Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg ... Released!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Release imminent!  

Friends, Aerosoft is a commercial company, our developers who use Aerosoft as publisher are commercial companies. We need to sell products to make money. If we do not sell products this forum will clo

Posted Images

I wouldn't implement her since you have to update the airport later this year. She's not coming back though.

Was the same problem with the Washington payware scenery with the orange-head in the oval office. Did lead to a very intense discussion on the reddit forums, when one suggested to get rid of him now (in the scenery of course!!).

9 hours ago, RogePete said:

I wouldn't implement her since you have to update the airport later this year. She's not coming back though.

Was the same problem with the Washington payware scenery with the orange-head in the oval office. Did lead to a very intense discussion on the reddit forums, when one suggested to get rid of him now (in the scenery of course!!).

Yeah that was actually a joke 😃. But it is true, I would prefer to keep politics out of these add-ones, I was really shocked when they have implemented the orange object in that washington scenery though 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 1/31/2021 at 2:45 PM, RogePete said:

They're actually replacing him haha. They've already shown the models on Instagram, but I have a feeling they're holding back as they also add a certain meme now :P

5 hours ago, Abriael said:

They're actually replacing him haha. They've already shown the models on Instagram, but I have a feeling they're holding back as they also add a certain meme now :P

Bernie's meme would be super epic! 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

quick question: will the interior be moddeled? especially the entrance hall with the already iconic red sculpture hanging from the ceiling in the new Terminal? 

Cheers! And thx in advance!

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, mhj said:

quick question: will the interior be moddeled? especially the entrance hall with the already iconic red sculpture hanging from the ceiling in the new Terminal?

Assuming you're referring to the checkin area of the main terminal, no, as it's not visible from airside. The airside parts of the terminal however have basic interior modelling (e.g. to have the sun properly shine "though" them around the corners).

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, when will be the release? It was first anounced back in october (!) last year. Still no transpatent communication of release in sight. Is there only one person working on that important airport?

Aerosoft released already stuff like Bonaire (?) but the long awaited BER for the core german community is leaking. So whats holding you back? Is the delay part of the realism?

Greetings from Berlin

• Like 1
Just now, Stephke Ra said:

Hi, when will be the release? It was first anounced back in october (!) last year. Still no transpatent communication of release in sight. Is there only one person working on that important airport?

Aerosoft released already stuff like Bonaire (?) but the long awaited BER for the core german community is leaking. So whats holding you back? Is the delay part of the realism?

Greetings from Berlin

Aerosoft never give release dates for most products as it's pretty much impossible. Aerosoft have multiple developers working on different projects, Bonaire has been created by a different dev to Brandenburg, also even though the product was announced in October, it's quite normal for a product to take this amount of time. I'm sure it will be released soon :) 

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, Stephke Ra said:

Greetings from Berlin

We have different teams, so the release of Bonaire has nothing to do with project. It is of course also of very different scales and will take a lot longer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Taxiway illumination based on the brand new MSFS airport lighting system.

This includes directional center lights, hold short lights, wigwags etc. All of them gently feathering out in the distance. :)

image.png

image.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Looks very nice, unfortunately the approach lights in MSFS are visible from 30 miles out, which is not quite realistc...

• Root Admin
36 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Looks very nice, unfortunately the approach lights in MSFS are visible from 30 miles out, which is not quite realistc...

Are you sure of that?

I was in an Alitalia MD80 cockpit, Milan-Amsterdam. December 1999 (I think). Super clear air, very very cold. I believe that daily flight was one of the very last to land. If I recall correct 23:55. So traffic was really slow and there was always a lot of chatter on the radio.

As we were over Antwerp the captain was speaking in fast Italian to the FO. I could not follow. But he was using a small set of binoculars and was pointing ahead. Then we looked back at me and said, "we are going to have some fun". 

He then talked to Schiphol approach (which I believe at that time of day was the same as tower) and said he weather was so nice he would prefer a straight in visual landing. He got cleared for that, no other traffic inbound and the faster he was on the ground the faster everybody got home. He then asked if he should report runway in sight.  Now that is a weird request, but tower said "sure, why not'. 

He then said "I have runway in sight".  And we just crossed Antwerp. Now this is way over 100 miles. So now wonder there was a serious pause before he got a "Say what?" reply.  In the end they switched of the runway lights and put them back on again and we could see that. So we could proof we had the runway in sight. And the captain got cleared for a visual while not even over Dutch airspace. Guy landed with full spoilers up and I think we were at 300 knots at 500 feet. Or so it felt. Everybody got home early. To make matters  more weird, at 0710 the next morning I was in the same aircraft flying back to Milan. 

Also over the Mediterranean I have seen some incredible distances. If there is no moisture in the air (because it is very cold or very dry), air can be very transparent.

• Like 5
vor 46 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Are you sure of that?

I was in an Alitalia MD80 cockpit, Milan-Amsterdam. December 1999 (I think). Super clear air, very very cold. I believe that daily flight was one of the very last to land. If I recall correct 23:55. So traffic was really slow and there was always a lot of chatter on the radio.

As we were over Antwerp the captain was speaking in fast Italian to the FO. I could not follow. But he was using a small set of binoculars and was pointing ahead. Then we looked back at me and said, "we are going to have some fun". 

He then talked to Schiphol approach (which I believe at that time of day was the same as tower) and said he weather was so nice he would prefer a straight in visual landing. He got cleared for that, no other traffic inbound and the faster he was on the ground the faster everybody got home. He then asked if he should report runway in sight.  Now that is a weird request, but tower said "sure, why not'. 

He then said "I have runway in sight".  And we just crossed Antwerp. Now this is way over 100 miles. So now wonder there was a serious pause before he got a "Say what?" reply.  In the end they switched of the runway lights and put them back on again and we could see that. So we could proof we had the runway in sight. And the captain got cleared for a visual while not even over Dutch airspace. Guy landed with full spoilers up and I think we were at 300 knots at 500 feet. Or so it felt. Everybody got home early. To make matters  more weird, at 0710 the next morning I was in the same aircraft flying back to Milan. 

Also over the Mediterranean I have seen some incredible distances. If there is no moisture in the air (because it is very cold or very dry), air can be very transparent.

Well let’s put it this way, in my 3000h as airline pilot I have never ever seen approach lights this far out, mostly they are obstructed by obstacles anyway, but generally they are visible from about 5NM I would say. It’s also of course depending on the conditions.

But as my flying career is over since a couple of years, maybe things have changed...😉

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure of that?

God, I love this story!

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure of that?

I hope stories like these keep coming

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 hours ago, SK10 said:

To clarify things a bit: The taxiway lights are based on the new system, which gives us a developer the possibility to fully control intensity and brightness. Indeed I reduced far distance visibility of the taxilights quite a bit because you usually can't see them too well on approach (if at all that is).

The runway lighting will stay as it is based on the MSFS visibility settings. This is also to ensure best compatibility with home/professional cockpit settings where it's not helping if every addon comes with its own brightness/hue intensity requirements... :)

I'd recommend to continue the "approach light intensity discussion" here in the MSFS forums, which is the best place to bring it to the MSFS developer's attention.

Actually hoping for pilot/weather/daytime controlled lighting for the future. That would be something really cool!

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 2
  • Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg ... Released!
  • Mathijs Kok locked and pinned this topic