First impression with P3Dv5.1

I did a V5.1 full installation, deleted shaders and did a flight from EDDF to LEBB.
The instruments and animations worked as usual without any problems.
Also the flight behaviour did not change.

But with EA activated different textures of the CRJs look very strange and much too dark.
Can anyone confirm this or is this one thing where Hans can adapt something to P3Dv5.1 ?

EA on

Please login to display this image.

EA on

A off, looks like normal

After a PC new start the issues ar still there

EA on

EA off

• Developer

Nah. Not two weeks. I simply can't reproduce the problem. This is how the cockpit looks for me with EA on:

This is on runway 10R @ KORD (Drzewiecki scenery, I tried the same with default KIAD and sim-wings EDDM. In each case, I used the time preview to "scroll" from dawn to dusk, but the cockpit color was always right.

It is not the first time that your development PC shows something different than the PCs of the users 🙂

Well, I hope HiFi will update ASP3D soon so can disable EA.

Sim-Wing EDDM, Rwy26L

Time: 11:30 

EA on, looks like normal

EA on

EA on

EA off

EA off

By the way, today I flew from EDDM to LIRN and the Aerosoft A319 showed this texture behavior not so extreme with EA on. A bit darker but OK.

• Developer

Well, it's obviously a different rendering process with EA on. As you can see, everything has more depth to it, but is also darker. I bet, it's going to look different again with the next version of P3D. There's HDR on, HDR off, hardware HDR, EA on, EA off and combinations of these. It's just impossible to have one set of textures that looks right for everybody.

• 3 weeks later...

P3Dv5.1 HF1

Well, LM has improved the EA Mode, still not perfect but much better as before in V5.1

Left EA off / Right EA on

Left EA off / Right EA on

Just readable even with full light on. But it´s no more turning near black in higher altitudes

Wolfgang

Archived