TCA Support for the Aerosoft busses and update schedule

Secondator

Yes, I have Airbus updated. But the same story is with the PMDG planes. So it's something with the driver. Or maybe some Windows 10 configuration and other drivers/settings influence on this. 

For me it's suspicious that even the window with the configuration of TCA looks bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I made another try. I uninstalled drivers, unplugged devices, restarted computer, installed drivers, restarted computer, plugged devices, launched P3D and in calibration I used "removed calibration". And what - it worked perfectly again. I made full flight, reverses works fine, all was fine. Today, I launched P3D and guess what. Problem with thrust levers appeared again. I don't know what to do and it really makes me angry. Anyone has any idea how to solve 

Hi, thanks for your help. That didn't work, but I received quick help form Thrustmaster support and this time it helped. It works that way:

1. First, please disconnect your Quadrant from the PC
2. Next, uninstall all Thrustmaster Drivers
3. Then reconnect the Quadrant
4. Then go to the game control panel by typing joy.cpl in your start search.
5. Click on properties, then go to the Settings Tab and click on Reset to defaul t(see pdf)
6. Disconnect the Quadrant
7. Download and install the Thrustmaster Drivers and update the firmware following the instructions.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/

8. Test your unit in the Game control panel.

And it works now perfectly :) Now I can enjoy flying my Airbus with Thrustmaster sidestick and throttles :)

The only one strange thing but it's most probably connected with something between P3D and Airbus. When I land and use reverses physical devices works with the one in simulator, so the thrust levers are in first moment at the end of yellow zone, but after the while the move up to the almost middle of yellow zone (of reverses). The problem is that reverses do not turn on, so I need to press F2 on the keyboard to use reverses. This is last problem I have and maybe someone knows the solution? 

I was to quick with the happiness. So it looks the problem with the device itself is solved and now the calibration is proper (so idle is on idle, CL on CL, reverses on reverses side, etc.). The problem starts in P3d itself. 
It looks I have again the same problem so idle position in sim is only when I move levers physically on the device into full reverse. CL levers position in sim are when I move levers in he physical device approx.. 10-15% above the CL. 
All the axis and buttons are assigned and work as should and described in manual. But the levers are not. Any ideas how to solve it? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, Marekm said:

I was to quick with the happiness. So it looks the problem with the device itself is solved and now the calibration is proper (so idle is on idle, CL on CL, reverses on reverses side, etc.). The problem starts in P3d itself. 
It looks I have again the same problem so idle position in sim is only when I move levers physically on the device into full reverse. CL levers position in sim are when I move levers in he physical device approx.. 10-15% above the CL. 
All the axis and buttons are assigned and work as should and described in manual. But the levers are not. Any ideas how to solve it? 

You checked the corresponding setting in the configurator of the Airbus?

Hallo guys,

Maybe could be useful for you.

I solved ticking direct input in the P3D 4 and 5 control other menu as per photo attached.

happy and safe new year

Lorenzo

Please login to display this image.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:36 PM, masterhawk said:

You checked the corresponding setting in the configurator of the Airbus?

Maybe I missing something, but in the configurator I can check only TCA support and leave unchecked stick support, right? If ye, I did it. 
By the way, I move from P3d v4 to v5. The same result. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Marekm said:

Maybe I missing something, but in the configurator I can check only TCA support and leave unchecked stick support, right? If ye, I did it. 
By the way, I move from P3d v4 to v5. The same result. 

Yes, correct setting.

OK, So I think I made it finally. Let me gather entire solution here for all users: 

First of all if your Quadrant doesn't look proper in settings in general (no only in the sim) try this solution, that in my case solved the issue and device was calibrated properly after this treatment. 

1. First, please disconnect your Quadrant from the PC
2. Next, uninstall all Thrustmaster Drivers
3. Then reconnect the Quadrant
4. Then go to the game control panel by typing joy.cpl in your start search.
5. Click on properties, then go to the Settings Tab and click on Reset to defaul t(see pdf)
6. Disconnect the Quadrant
7. Download and install the Thrustmaster Drivers and update the firmware following the instructions.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-en/

8. Test your unit in the Game control panel.

However I still had an issue with calibration of the device in the sim. So the solution is as follows: In fact this something what is mentioned in A320 manuals for P3dV5 but I didn't find it in the manuals for V4. 
And it's one small adjustment I did. You need to find this: P3Dv5 Addons > Airbus A320-321 PRO> Data and in this folder you will find a file called AB_ND_GDI.ini
You need to edit it and in my case the only thing I did it was change this useCustomThrottleParameter=0 into this: useCustomThrottleParameter=1 and all works as it should :)

[THROTTLE]
useCustomThrottleParameter=1
Eng1_TOGA_MIN=14000
Eng1_FLXMCT_MIN=3000
Eng1_CL_MIN=-1000
Eng1_IDLE_MAX=-7000
Eng1_IDLE_MIN=-11000
Eng1_IDLEREV_MIN=-14000
Eng1_FULLREV_MAX=-16000
Eng2_TOGA_MIN=14000
Eng2_FLXMCT_MIN=3000
Eng2_CL_MIN=-1000
Eng2_IDLE_MAX=-7000
Eng2_IDLE_MIN=-11000
Eng2_IDLEREV_MIN=-14000
Eng2_FULLREV_MAX=-16000

Have a good flying :) 

Good morning,

Can someone give more info when the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Add-On will be available?

I have asked a week ago by Thrustmaster self but till now no proper answer from them.

Thanks and stay health.......

Ive received my TCA Quadrant Add-On today and almost everything is working to my satisfaction. Only the flaps are not quite in sync with the Airbus. Flap positions are very jumpy and skip certain positions, i.e. it jumps from positon 1 straight to 3 when I move it to position 2. Ive played around with my P3Dv5.1 calibration settings and I could only improve it slightly. Still very jumpy between positions 1 and 3.

Hi there, I got my quadrant addons yesterday and wondering if there is documentation on to setup the buttons. Similar to what is in the manual for the quadrant. For now I am using FSUIPC ut do not have full features for everything. For example the Autobrake. SPAD also doesn't offer any setting options for the addon

Thank you,

Mike

Ive managed to get it working (more or less) in FSUIPC. Still not as smooth as it should be, just have to be carefull when moving the flap lever. Sometimes it will still jump or not move at all (from 1 to 2 for example).

I set up the other buttons (Parking Brake, Gear, Autobrake, Rudder Trim) using LINDA and those all work fine.
Ive mapped button number 5 (the button left of the crank position) to arm spoilers.

The spoilers work perfect using P3D settings.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, Brittanix said:

Thank you for the reply and the details. Will try LINDA, meantime got a reply from Thrustmaster to my issue (that I already fixed), which was that after performing a calibration to the quadrant the addon stopped working. Reading thru the internet came accross someone's post suggesting the move the flaps and spoilers levers at the same time with throttles when calibrating. That fixed the issue. Thrustmaster send me a document about the calibration procedure when addon attached. Did not have a chance to try to see if the flaps issue could be fixed thru calibration, but I am sharing it and maybe this will help. Again did not tried it yet. 

Cheers,

Mike

TCA Quadrant and AddOn _ Calibration Process.pdf

24 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Gents...for the flaps we need to adjust our code. It will take some time. So please, be patient.

Speaking of code, can you confirm that the throttle parameter 'tweaking/fine tuning' procedure does not apply for the TM Quadrant?

Please login to display this image.

THRUSTMASTER TCA CONTROLS.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs
27 minutes ago, AVFC said:

Speaking of code, can you confirm that the throttle parameter 'tweaking/fine tuning' procedure does not apply for the TM Quadrant?

THRUSTMASTER TCA CONTROLS.pdf 202.39 kB · 2 downloads

That section is for custom changes of the throttle axis if someone is using moded detends for the TM TCA Quadrant that match more IRL positions.

It has nothing to do with the Flaps lever.

Hi Guys, anyone experiencing high idle for A330 after upgrading to ver 10.4.2? A318, 319, 320 and 321 functioning correctly as before. 

Only the A330 exhibiting this and only after the update.

Any feedback greatly appreciated,

Mike

No worries, I figured out. The update disables the TCA support in the configurator. Once checked again everything running fine. Curios though that it did it for the A330 only and not for the other ones.

Thx,

Mike

Archived