Saitek radio panel not working with airbus A318 -A321

Brianwhtn53

Hi,

Since 1.4.0.3 update the Saitek radio panels will not change frequencies on the airbus. I have updated to the latest version 1.4.1.0 and they still are not working. The frequencies can be changed directly in the airbus, but not the saitek panel. I am using SpadneXt. It worked before the 1.4.0.3 update.

I know this is a known issue, but I thought it was being fixed in the latest update.

I know this, but it is not spadneXt that is the issue it is the saitek radio panel. Also other 3rd party apps are also unable to change radio frequencies. If you look back through the forum, this has been an issue since 1.4.0.3 update. Stable version 1.4.0.1 is fine, so something broke after that update.

Please can you look again at what might have changed, gone wrong.

Looking at the forums this is also an issue with the A330.

just to add some more detail in the hope it helps you find what has changed, if you operate the radios from the cockpit views the Saitek panels update as usual and you can switch freq from standby to active all ok too for the virtual cockpit in the sim and the panels show the switch correctly, its just the frequency knob that tries to work 

• Aerosoft

I am really sorry but we simply do not know what could cause this. As far as we know the Saitek radiostack can only handle the standard radio commands so it would be that when we moved to new frequency spacing this caused the issue. We can provide the lvars if somebody wants to write a driver.

I have created a video showing exactly what is happening. I urge you to please look at this again. This is with the standard saitek plugin, not spadneXt.

Please login to view this video.

Appreciate it when you can take a look for a future release. In the meantime I'll stick with a working version in P3DV4_V1310.

Something in the experimental updates caused this. Its being reported across the board in all external programs and hardware that can change the com frequency.

Personally i experience it with both the Logitech (saitek) panel and Pilot2ATC.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/587846-aerosoft-airbus-radio-frequencies/

• 1 month later...

Archived