Airbus Professional bundle A318/319/320/321 issue after issue.

Hi Guys,

I purchased the said plane 3 days ago and i am experiencing so many issues with it,

first issue is that i cant verify take off speeds even after following the tuturial,i do have 

another post open in flight model regarding that issue.

Second issue is that the cockpit lighting is so dull i can not make out the overhead panel

during darkness,all lights are in the on position but its still so dark,which makes a night time

flight near impossible.My Graphics card is a GTX1060 6GB.

After all the above problems i decided to try a complete uninstall,re download the plane and start

again but no even that wont work when i try to uninstall the planes i get the message that the uninstall

file is missing.

I spent 70 Euros on these planes not 3 days ago and i am yet to complete a single flight.

P3dv4.5(upto date)

Looking for some help if anyone could.

With Thanks 

Gary Jones.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gary, let me ask a few question:

1. which exact version of P3Dv4.5 with which hotfix level do you have installed?

2. Are you on the latest version of the Airbus? Minor updates are done via the ASUpdater. Please check which version of the Airbus the Asupdater is reporting.

3. Do you have Dynamic Lighting activated in P3D?

4. Are you using any shader tools?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply much appreciated,i am totally new to P3dv4 only puchased

it on Saturday and the said planes on Sunday,yet to complete a flight due to the 

issues.

P3dv4.5.14.34698 as i said purchased on Sunday so should be the latest.

Airbus is the latest version v1310.

Yes Dynamic lighting is activated but also tried it with it off,makes no difference

to the lack of VC lighting.

No shader tools used(i wouldnt how to use them anyway).

With Thanks

Gary Jones.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm, do you have the Reallight.dll in the ...\Prepar3Dv4\gauges folder?

By turned on, you talk about fully  rotating the switches clockwise in regard to the integral lights?

Hi Bob,

Can confirm i have a reallight file with shaders inside and a reallight.dll in the P3D

gauges folder.All the VC lighting is turned on to the max(switches and knobs) but 

the lighting is terrible the overhead panel,well i cant see a single switch on it,complete

darkness.

Gary.

Found the problem to regarding the VC lighting,if i start the aircraft

from any state,turn around or ready to taxi the lighting works fine,

but if i start the aircraft from cold and dark the lights will not illuminate

panels in the cockpit,all lights buttons and knobs where in the max position in the screenshot.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, what’s your install path for the addon?

It looks like a known problem with the max length of the file path. 
P3D limits to ~256 characters. So some textures might not be loaded.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4,is the path.

Just done a test with all the Airbus variants and if you set 

cold and dark as the start up state the VC lighting will not

work correctly,all other start up states no issues at all with

the VC lighting.

Gary.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And it's not recommended to install the addon into the sim itself.
Choose a different path during intall of the addon. Something like D:\P3DAddons\Aerosoft

And also don't install the sim into C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
Choose there also a different path outside C:\Program Files like C:\Prepar3D v4 for example

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, that's the default path for first time using a aerosoft installer. Later it will remeber the last used custom path.
Please reinstall the sim and the addon. Then the problems should be solved.

Hi Mathijs,

Just like the screenshot i posted earlier in this topic,you can see the EXT power

is contected the dome lighting switch is on bright along wil all the other cockpit

lights,there is panel lighting on the glareshield and below but very dime,as i said earlier

this is only when the plane is started from the cold and dark state,all other start up states

are fine.

Gary.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gary,

Could you post a side by side comparison between state what you see when you start in cold and dark and when you start in other state. I know you posted already one from the cold and dark but if you could post side by side comparison I think it could give us a better lead on this.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, firstcaptainjones said:

Hi Mathijs,

Just like the screenshot i posted earlier in this topic,you can see the EXT power

is contected the dome lighting switch is on bright along wil all the other cockpit

lights,there is panel lighting on the glareshield and below but very dime,as i said earlier

this is only when the plane is started from the cold and dark state,all other start up states

are fine.

Gary.

I rechecked your screenshot. Have you turned the INTEG LT really on?? This switch is in off position.

Please login to display this image.

Archived