P3dV4 Troubleshooting....had to delete ProgramData

airlnkr

My P3d was not loading correctly and as I followed he steps that LM has you go through and do the following:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Obviously this deleted my add-on.cfg file so I can no longer see any of my aerosoft products. Is there a simple fix for this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

You do not only see your Aerosoft add-ons anymore, you see no add-ons from any manufacturer anymore ;) 

Well, a re-install of the add-ons will bring them back.

11 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

You do not only see your Aerosoft add-ons anymore, you see no add-ons from any manufacturer anymore ;) 

Well, a re-install of the add-ons will bring them back.

Seems like a long tedious process...when i reloaded P3d it gave me permission to ask if i wanted to use all my addons except any Aerosoft ones...why was Aerosoft the only one excluded

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/21/2020 at 5:38 PM, airlnkr said:

Seems like a long tedious process...when i reloaded P3d it gave me permission to ask if i wanted to use all my addons except any Aerosoft ones...why was Aerosoft the only one excluded

If all other addons had been installed in the documents\prepar3dv4 addons folder, the sim will find there the xml and add them to the cfg.

Aerosoft don’t place the xml there, but follow the sdk guideline.

Therefor these xml are registered direct in the second cfg file. If that one is gone....reinstall. Some scenery might have a button register in the configurator.

Archived