Cannot get the A330 started since updated to v1.0.2.2

samwise7

I've tried removing and reinstalling the software.  

I'm using P3D V4.5 hf3. And I'm quite familiar with start procedures.  Is anyone else having problems? I'd like to get some assistance.  

Thanks

I uninstalled, reinstalled, the installer then forced a reboot which I did. Although, I have installed All my Aerosoft product this way, I'll try your sequence and see if that makes a difference.

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Mr Gamgee,

Did you uninstall, reboot, then start P3D, close P3D and reinstall?

53 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Mr Gamgee,

Did you uninstall, reboot, then start P3D, close P3D and reinstall?

Hi, I tried as you suggested above but still could not get the engines to turn over.  N3% goes up to about 32, and then nothing else happens.   

Hello again @DaveCT2003.  I would really like to get this fixed.  I noticed that according to a post in the general section Mr. Kok states that the current experimental version for this software is 1.2.0.1.  The only installer available in the store for me is 1.0.1.0 which updates the product to 1.0.2.2.  Where is the version Mr. Kok refers too.  I was using these products just fine since they were released, and I'm only experiencing problems since the last update and re-install.  Is there a way to open a active support ticket?  

59 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Run the ASUpdater, turn on Experimental updates under Configuration and try again.

@mopperleThe updater is already receiving Experimentals. I've already updated to the latest available version

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

So please explain in detail what exactly does not work. Screenshots can be helpfull.

I'll prepare a short video and post it here later. 

• Aerosoft
On 10/22/2020 at 2:04 PM, samwise7 said:

Hello again @DaveCT2003.  I would really like to get this fixed. 

But as you are really the only one with this issue there is not a lot that we can do. It's not a bug that we can fix.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But as you are really the only one with this issue there is not a lot that we can do. It's not a bug that we can fix.

@Mathijs Kok, I never said or implied that it was a bug with your software.  I only requested a bit of help to see if it was an installation error on my part and a bit of clarification regarding the version numbers in your post in the general section.  But very well, please feel free to close this unresolved "user error" issue. Good day.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mathijs Kok, Since you have decided to leave the topic open I decided to look further and I came across the same issue on an earlier version (Pre 1.0.0.4. I'm of course still the only one with this issue on the current version, I guess).  Below is a link to the topic.  I read through each post. The problem was only resolved in the end with an updated installer.  (But I am sure of course that wasn't a "bug" as you also commented in that post, that the affected user was the "only one" having the issue, but that being the case I'm confused as to how an updated installer fixed an issue that was not a "bug".  The post did not explain that as it was closed immediately after the user reported success after that update, and the resolution was not shared).  Anyway, I have posted again here because even with the most recent update, the issue in my case still persists.  I know you are busy with other areas of your business right now and if you were to respond that you have neither to time or the desire to look into this further, I understand, after all caveat emptor. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jose,

I don't think Mathijs denied the bug or issue that you are experiencing. What he probably meant was that it's a bug that we cannot really fix because currently we have very little idea where to look from. To our knowledge you are currently the only one experiencing this issue and we are unable to recreate this ourselves.

Our only lead currently is that you have said that there is something wrong with the start but there is very little information beyond that which we could use to work this issue. Please try to describe the issue in detail what are the steps that you take trying to start the aircraft. If you can, taking the whole process in video would be the best option because that way we can see what is going on before the issue and during the issue itself happening and that could maybe give us some idea where to look from.

19 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hello Jose,

I don't think Mathijs denied the bug or issue that you are experiencing. What he probably meant was that it's a bug that we cannot really fix because currently we have very little idea where to look from. To our knowledge you are currently the only one experiencing this issue and we are unable to recreate this ourselves.

Our only lead currently is that you have said that there is something wrong with the start but there is very little information beyond that which we could use to work this issue. Please try to describe the issue in detail what are the steps that you take trying to start the aircraft. If you can, taking the whole process in video would be the best option because that way we can see what is going on before the issue and during the issue itself happening and that could maybe give us some idea where to look from.

Thank you, the issue as always that following the recommended flow and checklist the engines would not start.  However with the insight I gathered from the post I pinned I was able to fix the issue which was indeed created by me.  What caused my issue was related to the saved default flight and the fuel tank selector being set to external tanks rather than normal in the default aircraft.  The 330 is now back to behaving normally.  It was never my intention to assign blame to the 330 software, and I regret taking Mr. Kok's statement personally.  For that I do apologize.  I just wanted to be able to use the 330 again, and now I'm happy to report I'm able.  Hopefully, my resolution can help someone who experiences the same issue.  Thank you again Secondator. 

Archived