If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

Aerosoft Airport: Chania (for MFS)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there and thank for your interest!

The scenery is progressing well. It could have been a very close to release product, if this was just a conversion of the current P3D version. However, this will not be the case here. The target is to take advantage of some new features MSFS provides (i.e slopped runway that is already a fact), add some new objects and improve the existing ones to the best possible way. 

As an example, the following image is a part of the terminal before and after applying normal map (take a closer look to the squares that cover the building). The second one is not only more realistic but also even closer to the real building. 

comp0.thumb.jpg.0e8e13d4a8c9276e81ccdc8f59f7b2c1.jpg

Regards, 

-=Manwlo=-

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

As I mentioned in a previous post this will not be a simple conversion of P3D version to MSFS. As you have certainly noticed this is a totally new environment and of course a new platform for development. So, sometimes it needs a lot of trimming to achieve the desired outcome but it worth it in the end.

1595223847_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_01.24-01_22_31_36.thumb.png.36dbd5ad31f948f4bdce5ad1334bbc04.png

More to follow in a few days 🙂

-=Manwlo=-

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good day, 

As we are getting closer to the scenery release lets do a short tour and reveal some interesting spots:

camera.thumb.jpg.1c448d40ff8943a1904ab2f569e157d3.jpg

The airport is equipped with four different types of apron light poles that are not fully aligned as you can see. Some of them have cameras installed on top!

detail.thumb.jpg.867b1532e63840e55f2cb34544456be1.jpg

This plate indicates that there are 10.000 ft of runway left. Similar plates are present along the runway every 1000ft. Papi lights and the apron area are visible on the background.

1402200467_ilsinstall.thumb.jpg.95898f6abe01e62fa55aa54b0b0c9abf.jpg

The real airport is equipped with an ILS system which is not fully functional yet. However, ASOBO has included it's frequency to the default MSFS. We have added the 3d objects of it.

slope01.thumb.jpg.6782dba5ff45a54cbfe236a33e544321.jpg

The other antenna of the ILS is visible here along with the slopped runway.

parking.thumb.jpg.f135a928172db198053af97aca5c2344.jpg

Just outside the airport's parking area there is a row of palm trees.

vehicles.thumb.jpg.a71509e3d9637f9668d5d56e028de2d3.jpg

The newest vehicles of the apron. Pushback is a facility that became top priority after the new apron layout.

sign01.thumb.jpg.af84c9f6dc7de831141e0a78a7fbb295.jpg

sign02.thumb.jpg.bc17c81541386916feaf27c4766ded25.jpg

The airport has also been enhanced with taxi signs but only at the apron area. You will not find relevant signs on hold shorts, runway or taxiways.

reflection01.thumb.jpg.71c3f9388daf1a78f6b3e77fc2c8661e.jpg

Windows reflections of the sun are visible here. However, with a closer look you can also see a reflection of the mountains that are located to the south of the airport.

We also trimmed PBR and normal maps so that the concrete walls in front are rough and the tiles on terminal satin (like real life)  

reflection-path.thumb.jpg.08f5ad553a2db28f2e3d03717331daa1.jpg

Another addition to the apron layout. Walkways (five) in front of the terminal. Yes, the lines you can see are overlapping in real life.

surround01.thumb.jpg.b2894ff718071353312b5e6bdd1bfabf.jpg

surround02.thumb.jpg.ab7b36ebc2d1780b48810bff0e6538c7.jpg

The area west of the apron is full of custom buildings. Gas stations, small hangars, abandoned buildings and the first airport's terminal (not visible in the screenshots)

skloka.thumb.jpg.09e0091c97e8a3845a5bdba13afda3d0.jpg

Skloka mountain is the highest obstacle at the airport vicinity. The antenna on top of it is the most characteristic landmark of the area. Two more landmarks of this mountain have been added to the scenery.

night01.thumb.jpg.491d37964f3b0aaefc4bb5b40e07da13.jpg

night02.thumb.jpg.2d611d2ebf3b794baaecfdf4018d823a.jpg

Fully Custom dynamic lights have been added to the airport area for lighting purposes during night.

rain01.thumb.jpg.7ad5ee73f57dc63148221238274d0ce8.jpg

rain02.thumb.jpg.868fe8f718e7b452457267d403105138.jpg

After the rain...

Before closing this post, a panoramic view of the airport in two screenshots.

pano01.thumb.jpg.8b90a8f279770cdff08fcf747e661077.jpg

pano02.thumb.jpg.1f60682613d4106163da2ffdf3daae52.jpg

Regards, 

-=Manwlo=-

night03.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

waving flags are nice but I want to fly to Chania. I was waiting because I really like your quality but I really hope that the Airport is for sale really soon and I have not to to use another vendor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Superzolli said:

waving flags are nice but I want to fly to Chania. I was waiting because I really like your quality but I really hope that the Airport is for sale really soon and I have not to to use another vendor

+1  !!

In my opinion this scenery will be much better than the one from the other vendor. (we all know who that is)
1) This is not just a conversion. He is rebuilding the whole project to uutilise the full extent of MSFS.

2) The details will be much better that the scenery of the other vendor
3) You will be able to receive support if you have any issues no like the other vendor (tree on apron in LGRP)

4) You will receive updates for this scenery, again not like the other vendor.

I also cant wait for this scenery (my hometown airport) to release, I understand the developer who is taking his time to make it perfect.

Its also not very nice to try and pressure the developer to release a scenery. sceneries, liveries and etc take time to create and the creators may have other things more important to do.

• Thanks 1
On 2/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Superzolli said:

Hi there and thank you for your kind words.

Being a simmer myself since 1999 I totally understand your impatience. I do have the same impatience for other products of MSFS (i.e CRJ) and had that feeling many years for many FS and P3D addons. 

There are three fields that we take into consideration for this product.

Quality. What you can see in the first post of this thread is the simple conversion of P3D scenery to MSFS platform. We could have released it back then and make it the first LGSA scenery for MSFS ("good" idea for "temporary" competition) . It was an easy decision to make, that this should not have been the case. A simple direct conversion of a good P3D product ends to a fair MSFS product. There are MANY things to trim and make it better. This field is complete in this scenery (until SDK gives us even more capabilities -i.e custom runway lights)

Realism. This is not a thread to compare the products so I will just keep it to AEROSOFT LGSA. Since Chania is my motherland I can assure you that this is an extremely close representation of the airport (and the surrounding area regarding a few landmarks and vegetation density). Apron, buildings, signs, taxisigns, 3D objects, and many more inside the airport are present and represented like they are in real life. This field is also complete. 

Support.  Due to the updates of the platform there are sometime things that need to be re-build or trimmed. For example the last update caused some trees to appear inside the airport (we already took care of it). We need to make sure that the day of the release this will be a correct and with no bugs product. Of course we will keep supporting it if anything needs to be corrected after release (This is what we did with P3DV4 version and the autogen issue).

I would like to close by saying that we are very close to complete the scenery and send it for release. 

My personal opinion (which of course you can reject) is that it worth to wait (a little bit more) and see before you decide which produce you will choose 😉.  

-=Manwlo=-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, manwlo said:

Hi there and thank you for your kind words.

Being a simmer myself since 1999 I totally understand your impatience. I do have the same impatience for other products of MSFS (i.e CRJ) and had that feeling many years for many FS and P3D addons. 

There are three fields that we take into consideration for this product.

Quality. What you can see in the first post of this thread is the simple conversion of P3D scenery to MSFS platform. We could have released it back then and make it the first LGSA scenery for MSFS ("good" idea for "temporary" competition) . It was an easy decision to make, that this should not have been the case. A simple direct conversion of a good P3D product ends to a fair MSFS product. There are MANY things to trim and make it better. This field is complete in this scenery (until SDK gives us even more capabilities -i.e custom runway lights)

Realism. This is not a thread to compare the products so I will just keep it to AEROSOFT LGSA. Since Chania is my motherland I can assure you that this is an extremely close representation of the airport (and the surrounding area regarding a few landmarks and vegetation density). Apron, buildings, signs, taxisigns, 3D objects, and many more inside the airport are present and represented like they are in real life. This field is also complete. 

Support.  Due to the updates of the platform there are sometime things that need to be re-build or trimmed. For example the last update caused some trees to appear inside the airport (we already took care of it). We need to make sure that the day of the release this will be a correct and with no bugs product. Of course we will keep supporting it if anything needs to be corrected after release (This is what we did with P3DV4 version and the autogen issue).

I would like to close by saying that we are very close to complete the scenery and send it for release. 

My personal opinion (which of course you can reject) is that it worth to wait (a little bit more) and see before you decide which produce you will choose 😉.  

-=Manwlo=-

Thanks for that fantastic update Manwlo. I was already set on waiting for this product having seen the quality of some of Aerosoft’s sceneries for MSFS so far (imo the best of all). Having now heard that you come from Crete, it’s made me even more convinced because I know this is a product you really care about! I look forward to the release and hope you catch a well earned break :) 

• Like 1

thanks a lot for the detailed feedback.i will wait and buy "your Chania".  But I dont see my question as "not nice to put pressure on developers". This is normal for developers that "time versus quality versus price" is always a issue, especially with other competition on the market which steal market shares because they are faster on the market. Only reaction can be to provide higher quality and do some "pre-release-marketing" to keep people aware. And quality will be more and more important for people who pay money for a add-on.