Updating Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Aerosoft

We have seen that some customers are a bit confused about the update process of MFS. That is not very strange as it is a bit special. If you just do what is asked, you will not have problems. But it is good to understand.

MFS consist of three parts:

• The simulator itself:
    That is updated via the Microsoft Store application. It is generally a good idea to check for ANY update in the Microsoft Store Application but for MFS is it really important to keep any part that has XBox in the name fully up to date. If you bought via Steam, the simulator is updated via Steam.
  • The standard sim content, the basic scenery, the default aircraft:
    These are updated every time you start the simulator, just click 'update'. 
  • Additional content, add-ons that are released by 3rd parties (freeware and commercial) or my Microsoft, like the fantastic Japan
    This content is not installed automatically, you need to use the Content Manager (in game) to install it. When it is installed it will be automatically updated when there are updates. Content not installed via the Content Manager might need to be manually updated. how that is done depends on the developer. We do that via our Updater Tool.

We understand this is all rather new for many users (and admittedly there have been issues and still a few rough edges to sort out) but it is a rather clever system that will make sure your sim is always up to date. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

what should I do if I have done the Update from the Store and the Patch 1.10.7 in the wrong way? I updated first the Patch 1.10.7 in MSFS and then the update from the store.

What is the way to cancel this? I will update them i the correct way.

Now I have some problems with the A320neo. MDCU Display is black after starting and shows no data. Is this a result of the wrong way with the updates?

Best regards

Andreas Janssen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Andreas, please don't triple post. I closed one of your two in the general section as the other one has replies. No need to ask the same thing here.

For anyone tempted to reply to Andreas' question here, please reply instead to his other post in the non-pinned section.

Hello,

sorry for triple post and duble posting. I am not familiar to use posts at the forum.

What is the better way for an apply to a problem?

create a new post to the currency community?

or answer directly to a post?

my target was to receive an answer from the author of a post and from the community

best regards

Andreas Janssen

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Andreas Janssen said:

What is the better way for an apply to a problem?

Where and how you posted in the topic below is fine. It's much appreciated to post when your problem is resolved and even better, as you did there, to add what did it. Thanks for that.

For future issues, please see the advice in this post:

• 1 month later...
On 13.10.2020 at 18:45, Mathijs Kok sagte:
  • Additional content, add-ons that are released by 3rd parties (freeware and commercial) or my Microsoft, like the fantastic Japan
    This content is not installed automatically, you need to use the Content Manager (in game) to install it. When it is installed it will be automatically updated when there are updates. Content not installed via the Content Manager might need to be manually updated. how that is done depends on the developer. We do that via our Updater Tool.

Just a short question regarding buying from the in-game MSFS store or directly from the 3rd-parties. Actually i see a great potential in the in-game store at least for us, the users. It's way easier to keep every add-on up to date than it was in other simulators. But i also understand that MS takes fees for that service and many 3rd parties wont hop on that train because they will make less money per sale in the in-game store. So i'm still not sure what i should do once the CRJ comes out.

If i buy it here (in the aerosoft shop) will i be able to update the add-on via the MSFS content-manager or do i have to use the AS-Updater? I just ask because i know that the CRJ will be also published in the in-game store and so maybe it is technically possible that items bought from outside the game can be linked to there corresponding in-game item?

• Deputy Sheriffs
54 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

If i buy it here (in the aerosoft shop) will i be able to update the add-on via the MSFS content-manager or do i have to use the AS-Updater?

Content you buy from outside the MSFS Marketplace can not be updated through the Marketplace. The Microsoft online shop (aka Marketplace) only updates content that was sold through it. In case of Aerosoft add-ons (you refer to the upcoming CRJ) you will get updates through the AS Updater.

On a personal note: this is maybe what you want anyway, as you will receive updates much faster then through the Marketplace. There you always have a reasonable delay between a release of an update of a 3rd party add-on and its availability through the Marketplace. MS was until now relatively slow in updating such content in their store (i.e. Marketplace) in the past.

Archived