Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg (for MSFS)

Preliminary feature List:
•    Year 2020 layout of taxiways, aprons, buildings etc.
•    Models using advanced MSFS techniques
•    Ground terrain using advanced MSFS techniques
•    Operable jetways
•    Custom aerial imagery covering the airport and immediate area
•    Landmark buildings and bridges in the vicinity of the airport
•    Realistic night time dynamic lighting

unnamed.png

unnamed (1).png

unnamed (2).png

unnamed (3).png

unnamed (4).png

unnamed (5).png

unnamed (6).png

unnamed (7).png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Berlin Brandenburg (for MSFS)
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends, Aerosoft is a commercial company, our developers who use Aerosoft as publisher are commercial companies. We need to sell products to make money. If we do not sell products this forum will clo

Preliminary feature List: •    Year 2020 layout of taxiways, aprons, buildings etc. •    Models using advanced MSFS techniques •    Ground terrain using advanced MSFS techniques •    Operable

There's no intention to make the new version available by that date. For the sole reason we want it to be as much up to date as possible by release date. Being ready for the 31st of October would mean

Posted Images

19 hours ago, eaim said:

Is there a discount if you already own the P3D version?

That is a very good question. We are not sure yet, it depends on how much work was needed to convert it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

How well does this co-exist with EDDT Berlin-Tegel Airport from Gaya? Although airport devs can generally ignore each other's efforts, it may be important for both of you in this particular case to be aware of issues customs of both airports may have.

• Downvote 1

As Tegel will not exist anymore in 4 weeks, why taking care about a non existing airport. And if a dev releases such an airport, he should take care that it is not conflicting with real world renditions. Not the other way round.

• Downvote 4
vor 17 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

And if a dev releases such an airport, he should take care that it is not conflicting with real world renditions. Not the other way round.

That's not logical: The first release of an airport, no matter what kind it is, should be careful and responsable for somebody who will release his content later? Even if it was unknown of developing/releasing such later coming airport at this time?!

Otto, everybody knows your point of view regarding Tegel; you meant this often enough, even in other forums. But please, be a little fair and objectiv: the second one has to care if another addon already exists, not vice versa ;).

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Der Merowinger said:

That's not logical: The first release of an airport, no matter what kind it is, should be careful and responsable for somebody who will release his content later? Even if it was unknown of developing/releasing such later coming airport at this time?!

Otto, everybody knows your point of view regarding Tegel; you meant this often enough, even in other forums. But please, be a little fair and objectiv: the second one has to care if another addon already exists, not vice versa ;).

Well, see it this way round: WHAT IF they start using Tegels ILS frequencies in BER? Should BER *not* use those frequencies then because there is a Tegel scenery around? That's the kind of issues Otto means.
Tegel will be closed in less than a month time, therefore if anything changes in real life that would create a conflict between TXL and BER, what should a BER developer do? Not implement it in order to not conflict with a non existing airport anymore?

I'm totally with Otto here, BER should be done to its real life specifications. If that creates conflicts with TXL, it's TXL's problem. That airport doens't exist anymore. Those who realistically want to fly to Berlin will fly to BER and there is no reason why they should not be provided with BER's real life components.

• Upvote 3

At the moment in real life both airports are coexisisting. Do they disturb each other with their frequencies?

Why should this creates conflicts in MSFS? By the way, in P3D4 both airports coexists too, without problems.

I stumbled about Ott's point of view that the developer of Tegel should be responsible for avoiding conflicts, only because Tegel will be outdated in the future. That's not logical for me; he was the first one. If a product is released already I think the second one should care. If I park my car already, no other can come and use my place at the same time; he has to care for another place, not matter if my car will be exisitng only three weeks yet.

24 minutes ago, Der Merowinger said:

At the moment in real life both airports are coexisisting.

No, they do not, as Schönefeld is only a half of future BER. And even DFS mentioned that running both airports in parallel is not possible.

And if car A uses a parking space which is assigned to car B from a certain point of time, car A has to leave and go "elsewhere". ;)

So if you want to use TXL after the switch to BER, no problem. But then you have to live with the fact, that there are no more real procedures for TXL and the procedures for BER will be different to those that are current for Schönefeld.

Not talking about problems with online flying.

But again, I have no problem when somebody uses a non existing airport (I myself used KaiTak for a while), but I do not agree that a dev has to take care about the compatibilty with a fictitious airport.

• Downvote 1

As long as they don't disturb each other (ingame of course) everything is fine :).

The issue that one addon doesn't want to coexist with another one which is already existing has a very long bad and ugly tradition. With the new MSFS there is a chance to avoid these things. I hope, developers are being carefully in future; especially if they are knowing that certain addons are out already. I won't buy addons in future where I have to start fiddling things like layers, priorities, meshes and so on again. In this sim a lot of stock airports are just too good designed for not using them.

It's easy: While both airports exist in real life they won't disturb each other in game.
Once TXL is closed in real life there will be no gurantee anymore that BER might not use any of TXL's frequencies, etc, so there will be no gurantee anymore that they'll work next to each other.

Yes Emi, you are right. But as far as I know there will be a little transition time after opening and before closing so that BER will have its own frequencies from the beginning. The frequencies of Tegel will be deleted, I suppose. But in game, it will last, (like Otto's VHHX and EDDI in Berlin too :)).

15 hours ago, Flying_Timm said:

MSFS only focus. Well done :(

Timm, the simple fact is that P3D add-ons are commercially very hard to sell at this moment and updates never bring in new money, they only cost money.

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1
vor 8 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Timm, the simple fact is that P3D add-ons are commercially very hard to sell at this moment and updates never bring in new money, they only cost money.

I fully understand on that point. You are a company and focussed on profit but Berlin is different than every other airport in the world at the moment.

You provide the scenery since many years, it has been updated to work for v5 but its now finally opening and you'll provide a up-to-date scenery to MSFS customers but not to P3D users. While the P3D version is outdated.

There will be no study level airplane addon out for MSFS within the next 12months for what we read and has been announced as Asobo pushed the release of MSFS and the SDK is far away of being completed. But devs still export their MSFS sceneries into X-Plane and P3D (Gaya, FlyTampa, ORBX) :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The situation in regards to MSFS vs P3D for airport makers is simple. MSFS scenery sells and P3D scenery no longer sells. The state of airliners in MSFS is completely irrelevant to that. These are companies with employees. They can't live in a fantasy land where they can continue to make products that won't even pay for themselves (let alone be profitable) just because a few people are still running an obsolete sim. It would be different if people were still actively purchasing P3D scenery (and perhaps they would if P3D 5 wasn't so broken). Aerosoft has the numbers. They know better than anyone on the planet what platforms consumers are spending their airport money on. They've made their logical choice accordingly. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Numbers are not the only figure counts ;) 

You can't even compare P3D with MSFS. They simply have another marketing budget behind. What really counts is the feedback of MSFS customers and I know a lot who already have deinstalled MSFS or not even updated it since 2 updates.

I do flight simulation since 2003 and my steam is showing 12hrs of playing time for MSFS. Why? Because its buggy on most of the points. It already starts at basic assignments for the controls. For the moment its a cool VFR simulator :) But nothing for "hard core"-simmers
Its buggy, basic stuff is missing like important landmarks and the sim wasn't even out for a week, the first addons came out to represent one of the busiest cities in the world instead of that its been default in sim.

However, I do understand the hype train of MSFS, I like the engine and the base which we have (by far the best and the future might be bright!) and more over: I love to see more and more airport addons coming out so in a year or so, when the first planes come out to really enjoy MSFS, we already have beautiful addons available :)  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Gents, this is not the thread nor even the forum for debating the merits of any sim over another. This thread is only about the work-in progress Brandenburg for MFS. Please, let's keep it to that. Further off-topic posts will be hidden from view. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Since BER will (finally) open on October 31st, it would be very nice to also have the virtual rendition available at that date to celebrate :) I don't know the status of development, would that even be possible or is it way too early?