VCRuntime140.dll Crash

tommchowat

Hi Guys, 

I've installed the latest A330 according to your instructions. I set it up for some circuits at your Heathrow and as soon as I'm on downwind and turn to look at the airport, I get a crash with the above faulting module. It's not a one off, as it happened around six times. 

Things I've tried:

Reinstalling 2015-2019 C++

New shaders, new P3D CFG

Testing older versions of A330 (1.0.2.0 does the same) 

Sfc/scannow command (it did say it repaired some files) 

I'm using P3D V5 HF2 (Not 5.1). I did exactly the same thing with the FsLabs bus, set it up for circuits, and it did them flawlessly, no crash at all on downwind or any time. To make sure I didn't get lucky, I tested circuits with the FsLabs three times with no issues. 

Any idea what this could be? There's obviously something that crashes your bus that doesn't crash the FsLabs bus... Could it be something to do with Real Light, True Glass etc? Never had an issue with them before. 

Specs;

9700k 5.1GHz

32GB DDR4

8GB RTX 2070 Super

2TB NVME 

Thanks. 

• Aerosoft

The error is pretty clear of course. Something with your runtime files is wrong. As this seems to be an isolated incident we can't assume the add-on is incorrect. I would first of all do the same at a default airport and see if it happens there as well.

That that affects one add-on and not others is not strange however, we use simply different modules (and more recent compilers). 

Just an update on this:

I found a few other (three) people who are having the same crash a couple of minutes after loading the plane. One of them suggested removing everything in the True Glass folder of the aircraft, which I did. No CTD, I did an entire circuit at EGLL when previously it would always crash on the downwind. 

However I also updated my video card drivers. So when I have time I'll put the True Glass files back where they were and test again. If it crashes where it usually does, then there is obviously an issue with those files. 

I'll report back. 

Update:

Put the files back in the True Glass folder of the aircraft and boom, crash to desktop after a couple of minutes again. 

Now we know the plane works fine without these files, but crashes with them. Any ideas are welcome. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 11/6/2020 at 5:01 PM, tommchowat said:

Update:

Put the files back in the True Glass folder of the aircraft and boom, crash to desktop after a couple of minutes again. 

Now we know the plane works fine without these files, but crashes with them. Any ideas are welcome. 

The problem is in this case the Trueglass.dll in the gauges folder.

Something TFDi has to fix, as it is their module. We are in contact with them.

But maybe direct reports to TFDi from users can help.

• 3 months later...

You need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC from the link supplied in the marked as answer reply to this thread, the 32bit version download and install of the data link library will be the most likely one that you will need, even if you are using a 64bit system, however, if the app that needs the file to run was developed for a 64bit OS only then you will need the 64bit version. You can install both versions on a 64bit system as a 64bit system will run both 32bit and 64bit apps and/or programs.

Here is the link again, for your convenience.

https://geeksadvice.com/fix-vcruntime140-dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/

Archived