TCA Support for the Aerosoft busses and update schedule

Secondator

On 6/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, masterhawk said:

Have you checked this?

thanks for this info now its working but not fully correct but its flyable thank you so much for the help! 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I got the TM Throttle quadrant today and trying to set up the throttle's I did engine one ok but engine two does not work when trying to edit the controls via P3D. I also set back to defaults but the left throttle still controls that engine one.

Never mind did not have the TCA selected haha

Also what control settings do i need to change for the engine switches to work?

EDIT - All sorted found a guide online.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi -

I have just updated prep3d and Aerosoft a330 to the latest versions - I have spent a bit of time sorting thru the thrustmaster TCA add ons - and generally have most of it working. I am still struggling with the rudder trim settings. i have used the A3xx configurator too. 

This recent post by Mathijis Kok explains it all very well:

To correctly implement those switches/knobs/handles please assign following buttons in the "Key Assignments" menu of P3D:

switch on game controller                EVENT                ASSIGNMENT            REPEAT slider        ON RELEASE                       -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEAR lever in UP position              "Hotas generic key (A8)"        BUTTON 21            full left        -
GEAR lever in DOWN position            "Hotas generic key (A9)"        BUTTON 21            -                YES
PARK BRK handle in SET position        "Hotas generic key (B0)"        BUTTON 20            full left        -
PARK BRK handle in RELEASE position    "Hotas generic key (B1)"        BUTTON 20            -                YES
AUTO BRK BTV                           "Hotas generic key (B2)"        BUTTON 22            full left        -
AUTO BRK LO                            "Hotas generic key (B3)"        BUTTON 23            full left        -
AUTO BRK 2                             "Hotas generic key (B4)"        BUTTON 24            full left        -
AUTO BKR HI                            "Hotas generic key (B5)"        BUTTON 26            full left        -
RUD TRIM knob in left position         "Hotas generic key (B6)"        BUTTON 18            middle           -
RUD TRIM knob in right position        "Hotas generic key (B7)"        BUTTON 19            middle           -
RUD TRIM knob in center position       "Hotas generic key (B8)"        BUTTON 18            -                YES
RUD TRIM knob in center position       "Hotas generic key (B8)"        BUTTON 19            -                YES
RUD TRIM RESET button                  "Hotas generic key (B9)"        BUTTON 17            full left        -
RUD TRIM RESET button                  "Hotas generic key (B9)"        BUTTON 17            -                YES

To correctly implement those switches/knobs/handles please assign following buttons in the "Key Assignments" menu of P3D:

switch on game controller                EVENT                ASSIGNMENT            REPEAT slider        ON RELEASE                       -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEAR lever in UP position              "Hotas generic key (A8)"        BUTTON 21            full left        -
GEAR lever in DOWN position            "Hotas generic key (A9)"        BUTTON 21            -                YES
PARK BRK handle in SET position        "Hotas generic key (B0)"        BUTTON 20            full left        -
PARK BRK handle in RELEASE position    "Hotas generic key (B1)"        BUTTON 20            -                YES
AUTO BRK BTV                           "Hotas generic key (B2)"        BUTTON 22            full left        -
AUTO BRK LO                            "Hotas generic key (B3)"        BUTTON 23            full left        -
AUTO BRK 2                             "Hotas generic key (B4)"        BUTTON 24            full left        -
AUTO BKR HI                            "Hotas generic key (B5)"        BUTTON 26            full left        -
RUD TRIM knob in left position         "Hotas generic key (B6)"        BUTTON 18            middle           -
RUD TRIM knob in right position        "Hotas generic key (B7)"        BUTTON 19            middle           -
RUD TRIM knob in center position       "Hotas generic key (B8)"        BUTTON 18            -                YES
RUD TRIM knob in center position       "Hotas generic key (B8)"        BUTTON 19            -                YES
RUD TRIM RESET button                  "Hotas generic key (B9)"        BUTTON 17            full left        -
RUD TRIM RESET button                  "Hotas generic key (B9)"        BUTTON 17            -                YES

Where I am having problems is with prep3d having only 1 x "hotas generic key (B8)" and 1 x "hotas generic (B9)" position - to map the switch to and the return to neutral position- I cant seem to duplicate the (B8) position or the hotas generic (B9) position.  What i would have expected to see to make it work would have been this:

RUD TRIM knob in center position       "Hotas generic key (B9)"        BUTTON 19            -                YES
RUD TRIM RESET button                  "Hotas generic key (C0)"        BUTTON 17            full left        -
RUD TRIM RESET button                  "Hotas generic key (C1)"        BUTTON 17            -                YES

So I am not sure when I am trying to map the switch if I am turning it the wrong way or if there is some other step i am missing to get the duplicate positions to map the switch returning to neutral. 

Any help would be great

Thanks 

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you select create new or something like that you can duplicate it.

The procedure is described in volume 1 of the manual. Last pages.

Thanks masterhawk - I tried several more times with create new and eventually it worked! Not sure what I was doing wrong

Evening all. 

I'm having issues with the TCA quadrant. I need some help please. P3D4.5. Aerosoft A319/320/321 latest version. Latest 1.69 TCA drivers etc

1. I can't get the IDLE detents and reverse to work. I have got CLB/FLX/TOGA spot on but I only get IDLE when at full reverse. 

2. When I select full spoilers I note that the rudder trim is activated. This isn't assigned on the quadrant so I don't know how that is happening. 

Thanks very much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, bazzachazza said:

Evening all. 

I'm having issues with the TCA quadrant. I need some help please. P3D4.5. Aerosoft A319/320/321 latest version. Latest 1.69 TCA drivers etc

1. I can't get the IDLE detents and reverse to work. I have got CLB/FLX/TOGA spot on but I only get IDLE when at full reverse. 

2. When I select full spoilers I note that the rudder trim is activated. This isn't assigned on the quadrant so I don't know how that is happening. 

Thanks very much.

Thanks for the support

• 2 months later...

I hope this is the right place for my problem.

prior to updating the busses to the latest version my tca quadrant worked fine , however now after doing the updates I can't the throttles to go to anything above idle, they will go into reverse.

I have tried uninstalling the busses and doing the exact method as described earlier. The buttons work but not the throttles. I am using P3D v.4.and WIN 10

I have only the tca Quandrant ticked in the configurator, I have recalibrated the quadrant and still unable to move the throttles past IDLE.

I have tried the calibration process on page 39 in Vol 1 but my game game controller dialog is different from the one used.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to JPM and Masterhawk's post, would you be able to share how to duplicate the B8 and B9 Hotas assignments to get the Rudder trim working properly?

Thanks very much in advance.

Tyga

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/20/2021 at 2:14 PM, Tyga78 said:

Further to JPM and Masterhawk's post, would you be able to share how to duplicate the B8 and B9 Hotas assignments to get the Rudder trim working properly?

Thanks very much in advance.

Tyga

Procedure should be described in the vol1 documentation. Last pages.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, masterhawk said:

Hi, yes depending on driver version and firmware there is no calibrate option in the gamecontroler window.

In P3Dv4 just use the sim calibration (be sure to include the rev range).

In P3Dv5 it should work without.

Be sure that in the controller window your throttle positions are indicated as expected. (In idle ~15-20%)

Check that you have set direct input in P3D.

If you have the virtual buttons activated, remove their default assigning by sim. For me TOGA left button was assigned to view change. Others are assigned by default to gear, flap, ...

Masterhawk,

I have the same problem with my new Thrustmaster Capt. Pack!

I reset to default and reset the P3D v4.5 Control file but I still get view on TOGA position with the throttles, like you did!

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks.

Ansett

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Ansett said:

Masterhawk,

I have the say problem with my new Thrustmaster Capt. Pack!

I reset to default and reset the P3D v4.5 Control xml. file but I still get view on TOGA position with the throttles, like you did!

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks.

Ansett

Select the device in the key assignment menu and check for ever assigned button. Remove the ones, you don't need/like.

Thanks, I will take another look in key assignments for each device!

I couldn’t see any buttons assigned to view or look,  yesterday!

I will get back to you, soon!

Many thanks.

Graham

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 1/18/2022 at 8:06 PM, Ansett said:

I couldn’t find any assigned key/button causing the problem!

I will keep trying!

Thanks.

Graham

You can also try to disable the virtual buttons in the TM config.

Archived