If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg ... Released!

On 7.3.2021 at 01:46, Tibbo sagte:

The idea that Germans in Berlin have to connect in FRA or MUN to fly to the US isn't congruent with German efficiency.

It makes perfect sense if you ask me. Berlin has simply the disadvantage of being too far east. Frankfurt is more or less in the middle of the country and very easily reachable by train.

Berlin however is not. So I severly doubt that BER will ever become a hub for any major international airlines.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Release imminent!  

Friends, Aerosoft is a commercial company, our developers who use Aerosoft as publisher are commercial companies. We need to sell products to make money. If we do not sell products this forum will clo

Posted Images

vor 10 Stunden , Farlis sagte:

Berlin has simply the disadvantage of being too far east.

No, I can't agree. The travel doesn't go in west-direction only. Berlin can be a hub for people from Poland, Czech and others. Traveling to north or south is not more difficult than traveling from Frankfurt. I believe the main reason for this present situation will be the influence of some lobby.

• Like 2

I don't dare nearly to say it but I'm looking forward to EDDB in MSFS as much as I did to the CRJ and the writing error in the German announcement (Koeln-Bonn instead of Berlin-Brandenburg) inspires me for my first leg: EDDK-EDDB. ;) 

• Like 2

"One of the first add-ons to use the advanced new MSFS airport lighting system for taxiways with custom made models for this airport"

Could you pls explain, what are the major differences between the old and new airport lighting system?

Release Date has gone from product page. Either we weren’t supposed to know it or it was wrong. We will know later, probably ca. 16-17 hours CET.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, mhj said:

"One of the first add-ons to use the advanced new MSFS airport lighting system for taxiways with custom made models for this airport"

Could you pls explain, what are the major differences between the old and new airport lighting system?

In essence it's very similar to how effect lights worked in FSX (but those were usually far too heavy on performance to be used for all taxilights at a larger airport). It gives us developers control over the light color, intensity, direction, flash intervals etc. Plus the advantage of giving them more realistic visibility attributes. For example BER doesn't have almost infinitely visible taxilights like the default airports, which look like "a festival of blue" rather than an airport when flying over them at night - but rather something like this:

• Like 2
  • Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg ... Released!
  • Mathijs Kok locked and pinned this topic