We need to talk about the A330s wingflex

Hi,

like the title say, we need to talk a bit about the AS A330s wingflex. First of all thanks for finally including wingflex in an aerosoft airbus but in my (and probably others) opinion the wingflex is not not sufficient enough. When comparing pictures / videos of an A330-300 vs the AS rendition it becomes quite obvious that the wing does not bend / behave like the real one. Wingflex on the A330 is a very important part, a characteristic feature that in the current version is not completely implemented and should really be improved on. It would be a great thing to see that this beautiful aircraft gets some more love for the exterior and an even more accurate representation of it´s external appearance.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, blau340 said:

Hi,

like the title say, we need to talk a bit about the AS A330s wingflex. First of all thanks for finally including wingflex in an aerosoft airbus but in my (and probably others) opinion the wingflex is not not sufficient enough. When comparing pictures / videos of an A330-300 vs the AS rendition it becomes quite obvious that the wing does not bend / behave like the real one. Wingflex on the A330 is a very important part, a characteristic feature that in the current version is not completely implemented and should really be improved on. It would be a great thing to see that this beautiful aircraft gets some more love for the exterior and an even more accurate representation of it´s external appearance.

Hi, this topic was often discussed and is closed for Prepar3D. Maybe we look into it for MSFS.

But keep in mind, we think it’s ok.

It‘s hard to compare videos and pictures with the sim, as long as you don’t know the current loadfactor on the Wings. AoA, GW, rudder deflection, .... a lot variables.

I respect Aerosofts standpoint but when this topic was so often discussed already, the developer should start to think why that is and not stand it´s point just becuase they think it´s ok. Just saying.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If anyone can bring valid data. 
Technical structures/drawings, measurement results from wing stress tests, we will of course adapt it.

Even photos/videos with all required infos for loadfactor on the wing, AoA, GW, Wind...at the time the photo was done, we will check it.

All other is just it could be, in my opinion, maybe...nothing we can work with.

Sorry, but that is the truth.

Understandable but then the current wing flex is also just a "could be", right ?

To be clear, the least thing I want to is an argument here, I´m just referring to my personal experience with the A330 in the sim and in RL and also the community outside of the forums (where it is not that peaceful as here).

Since I´m not able to deliver any kind of structural drawings and stuff, I´m just going to gather some reference pictures from the aircraft in RL and from in the sim to compare (with correct camera angle etc.)

Archived