstalling did the trick :-).

But I must kindly ask to the installation program responsible to maintain safe our livery configs. I know I can save them to a backup folder or disk, but the usual procedure (unless you are upgrading to a principal version number, o the changes themselves force you) is to respect user configs. Just to make things easier.

Thanks a lot 😉

Not, definitively not.

Things were going well until I upgraded to 1.4.1.1 via ASUpdater.

It came to an error (NullReferenceException) and subsequent CTD. From my WIndows Event viewer:

P1: ASUpdater.exe
P2: 1.6.0.0
P3: 5f3b902c
P4: ASUpdater
P5: 1.6.0.0
P6: 5f3b902c
P7: 33
P8: c
P9: System.NullReferenceException
P10: 

Aplicación: ASUpdater.exe
Versión de Framework: v4.0.30319
Descripción: el proceso terminó debido a una excepción no controlada.
Información de la excepción: System.NullReferenceException
   en ASUpdater.MainWindow.WriteLog(System.String)
   en ASUpdater.MainWindow.InstallUpdate(ASUpdaterLib.CProductInfo)
   en ASUpdater.MainWindow.bUpdate_Click(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   en System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   en System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   en System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   en System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   en System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
   en System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
   en System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   en MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   en System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   en System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   en ASUpdater.App.Main()

More details to come, if required.

Next step? Reinstall again?

Thanks 😉

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since this is an issue with the updater, could you please post this issue on the correct forum section. This helps us keep things more organised and will ensure you also better support. Thanks!

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/861-aerosoft-updater-and-livery-installer/

Archived