Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.10.8.0 now available

Update: Version 1.10.8.0, A hotfix for CTDs related to custom input profiles is now available in both the Microsoft Store and on Steam.

Microsoft Flight Simulator version 1.10.7.0 is now available. To install the patch, simply close and relaunch Microsoft Flight Simulator, this should then automatically open the Microsoft Store and the update will download.

Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

PLANES

Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000
    Improved autopilot behavior for pitch management, altitude capture and stability for Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Cessna Citation Longitude, Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and Daher TBM 930
    Fixed Zlin Shock Ultra caution amber light which was always on
    Fixed Cirrus SR22 windshield deicing not working
    Fixed Cessna 152 flood light always ON during tutorials
    Fixed aircraft avionics screens going blank in certain conditions
    Fixed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner APU fault light behavior
    Unlocking longitudinal position of elevator to allow for “Canard” airplanes

UI

Press any key to start screen is now automatically skipped at launch
    Option added to the Misc menu to switch between Metric and US standard units
    Performances has been improved in plane selection menu and marketplace
    The TrackIR can be enabled/disabled in the camera panel during flight
    Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu

WEATHER

Metar data refresh issue has been fixed

INSTALLATION MANAGER

Solved several installation issues that were affecting edge cases
    We now display the download speed and amount of packages that are being downloaded

INPUT

Support for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
    Ability to move the origin of the sensitivity curve and change the sensitivity value on both side of the origin
    Fix input values when using deadzones

ACTIVITY

All Landing challenge scores should now be properly tracked in the leaderboards

MARKETPLACE

Quality of life updates for the marketplace

WORLD

Motion blur has been added
    New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented
    The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)
    Night lighting has been improved
    Water night reflections have been added
    Huge hole in Brazil has been fixed

KNOWN ISSUES

VNAV can overshoot the climb speed. Disconnecting the AP after take off and re engaging it will limit the overshoot impact
    The Cessna Citation Longitude can be slightly below the glide slope as you get close to the airport
    Once activated, the Switch to Mach units knob won’t return to knots on the Airbus A320neo
    Live weather fails to save properly after restarting the game
    UI fails to refresh after you Buy & Download any item, letting the download button appear

As always and as noted in the banner at the top of this page, don't forget to check for updates in the Microsoft Store app first. When you do, you'll see a 955.8 MB update for MFS you'll want to install first. Afterwards, when you to into MFS, you'll find an additional 7.16 GB waiting for you to download.

Seems to be something wrong for me. I downloaded the MS-Store-Update and as you stated, there was another update when launching MSF2020 but mine has already downloaded 20GB now. What´s happening here?

By the way - 15633% 🙂

3FE1DDB4-B6EE-45EC-9B82-E5DB5D41FC12.thumb.jpg.0e97af84700efa9fbf0f6b1375bb96af.jpg

I paused the download and started MSF again. It continued donwloading packages but now it looks okay(ish): 79% completed, 16,23GB from 20,75GB so at least it´s plausible now... Still wondering what I´m downloading here. 

Unfortunately this update does not seem to be working for me. I downloaded the update from the store first.  Then it went to install but for some reason FlightSim shut down (not sure if my fault or not).  But then when relaunching it just sits and spins saying "checking for updates" but NEVER begins the download again.  I let it sit for over an hour.  Just pins and spins.  This is NOT very good.... does not even show any status as it never makes it past the CHECKING part.  

I am not very happy about this.  All I wanted to do was a quick hour flight tonight and three hours later I am still here.  This is very bad.  What and why do they force unreliable updates like this that cant somehow update behind the scenes. 

image.thumb.png.21f72804909fa851c40c2446a8a4370e.png

The purpose of the thread was to announce the update available October 29. With that done, the thread is locked. Please visit the official MFS s support forums and zendesk for issues. Where to find the forums and zendesk are in the post below:

• Tom changed the title to Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.10.8.0 now available
  • Tom locked this topic
  • Tom unpinned and unfeatured this topic