Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg (for MSFS)

On 10/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, Er!k said:

Since BER will (finally) open on October 31st, it would be very nice to also have the virtual rendition available at that date to celebrate :) I don't know the status of development, would that even be possible or is it way too early?

There's no intention to make the new version available by that date. For the sole reason we want it to be as much up to date as possible by release date. Being ready for the 31st of October would mean we have a rendition that shows the status from weeks ago while we are still uncertain how many things will look like in detail when the airport is actually open.

Currently working on lots of new taxiways, aprons, new terminal building, government terminal while also visiting on-site again to see if more has changed again...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Flying_Timm said:

Don´t find any hint if the P3D version will also become up-to-date or not.

Timm, you've had this very same discussion a single page back arleady and got a clear answer. There's no need whatsoever to engage in the same discussion again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
On 10/27/2020 at 6:53 PM, Flying_Timm said:

Don´t find any hint if the P3D version will also become up-to-date or not.

Quick Answer: No, Nein. 

Friends, Aerosoft is a commercial company, our developers who use Aerosoft as publisher are commercial companies. We need to sell products to make money. If we do not sell products this forum will close. Basically Aerosoft does not have any preference, if you all decide to buy FS2004 (a sim that is 17 years old) add-ons we'll gladly sell you brand new FS2004 add-ons. 

The simply fact however is that SF2004 add-ons do not sell enough to make it worthwhile for developers to invest time on it (that said... https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156566-aerosoft-douglas-dc-8-fsx-updated-to-3000/) and to be honest investing money on P3d V5 add-ons has never been very profitable and even with the pretty good P3D 5.1 version (it really is good) it is still very hard to make money. 

Now to be perfectly clear, for projects where we have full control, you can blame us for decisions made, but fact is that for many products we sell what we get offered. These development teams see the same sales data as we see. They make their own decisions, when we agree we sell and support it, when we believe it makes no commercial sense, we will not sell it. Almost always you will be able to buy that product in other stores. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Flying_Timm said:

Somebody should rename the bot/account to down-vote all my comments ;)
It looks a bit strange.

That is called "private data protection" and has nothing to do with bots at all. You simply don't see who voted for you. Only the moderators and admins in the forum get this information to be able to respond to misusage of the voting feature.

• Like 1

Just to clarify things a little in terms of P3D (reminds me a bit to the endless "will there be a FS9 version" more than a decade ago... :) ):

This preview thread focuses on the MSFS version only.

Please understand that the moderators reserve the right to hide any further P3D comments in this thread so we can all focus on the MSFS version here (feel free to open your own thread in one of the other forums if you think there's a need for discussion).

It has not been decided yet if the changes will make it into the P3D version but there's a realistic tendency to saying that this is going to happen. In that case the P3D version will get its own preview thread.

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
vor 18 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

The overall and final answer is 42 ;)

Oh god, i'm seeing some crazy speculations incoming 🙈 what have you done Mopperle 🙈

Will it be 42 Days until release, 42 hours etc. 

18 minutes ago, Fabonymous said:

Oh god, i'm seeing some crazy speculations incoming 🙈 what have you done Mopperle 🙈

Will it be 42 Days until release, 42 hours etc. 

I guess you should read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.... urgently.

• Upvote 4

No fancy screenshots to show at this stage. I'm currently working on the updated ground layout (plus visual upgrades in general) because the airport has undergone heavy restructuring in the past years:

MSF_010.jpg

One of the new parking positions is #42 btw... ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Sasa said:

No fancy screenshots to show at this stage. I'm currently working on the updated ground layout (plus visual upgrades in general) because the airport has undergone heavy restructuring in the past years:

MSF_010.jpg

One of the new parking positions is #42 btw... ;)

Thanks for the update! I read that T5 (the old Schonefeld terminal) will close for at least a year... Will this be reflected in the scenery?

On 11/25/2020 at 6:38 PM, Er!k said:

Thanks for the update! I read that T5 (the old Schonefeld terminal) will close for at least a year... Will this be reflected in the scenery?

Has this been officially confirmed yet and if yes, do you have a source?

It only require updating the airline codes for the respective gate positions though. Visually it will still remain there I guess... :)

6 minutes ago, Sasa said:

Has this been officially confirmed yet and if yes, do you have a source?

It only require updating the airline codes for the respective gate positions though. Visually it will still remain there I guess... :)

Yes, true only block the aprking codes so aircraft won't park there. The article is here (in Dutch): Het voormalige Berlijn Schönefeld (nu BER T5) gaat dicht | Luchtvaartnieuws

• Thanks 1
On 6.11.2020 at 19:14, Tom A320 sagte:

That is called "private data protection" and has nothing to do with bots at all. You simply don't see who voted for you. Only the moderators and admins in the forum get this information to be able to respond to misusage of the voting feature.

Don't believe that online usernames regarding up- and downvotes falls under Data Protection. 

Anyway it's a bummer we won't get a P3D update, since I can imagine with the airport only recently starting operations many people will buy (or will already have bought) the P3D version of EDDB.

Especially since there currently is no aircraft to use for the scenery in MSFS (except for the default A32N but honestly, if you fly that you could also just fly default scenery to go with it). So P3D/XP is really the only way to use the scenery to it's fullest anyway right now.

So I can't imagine that a update for the P3D version consumes too much developing time, especially if you have the source files anyway which you use for MSFS, compiling them for P3D shouldn't be a lifetime's work, is it?

• Downvote 1
On 11/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, swaorx said:

Anyway it's a bummer we won't get a P3D update,

Repeating it again and again as a fact doesn't make it more true.

Again: This thread focuses on the MSFS version. As soon as there is a P3D version in the works, we will announce it separately.

• Upvote 1