Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg - Updates?

scn_spotter

Hello,
as you might know, in a few weeks, finally, Berlin Brandenburg Airport aka. BER will be starting its operations. The Aerosoft Schonefeld scenery already includes most of the new terminals and aprons. However, some further changes, such as constructing new aprons or buildings, were made after the scenery was released few years ago. Right now, for the BER opening on 31st October, are you going to release any updates, finishing the final airport structures in the outdated scenery, or did you plan to manage it for the future?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mathijs, i don´t understand how you could even have little doubt, if it´s opens...tz.tz..

But anyway, an actual "revison" would be very appreciated for BER for P3D. As i have seen there will be an updated version for MSFS.   

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just bought the product (thanks for the promo) and I'm also curious if this will get an update. It feels a little "under construction" tbh. 
The airport certainly must have changed quite a bit by now (is there really still a big "AirBerlin logo on that building in the west?) as they were working constantly on this disaster.

It certainly would be very nice to have this updated in celebration of the grand opening :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, disco79stu said:

I actually just bought the product (thanks for the promo) and I'm also curious if this will get an update. It feels a little "under construction" tbh. 
The airport certainly must have changed quite a bit by now (is there really still a big "AirBerlin logo on that building in the west?) as they were working constantly on this disaster.

It certainly would be very nice to have this updated in celebration of the grand opening :)

There won’t be an update. Is mentioned in the linked MSFS topic.

vor 40 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

There won’t be an update. Is mentioned in the linked MSFS topic.

oh, I see. Sorry, didn‘t check because I don‘t own MSFS so I didn‘t expect a statement about P3D in a MSFS thread. 

I know this doesn’t matter to you but I have to say right now I feel a tiny bit disappointed. The promomotion is certainly linked to the real opening event, so I assumed it reflects the current airport or is an updated version. It maybe should have pointed out that this is a dated version that does not represent the current status of the opening airport. My fault I guess. 

I bought it also and assumed that it was up to date. In my opinion we are mislead by not mentioning that the airport is out of date and is not going to be updated.. It does not appear in the Aerosoft updater too! 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, krielkip said:

I bought it also and assumed that it was up to date. In my opinion we are mislead by not mentioning that the airport is out of date and is not going to be updated.. It does not appear in the Aerosoft updater too! 

The addon is from 2014...6 years old. Addons always represent the state of release. Then only bugfixing if required. Anything on top is not promised.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, krielkip said:

Can you point me to ANY add-on that promise top be kept up to date after it was released?

The simply fact is that margins on  these products is such that bugs are solved when possible but keeping it up to date over many years would simply mean a price that is seriously more serious. 

Glad I've searched for the status of the airport's up-to-date situation... I was just opening the webpage to buy it, and I'm seriously reconsidering in buying it or not. The disappointment towards Aerosoft is each time bigger...
Mathijs, "margins on  these products is such that bugs are solved when possible but keeping it up to date over many years would simply mean a price that is seriously more serious"  ? That's not a thing you say, it shows how little your company is interested in satisfying the needs of us, the flight simmers, the main source of your revenues. Luckily, other companies will be interested in Brandenburg...

• Administrator

You can find hundreds of Aerosoft published and developed products in the Aerosoft store. It is simply not possible to update every single add-on / product in case of changes.

If so, customers have to expect much higher prices to be break even.... and why? Here an example for Berlin-Brandenburg:
LimeSim and Aerosoft have to update Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg professional for P3DV4/V5

29Palms, Normann and Aerosoft have to update Mega Airport Berlin-Brandenburg for FSX/FSX:SE/P3DV2 and V3

29Palms, LimeSim, Stairport Sceneries and Aerosoft have to update Airport Berlin-Brandenburg XP for XPlane 11.

Furthermore a Microsoft Flight Simulator version is currently in development.
Now do it with hundreds of add-ons. I think the problem is obvious.

Greetings,

Marius

That is certainly true, and there are a lot of out of date products out there. Of course there are. And I wouldn't expect Aerosoft to keep an add on up to date or provide constant updates over several years. I have a company too, and I get that customer service and product support can only go so far. Even if it means to make some customers unhappy.

But taking a notable industry event and creating a huge ad-banner to sell a 6 year old product that is knowingly in part outdated is a bit questionable in my personal opinion. I just can't shake the feeling that I fell for it.
At least, for me as a customer the ad was misleading. Sure, in the end it is on me, maybe I should have checked the up-to-dateness of the product before. And maybe you can call it a  successful ad-campaign on your end, seen from a business side. 
But the money is not the issue here. I just wasn't expecting AS to advertise a 6 year old product like this. 

BR

8 hours ago, Marius Ellenbürger said:

You can find hundreds of Aerosoft published and developed products in the Aerosoft store. It is simply not possible to update every single add-on / product in case of changes.

If so, customers have to expect much higher prices to be break even.... and why? Here an example for Berlin-Brandenburg:
LimeSim and Aerosoft have to update Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg professional for P3DV4/V5

29Palms, Normann and Aerosoft have to update Mega Airport Berlin-Brandenburg for FSX/FSX:SE/P3DV2 and V3

29Palms, LimeSim, Stairport Sceneries and Aerosoft have to update Airport Berlin-Brandenburg XP for XPlane 11.

Furthermore a Microsoft Flight Simulator version is currently in development.
Now do it with hundreds of add-ons. I think the problem is obvious.

Greetings,

Marius

The question is why you still supporting dead platforms like the 32 bit if you a d others don’t stop supporting them then the sims will not evolve 

• Administrator
vor 9 Stunden , duartevieira sagte:

The question is why you still supporting dead platforms like the 32 bit if you a d others don’t stop supporting them then the sims will not evolve

We have answered this question quite often.

We love every simulator and just because of a new Simulator on the market, we don´t stop to give our customers the chance to upgrade their FSX or FS2004 with add-ons.

Furthermore I can guarantee you that this platform is not "dead". You would be surprised how many customers still use the FSX and FS9.

Of course not many FSX add-ons have been developed in the last two years, but that does not make a platform to a dead one.

I think that’s really a bit of a pitty & quite misleading advertising! However if Aerosoft is so concerned about money vs effort (in a time, where sales are probably on record highs, just assuming) you guys should at least consider a payed upgrade for a reasonable fee. Especially where you have all the required data on hand! (MSFS2020 VERSION)

cheers

One Bug I found is next to the wrong ILS Frequenz in P3Dv4 is also that B14 and B15 are combined to B14 see Picture so you can't use B15 with gsx

Please login to display this image.

Really interesting topic here!

I wrote with 29 Palms about one year ago if there are any plans on updating EDDB. The developer said, that they are currently not working on an update, it is planned to bring out an update with the real opening of the new airport. 

As I am now reading from Aerosoft that it is not planned to update the addon, I am asking if there is a misunderstanding between the developer and the publisher? If no, I don't understand the reason for the change of mind...

Source: https://www.29palms-forum.de/post/eddb-update-10271846 (The answer is in German but since I explained the content of the discussion before, I think it should be clear what the developer said)

Also, I never quite understood why the X-Plane 11 EDDB version is more up-to-date compared to the P3D Version, even though a professional version was released with P3Dv5.

• Administrator
vor 14 Minuten, Hannes Altmann sagte:

X-Plane 11 EDDB version is more up-to-date compared to the P3D Version, even though a professional version was released with P3Dv5.

Because it is still the same add-on, only that the add-on has been updated to make it compatible with V5.

vor 15 Minuten, Hannes Altmann sagte:

As I am now reading from Aerosoft that it is not planned to update the addon

30 min ago the product Mega Airport Berlin-Brandenburg professional received an update. I don´t have the changes here, but should be on the product website soon.

• Deputy Sheriffs
29 minutes ago, Hannes Altmann said:

I wrote with 29 Palms about one year ago if there are any plans on updating EDDB. The developer said, that they are currently not working on an update, it is planned to bring out an update with the real opening of the new airport. 

As I am now reading from Aerosoft that it is not planned to update the addon, I am asking if there is a misunderstanding between the developer and the publisher? If no, I don't understand the reason for the change of mind...

What happened between then and now is obvious: MSFS. So the priority of the developer just changed.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived