Load settings

Galgadosh

This might be a silly question, but I'm really new to flight sim so forgive me!

When starting a free flight in FSX with the A320, should I still enter the passenger, cargo and fuel weigh info through the menu in FSX itself, then duplicate that info in the right MCDU during setup... or set everything to 0 in the FSX menu and then enter my specific load details into the MCDU?

12 minutes ago, Galgadosh said:

This might be a silly question, but I'm really new to flight sim so forgive me!

When starting a free flight in FSX with the A320, should I still enter the passenger, cargo and fuel weigh info through the menu in FSX itself, then duplicate that info in the right MCDU during setup... or set everything to 0 in the FSX menu and then enter my specific load details into the MCDU?

Hey, welcome to the forum!  Awesome to have you here!

No sir, you don't want to mix FSX menu driven stuff and third party addons.  I haven't had FSX installed in a great many years (I've been on P3D) but I'm sure we provided a means to load the aircraft with PAX, Cargo and Fuel.  Have you checked the documentation?

Best wishes!

Thanks very much for your help!

Yeah I can load in pax, cargo and fuel in the right MCDU which serves as an options menu essentially.

I just didn't know if this directly affected the performance of the aircraft. 

So really I want to set the weights in the FSX menu to 0 and then just use the MCDU? Otherwise I'm essentially doubling everything.

Archived