Shared installation

dhazelgrove

I'm going to be moving the Lightnings from the P3Dv4.5 SimObjects folder to the P3Dv4.5 external add-ons folder, so that I can share it with P3Dv5.

It seems to me that I'll only need to move the items in the SimObjects folder and the Effects folder, so are there any effects bitmaps I should also move?

Thanks,

Dave

1 hour ago, dhazelgrove said:

I'm going to be moving the Lightnings from the P3Dv4.5 SimObjects folder to the P3Dv4.5 external add-ons folder, so that I can share it with P3Dv5.

It seems to me that I'll only need to move the items in the SimObjects folder and the Effects folder, so are there any effects bitmaps I should also move?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes,  in the effects texture folder fx_fireadd_lit  ; fx_litRH ; and  fx_2l

Cheers

D

16 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

Oh dear.

The Lightnings appear as selectable in P5D, and they preview alright -- but if I select one I get a CTD on sim loading.

Dave

Hi Dave

Well they do work in P3dv5,  Have you tried them in the P3dv5 aircrafts folder ?   What is the advantage of using the shared folder ?

I have found  that V5 crashes with the slightest error , if it looks for something that isn't there it crashes.

D

The advantage to using only the one set of files is space -- if there's no difference between the P4D and the P5D installations it seems daft to have two sets of everything.

Moving the files out of the native SimObjects directory results in a CTD for both P4D and P5D, so it does seem to be an initialisation issue -- possibly the sounds?

There's certainly (at least) one pointer that's out of whack somewhere. I'm still looking.....

Thanks for the bitmap.

Dave

3 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

The advantage to using only the one set of files is space -- if there's no difference between the P4D and the P5D installations it seems daft to have two sets of everything.

Moving the files out of the native SimObjects directory results in a CTD for both P4D and P5D, so it does seem to be an initialisation issue -- possibly the sounds?

There's certainly (at least) one pointer that's out of whack somewhere. I'm still looking.....

Thanks for the bitmap.

Dave

Hi Dave

I was just about to say check the main sound files  , I have 14 that start Lit or lit .

D

17 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Dave

I was just about to say check the main sound files  , I have 14 that start Lit or lit .

D

Interesting. I don't have any "*lit*" sound files in the main sound folder.

Dave

5 minutes ago, dhazelgrove said:

Interesting. I don't have any "*lit*" sound files in the main sound folder.

Dave

Ooo-er ! .... could cause a problem .... top post  has all the new stuff that was needed for P3dv4.5 , use those .

D

1 minute ago, wingman5 said:

Ooo-er ! .... could cause a problem .... top post  has all the new stuff that was needed for P3dv4.5 , use those .

D

oops no sorry That is only the .dllls . I'll get the sounds for you .

D

I've set P5D to report errors>

I'm getting a missing bitmap: "Aerosoft Lightning T5\panel\speed_back.bmp".

Three missing effects:

fx_lit3_sonicboom, fx_lit3_missile_L, fx_lit3_missile_R

I'm trying to load the T5, and I'm getting:

"MK6_VENTRAL 1.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
"PARTS02_N.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

You'd be amazed at just how much rubbish there is reported.....

Dave

1 hour ago, dhazelgrove said:

I've set P5D to report errors>

I'm getting a missing bitmap: "Aerosoft Lightning T5\panel\speed_back.bmp".

Three missing effects:

fx_lit3_sonicboom, fx_lit3_missile_L, fx_lit3_missile_R

I'm trying to load the T5, and I'm getting:

"MK6_VENTRAL 1.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)
"PARTS02_N.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

You'd be amazed at just how much rubbish there is reported.....

Dave

Hi Dave 

No I'm not surprised , :0)  , Seen 'em all  . there are some of my dodgy animation codes  that throw up an error ... (even though they still work )  , and every single Tackpack code , the error reporter sees (>C: etc. as an error ) 

For the T5\Panel error simply delete the line "   file=speed_back.bmp  "

fx_lit_missile_R.fx

fx_lit_missile_L.fx

fx_lit3_sonicboom.fx

Not sure why its looking for the mk6 ventral on the t5,  if you want grab it from the T55 and drop it into the t5 common. , but these are not errors that would cause your CTD's ( (all worked on my machine and yours !  P.S.  I have  corrected all the XML errors , but I would need to re-export all the models and Aerosoft would then have to repackage everything . If I can ever get It all PBR'd  maybe that would happen  )

It actually isn't as bad as it looks , the same errors recycle time after time .

I have actually managed to get a clear error reporting sheet ( but I had to take out all the tackpac folders and references, not sure how I can hide them ))

Cheers

D

Hey there,

I still can't figure out why it won't run -- so I've bitten the bullet and installed the suite natively. They run perfectly that way (there's no justice).

I know what you mean about TacPack errors. The same issues happen with SSW's vACMI. There doesn't seem to be any sign of TacPack appearing in P5D. The 'new' P4D version is still supposedly a beta.

Ah, well.....

Dave

5 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

Hey there,

I still can't figure out why it won't run -- so I've bitten the bullet and installed the suite natively. They run perfectly that way (there's no justice).

I know what you mean about TacPack errors. The same issues happen with SSW's vACMI. There doesn't seem to be any sign of TacPack appearing in P5D. The 'new' P4D version is still supposedly a beta.

Ah, well.....

Dave

Hi Dave 

I might have a go myself  , I gather you put the aircraft into the  Prepare3Dv4 (or 5) Add-ons folder  .... in a new Aircrafts folder or individually ?

Then how do you  link to the sims to the  aircraft , via an entry in the add-ons.cfg  ?

D

Hi there,

Yes. Firstly you create a top-level folder in P3Dv4 addons fiolder. Call it "Aerosoft Lightnings".

Under that you create a 'SimObjects\Airplanes' folder, an 'Effects' folder, and a 'Sounds' folder.

You also need the addon xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Aerosoft Lightnings</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Add-ons by Aerosoft</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>Sound</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Put all the Lightnings into the 'SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

Effects and effect textures into 'Effects', and sounds into 'Sound'.

To declare the aircraft to your sim, make changes to the 'add-ons.cfg' in the relevant sim in %programdata%\Lockheed Martin.

Dave

Hi Dave

I did a test with a single aircraft and it worked a charm!
  If your code is verbatim can you use \ in a folder title ?

In the Prepare3D v4 Add-ons folder I created  "Horten" folder.
 In that a "SimObjects" folder and add-on.xml .......

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Horten</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Horten glider</AddOn.Description>
   <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects</Path>
      </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

In the "SimObjects" folder goes the "Horten HoIVa" aircraft folder.
I ignored the Sound and Effects but your entries look right.
 maybe it might be best to ignore the "Aerosoft Lightnings" folder  and enter them as individual aircraft? In which case just copy the sounds and effects into each sim.

In the p3dv4 & v5 add-ons.cfgs I added the entry....

[Package.N]
PATH=C:\Users\UKGC\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Horten
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Cheers
 Dave

Hi there,

I'm glad that it works for you, but I can't get it to do anything.

I 'borrowed' the code from another package -- which does work.

Virtual head-shaking here.....

Dave

21 hours ago, dhazelgrove said:

Hi there,

I'm glad that it works for you, but I can't get it to do anything.

I 'borrowed' the code from another package -- which does work.

Virtual head-shaking here.....

Dave

Hi Dave

Well I have found the problem .... It's the ASC.dll. delete that and everything is fine and dandy  ,  trouble is you loose the cockpit sounds , and other than randomly trying other ASC.dll's of other aerosoft aircraft I have no idea on how to fix it .

BTW the models grouped  rather than as individuals is the way to go otherwise  texture fallbacks don't work.

Dave

3 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Dave

Well I have found the problem .... It's the ASC.dll. delete that and everything is fine and dandy  ,  trouble is you loose the cockpit sounds , and other than randomly trying other ASC.dll's of other aerosoft aircraft I have no idea on how to fix it .

BTW the models grouped  rather than as individuals is the way to go otherwise  texture fallbacks don't work.

Dave

Thanks for that. The Aerosoft F-14 installs as an external package, so I'm wondering if there might be a pointer there. That's a group of three and it has cockpit sounds.

It works in P5D, too.

Dave

Archived