Set-up problems

George

This is my first post with a lot of problems/symptoms, so it's going to be long. First thanks for clarifying on/off switch is the close button. problem #1 gone. Next I downloaded flight calc. and acrobat 6.0.2, printed out the manual, clicked on the icon, brought up the calculator, said "yea, I'm in!". The next thing I did was bad. I deleted the ZIP download. The calculator doesn't work and I want to reinstall it. If I download another copy do I have to pay for it again? Back to the calculator... I can get no menu or numbers in the scratchpad. I can get a click on the MODE button and I can get a little green light at the end of lines 1-3. That is all the operation I have. That's the GOOD news. Calculator only appears on the desktop. I have to [CLT]+[tab] out of FS9 to see it. I can't get the transparent mode. This is the real zinger... ALL my aircraft have lost the display in the A/P and radio stack. I checked and reset the default settings. This just moved me to Seattle with the same malfunctions. I am using windows XP and bought the unregistered version because I had changed FSUIPC when I downloaded another add-on. I'm tempted to reinstall FS9 but don't want to lose some of the downloads I've paid for. Well, that should be enough to get you scratching your heads... Oh by the way, your forum set-up is really good. I have read some really great and professional answers to other problems. A good team.

Dear Sir,

let's first summerize your problems:

:arrow: On/Off button: solved

I deleted the ZIP download.

The calculator doesn't work and I want to reinstall it.

If I download another copy do I have to pay for it again?

:arrow: I'm not responsible for the registration of any of the products of Aerosoft, you should wait for confirmation from Aerosoft itself.

I can get no menu or numbers in the scratchpad.

I can get a click on the MODE button and I can get a little green light

at the end of lines 1-3. That is all the operation I have.

:arrow: I don't really get the idea... You've clicked the MODE button and you don't get any information on the calculator? Please upload here a screenshot of the calculator after you've clicked the MODE button.

The problem might just be that the correct font isn't installed. If so, i'll be able to guide you through the installation of that font.

I can't get the transparent mode.

:arrow: Did you try to use the Alpha Blend option from the Tray Icon Menu?

TrayMenu.png

I'm tempted to reinstall FS9 but don't want to lose some of the downloads I've paid for.

:arrow: Please leave that reinstall for now! Maybe it's just that problem with your fonts...

Please give me the required info, and hopefully i'll be able to help you further...

Kind regards,

Evarest

i think it is a problem with the font, especially when the other gauges dont work anymore too

please follow these instructions evarest gave in another post:

[*] :arrow: Uninstall the font named Quartz

[*]Open Windows Explorer.

[*]Go to C:WindowsFonts

[*]Locate the font named "Quartz"

[*]Choose Edit|Copy from the menu

[*]Go to another folder to paste that font. This way, you can always place it back in case you need to.

[*]Now you've backked up the font, lets delete it. Select the font in the Fonts folder and press DEL.

[*] :arrow: Install the new font

[*]Download the font from this location/

[*]Unzip the contents to C:WindowsFonts. The font will now be installed.

[*] :arrow: Check whether your problem is solved by opening Flight Computer.

Kind regards,

Evarest

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello Rene,

You have e-mail.

Shaun.

Aerosoft online.

Hi Shaun, I just read your message. I think it got in my hotmail spam box and was deleted automatically. Could you send it again?

Regards

Rene

mdamstel@hotmail.com

PS Reinstalled today, and the qaurtz font now appears in de font dir, and the calc works! Thanks anyway!