Low FPS prepar3d 4.5

craigy

Hi 

I noted a previous topic about low fps in prepar3d 5 but I am having similar problems in Prepar3d 4.5 (latest version). For example, I just completed a flight from PHNL to YSSY. On the ground in PHNL I was getting 27FPS and when airborne 45. The FPS was locked at max 30 fps until airborne and I changed it to a max of 60fps as an experiment. When 20 miles off the coast of YSSY, the fps dropped to an average of 15 and as low as 8 all the way to touchdown. Parked, the average fps is 12. I have cleaned out the junk from the drives, cleaned the registry and optimised the drives. This problem occurs with all the buses and running the beta versions. Any ideas?

My system consists of:

CPU: I5 9600K 3.7ghz

Graphics: GTX1060 6gb

RAM: 16gb

Cheers

Craig

Hi Mathijs

Unlocking the framerate hasn't resolved the problem. I did a flight out of YSSY this morning in the A320 and got worse fps then I did with the A330. In the absence of other suggestions, I think I need to do a complete reinstall of the sim and scenery. 

Cheers

Craig

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys 

ive got about the same problem after the update, fps before update were about 50 to 70 in low demanding scenerys like above water at high settings now its in the low 20's in flytampa eham i had low 30's on high settings now i get below 10 fps on low /medium settings.

also if i use time exceleration the plane starts acting weird and ultimately starts going in stall or afloor and become unrecoverable,i thought i should reinstall the addon but i cant download it from the aerosoft site i purchased it from bol.com ( a webshop) but the version i get there is version 1.0.0.0.so im a bit lost here

my system 

amd ryzen 7 3700x

corsair vengeance lpx 32 gb  3000 mhz ram

gigabyte geforce gtx 1660 oc 6gb gpu

gigabyte b450 aorus elite mobo

wd blue 500gb m.2 ssd

thanks in advance

martin

Archived