realism of systems in A-330

dron960

Dear developers, please tell us how well developed are the systems in the A-330? I flew yesterday on the Moscow-tel Aviv route. Since from start to finish I launch the plane myself, without the help of 2 pilots, this time I forgot to turn on all 6 fuel pumps. I accidentally noticed this when I was halfway down the route. I haven't received any messages from the system about this. How can this happen in real life? At PMDG, I would not even be able to start the engines, but everything is normal here. Maybe you should work out the systems more realistically. I use P3Dv4.5.

With respect. Andrew

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Andrew,

It's possible on the real aircraft to start the engines even without fuel pumps running. The engines will simply suck fuel from the fuel tanks and should run normally at least on ground level and at lower altitudes. Only at higher altitudes where the outside pressure is lower the suction might not be enough for the engines to run normally anymore. High pressure fuel pumps are there to ensure that fuel is fed to the engines in all situations even at higher altitudes.

In the real aircraft you will receive some warnings on the ECAM if you forget to turn on the fuel pumps before engine start. But not all of the system warning have been simulated on the A330 and I think this is one of the missing ones. In normal operations where you would have the fuel pumps turned on before engine start, you would never see these warnings anyways. The main goal for us is to simulate the operations and indications during normal operations of the aircraft as long as everything is used by the checklist like they would be used in everyday flight environment. But I'll take a note of your feedback about these fuel pump warnings and see if there is anything we can do about this in the future. But right now I cannot promise anything.

• Aerosoft

We have seen the issue about the fuel pumps mentioned in two reviews of highly respected websites. Both times it caused us a serious drop in sales for 2 weeks. Even though I contacted the reviewer and webmasters, both sites were not willing to offer corrections. In fact both reviews are still online showing the reviewer simply does not understand the fuel system.  

Extremely frustrating. 

Archived