CRJ Home Cockpit - and a request...

Hi Hans,

First of all this is my first post on this forum  - wanted to reach out and say thanks for making such an awesome aircraft.  You and the Aerosoft team do amazing work.  I decided a while back to build my home cockpit around the CRJ.  Thought I would post some pics up.

I know you guys are busy with MSFS now, but I do hope the P3D CRJ continues to be supported and I have one favor to ask - can you please make a 2D pop-out of the RTU screen ( no bezel ) or show me how to do it?  It is literally the only thing missing in my sim now!!

If your ever in Arizona beers are on me!

Please login to display this image.

Holy sh*t. This looks so good! How did you source those parts? Is there a CAE facility with an FO-only sim now? Lol

If you're ok with it, I'm gonna send those photos to my chief pilot - training and share the wow. 

Hi A-pilot,

Thanks for the comment, very funny!.  I did get a hold of some real panels and a seat off ebay, but everything else I pretty much made myself.  The panels I didn't have are filled with Hispapanels replica's. He sells the entire CRJ set so not that difficult to get a home cockpit going.  Difficult parts were the "korry" style switches, they took a lot of work, and modifying a CH yoke and Saitek throttles and of course, wiring and soldering!

In fact modifying things is what took the longest, as no one really makes CRJ throttles or the bigger items on the sim. Some people "enjoy" that part, me, to be honest, I'd rather buy plug'n'play....lol

But yeah worth it in the end, fun to fly the regional airline stuff and always liked the CRJ series aircraft.   Feel free to share any pics.

Jonathan.

• 1 month later...

Congrats Jonathan, I know just by looking at it that you spent a lot of time one this one. It sure looks good :) Imagine the feedback you would get when you just post the 3rd picture with the caption "we're taking over" ^-^

Archived