Reinstalling EDDF v2.0 Cant Find MSFS

Jon_aus

This is FS2004 on a new install with Windows 10. My install is outside the x86 folder. And when I browse to my folder location, D:\FS2004, it can't find it 

Any help greatly appreciated as I love this scenery!

The install was moved from the old HDD. I used the flight1 registry as well. Other add-ons, payware or freeware, have no issues finding it. 
Not sure why this one can’t. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Jon_aus said:

FS9 is totally outdated product (17 years old). At that time there was only Windows XP and installation procedures were totally different. Addons could do nearly everything to get installed, copying/writing elsewhere without following security/installation guidelines. The installer of EDDF 2.0 is a modern peace of software (came with the FSX version) expecting certain things done correctly. If it doesnt get what it expects it simply doesnt work. And moving software by copying from A to B is a general the worst thing one can do. So either you have to live with the current situation or you just make a complete fresh install of your sim.

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, Jon_aus said:

The install was moved from the old HDD. I used the flight1 registry as well. Other add-ons, payware or freeware, have no issues finding it. 

Basically because we follow the complete guidelines from Microsoft about installing. In your case, where the product is not installed that leads to problems. 

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

FS9 is totally outdated product (17 years old). At that time there was only Windows XP and installation procedures were totally different. Addons could do nearly everything to get installed, copying/writing elsewhere without following security/installation guidelines. The installer of EDDF 2.0 is a modern peace of software (came with the FSX version) expecting certain things done correctly. If it doesnt get what it expects it simply doesnt work. And moving software by copying from A to B is a general the worst thing one can do. So either you have to live with the current situation or you just make a complete fresh install of your sim.

It is? Despite new add-ons being developed for it? And it STILL does most things better then all current sims including a working autopilot on default aircraft?  Sorry that I didn't stay 'current' using 'modern' sims like the only 15-year old FSX. 

So if 'doesn't get what it wants',  why make in installer to browse the PC for other locations? 

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Basically because we follow the complete guidelines from Microsoft about installing. In your case, where the product is not installed that leads to problems. 

Yes I also followed the VERY recommended guides by NOT installing it in the default x86 location. Which means the installer has been developed incorrectly to not follow recommended install locations. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
46 minutes ago, Jon_aus said:

Which means the installer has been developed incorrectly to not follow recommended install locations. 

Nonsens. The installer worked for thousands of users.

So dont blame others, when you are doing something wrong.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Jon_aus said:

It is? Despite new add-ons being developed for it?

Good chance you're confusing FS2004 aka "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight" with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (no dates in the formal name) aka MFS aka MFS2020 (informal but not really the name Microsoft uses). MFS is the one new add-ons are being developed for. The FS2004 development market is virtually dead and has been for some time. The only "new add-ons" that will work for it do so because the later FSX is on life support and does have limited new releases.

Also, you may not have the correct version of Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0. As you can see from the shop page link here, there's a specific version for FS2004 and a different version for FSX, FSX:SE and early versions of P3D.

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Good chance you're confusing FS2004 aka "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight" with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (no dates in the formal name) aka MFS aka MFS2020 (informal but not really the name Microsoft uses). MFS is the one new add-ons are being developed for. The FS2004 development market is virtually dead and has been for some time. The only "new add-ons" that will work for it do so because the later FSX is on life support and does have limited new releases.

Also, you may not have the correct version of Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0. As you can see from the shop page link here, there's a specific version for FS2004 and a different version for FSX, FSX:SE and early versions of P3D.

Ah no, i'm not. New add-ons have been released for FS9 - FS2004 - or whatever you like to call it.  

And I indeed have the correct version for FS2004. 

37 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Nonsens. The installer worked for thousands of users.

So dont blame others, when you are doing something wrong.

Sorry, not nonsense at al. Mathijs says the installers are made to ONLY install in the x86 default location. Despite EVERY recommendation of every simulator into W10 to install OUTSIDE that folder. So some strange reasoning. The aerosoft installer - despite having a browse option to find FS9 in  another folder - simply doesn't find it.  

You also said it was made to only find the default location. Despite it being recommended to install OUTSIDE the default location on W7 and W10. My previous installation for W7 was NOT in the default location yet ot found  FS9 ok.  Very strange. Maybe a W10 thing? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH you simply dont get it.

34 minutes ago, Jon_aus said:

Mathijs says the installers are made to ONLY install in the x86 default location.

He never said that. He only said that Aerosoft is following Microsoft guidlines which give the mentioned folder as default. And these recommendations for FS9 were made, when there was only Windows XP, neither Windows 7 nor Windows 10.

https://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-mega-airport-frankfurt-v2-fs2004.phtml

It says Windows 7,8,10. All recommendations were to install outside the default location. So the installers for this weren't made for that option? Even though it has a browse to a different folder option?  

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing Otto.

Only that the installers refuse to find FS2004 if its outside the default x86 folder. I'm guessing it will do the same for FSX/P3D AND the new MSFS and the installers wont find them either? 

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Jon_aus said:

Sorry, not nonsense at al. Mathijs says the installers are made to ONLY install in the x86 default location.

I did no such thing. You are confusing several issues. The simple fact is that your simulator is not correctly installed on your computer and therefore the installer fails. 

Archived