TCA Support for the Aerosoft busses and update schedule

Secondator

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello everyone,

We are very excited about the new Thrustmaster - TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition which is due to release tomorrow (22 October 2020). Therefore, I would like to give you a small update on our Aerosoft A318/319, A320/321 & A330 Professional lines supporting this product. We are currently on the final stages of building the next a stable release for all formerly mentioned aircraft that will bring full support for the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant. We were initially hoping for a day one release for this support but we noticed some last minute issues that we would like to iron out first before officially releasing the update. Currently the planned release date is set on Monday (26 October 2020) given that all the testing of this update from now on goes according to the plan. If you are interested to take a look on the setup process however, I have attached the updated vol1 manual which will go through all the details that you need to know to get the new TCA quadrant working correctly (pages 39 & 40).

In other news I am also happy to announce that we have been also doing some work with the radial in feature that has been highly requested by our users. Fixes for this feature will also be shipped on the next update. We are also hard at work with bringing CPDLC compatibility and hope that we can bring that as well not too long after this update. 

Stay safe & Happy landings!

Vol1-In P3D.pdf

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that while in this price range the TCA Quadrant is certainly adequate, I'm a bit baffled by the design decisions. Thrustmaster licensed this from Airbus and tried to build an approximation of the A320 throttle, but they failed in very important parts, which makes the implementation with Airbus add-ons not as straightforward as one might expect.

The problem are the detends, which becomes apparent if one calibrates the device in a way that the iddle point is where it is on the throttle, which will also give you idle position in the sim.

The first detend on this throttle is at the half point of the throttle. But on the airbus the first detend (CLB) is at around the 2/3 point. So the distance between CLB and FLX detends on the TCA Quadrant is wrong. As is the printed scale in the middle of the throttle. It's relative position to the climb detend is correct, but since the detend is in the wrong position, the scale is also off.

• Aerosoft
On 10/25/2020 at 1:15 PM, Farlis said:

I have to say that while in this price range the TCA Quadrant is certainly adequate, I'm a bit baffled by the design decisions. Thrustmaster licensed this from Airbus and tried to build an approximation of the A320 throttle, but they failed in very important parts, which makes the implementation with Airbus add-ons not as straightforward as one might expect.

The problem are the detends, which becomes apparent if one calibrates the device in a way that the iddle point is where it is on the throttle, which will also give you idle position in the sim.

The first detend on this throttle is at the half point of the throttle. But on the airbus the first detend (CLB) is at around the 2/3 point. So the distance between CLB and FLX detends on the TCA Quadrant is wrong. As is the printed scale in the middle of the throttle. It's relative position to the climb detend is correct, but since the detend is in the wrong position, the scale is also off.

If you look at the cam that sets the detents it is clear there is very little room to spread them out more realistic. You are right though.

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

If you look at the cam that sets the detents it is clear there is very little room to spread them out more realistic. You are right though.

I make it a bit better with mine one.

The mechanism which simulates the "detents" are resilient pressure pieces (Federnde Druckschrauben in German)

HUG Technik Shop | FEDERNDES DRUCKSTÜCK M8 EDELSTAHL INNENSECHSKANT UND  KUGEL, STANDARD FEDERKRAFT;Federnde Druckstücke mit Innensechskant und  Kugel, Edelstahl - HUG Online Shop

What I did is to unscrewed these screws a little further with small pliers. ( I used same technic with my Saitek Throttle to simulate detents)

All in all i think this is a design issue.

There should be better used a smaller pressure piece which fits the little room better to simlate the detents.

HUG Technik Shop | FEDERNDES DRUCKSTÜCK M3 BOLZEN, INNENSECHSKANT UND  DRUCKSTIFT, STANDARD;Federnde Druckstücke mit Innensechskant und  Druckstift, Stahl - HUG Online Shop

Probably I will try to remove the original screws with others but I do that later if there are more Throttles on stock cause if I damage mine xD

!!! Be aware if you manipulate on your throttle you can probably loose your Manufacturer guarantee !!!

Cheers.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Alex97490 said:

why there is no informations about the CPDLC???

On 10/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, Secondator said:

We are also hard at work with bringing CPDLC compatibility and hope that we can bring that as well not too long after this update. 

Hi all,

reg. part Calibration in the manual.

Needs this to be done with the windows calibration cause I have no option to "calibrate" something:

Please login to display this image.

Cheers

Bernd

Same issue here. Unable to calibrate throttle levers with Thrustmaster firmware 1.56.

Engines are running at Idle when full reverse is selected and at 45-46% N1 in Idle detent.

Any other key mapping needed for reverse thrust (eg. virtual buttons)?

vor 1 minute, AirbusPilotWB! sagte:

Same issue here. Unable to calibrate throttle levers with Thrustmaster firmware 1.56.

Engines are running at Idle when full reverse is selected and at 45-46% N1 in Idle detent.

I had to delete the calibration within P3D, after that it was "fine" but I guess it needs still some calibration cause if I put the levers 2/3 in direction to CL it already jumps into it in the Bus. Hm.

TCA Quadrant with Linda / VRinsight and Airbus prof.
After the update from October 26th. and the previously published instructions for key assignment for the TCA Quadrant, the keys work. But: In the Vrinsight / Airbus version, the radio frequencies can no longer be set. it only works again after deleting the keys. So either or. This is not good.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, yes depending on driver version and firmware there is no calibrate option in the gamecontroler window.

In P3Dv4 just use the sim calibration (be sure to include the rev range).

In P3Dv5 it should work without.

Be sure that in the controller window your throttle positions are indicated as expected. (In idle ~15-20%)

Check that you have set direct input in P3D.

If you have the virtual buttons activated, remove their default assigning by sim. For me TOGA left button was assigned to view change. Others are assigned by default to gear, flap, ...

30 minutes ago, AirbusPilotWB! said:

Same problem for me. Lever wont go into IDLE, only when using reverse thrust. Calibration via Gamecontroller useless i.e. not possible. 
You can see in the picture that Bernd posted  above, that the throttles do not start in IDLE (green filling).

Im using P3Dv5 and have no way of calibrating, only got everything working with FSUIPC and Linda, but without detents.

Better move this into another section fo the Forum cause we are in the "no support" channel :)

Try the following:

Double YES, after that step it worked for me but I am still having an small issue with the Reverser.

If I put the Levers(on the TM Throttle) into Full Rev. position, the Rev. in the Sim jumps back:

Cheers

Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, JeyhanOsman said:

Hi,

After updating to latest update, I cannot open the configurator. Please see attached image.

Looks like something has gone wrong with your update for whatever reason. I just checked my files from after the update and have CPDLC.ini file in the Data folder for all aircraft.

However this file is identical for all aircraft, so if you have it on some other aircraft in the Data folder, you can just copy-paste it. But if you want to be on the safe side to make sure there are no other file defects in your update one option (that I would recommend) is to try full reinstall of the installer and then applying the update again on top of that and checking you don't get this message anymore. If after full reinstall you still get the message, please open a new topic on the support section and we'll take a closer look into it.

2 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Looks like something has gone wrong with your update for whatever reason. I just checked my files from after the update and have CPDLC.ini file in the Data folder for all aircraft.

However this file is identical for all aircraft, so if you have it on some other aircraft in the Data folder, you can just copy-paste it. But if you want to be on the safe side to make sure there are no other file defects in your update one option (that I would recommend) is to try full reinstall of the installer and then applying the update again on top of that and checking you don't get this message anymore. If after full reinstall you still get the message, please open a new topic on the support section and we'll take a closer look into it.

Okay thanks I will try that and report back if any issues.

Archived