TCA Support for the Aerosoft busses and update schedule

Secondator

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, HB-JHM said:

does it works with A330?

Yes, there is full support for both the TCA stick and the throttle quadrant with both Smaller busses and the A330.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs
40 minutes ago, HB-JHM said:

Thanks, for example on the FsLabs it works perfectly but with the AS330 it does not. 

Is there something that I have to check first? configuartion?

Yes, as documented in vol1 (last pages).

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased the TCS FO pack.  Configured P3d (5.1HF1)  per the Vol1 documentation.  Throttle works great! The stick no so much - no control surface movement.  When I look at the ECAM I see no deflections in F/CTL and the rudder shows left hard over but the on the PFD the white cross moves correspondingly along with the stick animation. Both engines are on (as is the APU) and HYD looks good.

I am seeing similar results using the 318/19, 320/21 (1.4.1.2) and the 330 (1.0.3.2) . Other aircraft seem to work fine including the AS CRJ , PMDG 737,747,777 Capt Sim 757-67 and default aircraft.

I have tried to map using the recommended settings as well as mapping through SPAD (after deleting the other setting deleted) with the same results.

Mathijs, totally agree that the hardware linking is a function of the sim. What I don't understand is why all of my other 3rd party developer aircraft function fine - including the Aerosoft CRJ. 
I did a full uninstall of the 318/19/20/21 and 330 along with a complete reinstall and all seems to work now.

Hi Mathijs,

I have tried uninstalling Aerosoft A330, TCA drivers and reinstalling them. I configured the setting as mentioned in the manual. I still cannot get the throttle work properly. The throttle just cannot stay in reverse position. I tried removing the throttle USB and get into the game. No matter I use the page down key or the F2 key, I cannot put the throttle stay at the full reverse position. It keeps going back to idle once I release the F2 key. Any idea with that? The TCA works very well with other aircrafts like fslabs. I just cannot use it properly with your A330.

btw, I tried pressing control + cap lock as mentioned in previous threads. But nothing comes up and I could not come across the calibration procedure listed in your manual. I m using P3Dv4.5 and I am not sure if it is my own problem or not.

Thank you in advance for your help.

For me reverse thrust is also not working. The first picture shows the levers in the idle position, the second one in full reverse. Since the last update it is not possible to get the levers in idle or reverse. There is a constant amount of thrust even if I pull them back completely.

Please login to display this image.

I really do not know what I am doing wrong. But it seems like many others do also still experience some problems.

• Deputy Sheriffs
59 minutes ago, luko0211 said:

For me reverse thrust is also not working. The first picture shows the levers in the idle position, the second one in full reverse. Since the last update it is not possible to get the levers in idle or reverse. There is a constant amount of thrust even if I pull them back completely.

I really do not know what I am doing wrong. But it seems like many others do also still experience some problems.

That indicates a driver issue.
Please fully uninstall the driver disconnect and reinstall the drivers.
If that doesn't help, you have to contact TM Support.

It should look like this:

5 hours ago, luko0211 said:

Im getting this same issue, idle on the quadrant is around 10 percent in sim and using the quadrant its impossible to go into reverse thrust

vor 13 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

That indicates a driver issue.
Please fully uninstall the driver disconnect and reinstall the drivers.
If that doesn't help, you have to contact TM Support.

Unfortunately it does not work. Seems like I have to contact them.

vor 8 Stunden , man/563 sagte:

Im getting this same issue, idle on the quadrant is around 10 percent in sim and using the quadrant its impossible to go into reverse thrust

In the section for the TCA in the MSFS forum there are also many who have this. I am a bit surprised no one comes up with a solution. I could not use the quadrant for a single normal flight yet although I got it on release day.

• Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, luko0211 said:

Unfortunately it does not work. Seems like I have to contact them.

In the section for the TCA in the MSFS forum there are also many who have this. I am a bit surprised no one comes up with a solution. I could not use the quadrant for a single normal flight yet although I got it on release day.

Problem is the hardware/driver in this case and not all have this Problem.

As long as it doesn’t indicate correct in windows, it will not work in any sim.

vor 33 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Problem is the hardware/driver in this case and not all have this Problem.

I never said all have it. Just that many seem to have it.

vor 33 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

As long as it doesn’t indicate correct in windows, it will not work in any sim.

Yes, but initially I had other problems with the previous driver version and there was a lack of support by adons (for P3D) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (which both luckily got more or less fixed). But as this problem remained I spent a lot of time trying to find the issue on my side. However, I was not able to find it and as others are also still reporting issues I wrote my post.

Never mind, I contacted Thrustmaster's support and hope they can help me next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I got a little problem with the TCA Quadrant. When doing a flight of approx. 30min of flight time, everything works fine. But when doing a longer flight(just tested it out with MUC-BER around 50min), the reverse thrust won't engage. When pressing F2 once, I am able to select the reverse thrust with the quadrant normally.  Any recommendations how to fix that or does anybody have the same problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, Chun Yiu Tsui said:

HI as thrustmaster has announced preorder date for tca throttle add-on, will u guys make an update on a330 to support it thanks 

We have already released an update that brought full support to the Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant. It's included on both the Stable and the Experimental versions available through the Aerosoft Updater.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Secondator said:

We have already released an update that brought full support to the Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant. It's included on both the Stable and the Experimental versions available through the Aerosoft Updater.

I think he is reffering to the FLAP and Speedbrake addon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same issue as some other guys here, so I can't calibrate the device. 
I used all the methods described here = no result. 

I wrote to Thrustmaster support, but let's say it wasn't helpful. 

The issue is that when physical throttle is on idle it shows like on the picture and the same in the sim. When I first time move the throttle to TOGA it changes also the view from cockpit to outside view. 

I was able to use it once properly when I tried the advice of one of the members here to remove calibration. But it helped only once but then I have idle on idle position and reverses as reverse. 

Can someone help me? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Regarding calibration Problem...I have no idea.

Changing view...you have the virtual buttons enabled....so every detend has a button. Crosscheck the button asignments in the P3D setup.

22 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Regarding calibration Problem...I have no idea.

Changing view...you have the virtual buttons enabled....so every detend has a button. Crosscheck the button asignments in the P3D setup.

Thanks for view change :)

Regarding the calibration. As I wrote I was able to use the throttle once as it should be. Idle was on Idle position, then I take off, I landed smoothly, reduced power to idle, then used reversers and was great. I was happy that it will be working great, but when I started sim next day everything was as previously not correct. 

I wonder what it might be? If you look on the screen I attached you see that even this screens is not displayed properly. Maybe someone has similar issue and worked it out? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Helmut Brandt said:

Have you possibly made an Airbus update?
if so, check in the Configurator whether the TCA is ticked.

That shouldn’t have any influence how the TM driver is indicating the lever position in the windows control panel.

Archived