Descent doesn't complete, A320

laird

I'm using P3dv5 and Aerosoft Airbus.

When I start a flight, most things go reasonably well and I get to cruise level without much trouble. The problems begin as I approach T/D and initiate descent.

About 5-10nm before reaching T/D, I dial down the altitude to 2000. The Airbus noses down to V/S of only 300 f/m - I expect 1000 f/m, but it doesn't happen. If I leave it like this it overflies the runway at an altitude of thousands of feet. As it goes through FL 10,000 I press the LS button and right click on the altitude knob (which doesn't always engage to show the ball indicator). To try and correct, I have tried dialing in a V/S descent on -1000 or -1500, and sometimes the plane doesn't respond. I have also tried bringing the thrust back to zero. That action does cause the plane to start to descend. It continues towards the airport, and as it reaches to anywhere between 5000 - 10,000 feet, without any input from me, it goes into climb continuing to follow the flight path, but climbing back up towards the cruise FL. I have closely followed the example flight from Frankfurt - Heathrow and the result was no different, it overflew the runway. 

My questions:

1. What is the correct Descent procedure? What am I missing?

2. Could the problem be software - the Aerosoft Airbus package and it's interaction with P3dv5?

Archived