[P3D5] Hamburg Pro Configurator

han_solo2001

Schönen Nachmittag, 

Today I have purchased the new Simwings Hamburg Pro scenery on Simmarket.

Basically installed it into the same directory as all my previous Aerosoft purchases as seen below:

Please login to display this image.

Once the setup is completed, and Configurator launches, I receive following error:

Launching the sim it prompts me whether I want to have the scenery enabled.

Loaded the scenery and everything looks just fine.

And no. I did not follow the suggestion to install it into a different folder (yet).

Do not understand why a single scenery suddenly has problems with the product being installed into the Addons folder, when others including Aerosoft/Simwings sceneries installed fine.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for anyone`s input.

• Developer

The Folder you use is definitiv not designed for Addon's which use there own registation process, as P3D will register all addon's below this folder on its own and in different way.

If you keep this folder, you will gernerate double registration and you don't follow the SDK Roles.

This not for Hamburg only, all sim-wings products are wrong here.

Use a folder like C:\P3D-V5 Addons or any other drive with space, then the process will work correct.

You form is not supported, as it gernerates Support issues.

Mhmmm okay.

But just out of curiousity -  why did all other Aerosoft products install fine in the same directory, and all other Configurators that came with the each scenery, have no issues at all.

This installation method always worked fine in V4 and V5 with all sceneries, they have always been registered correctly, and I never had issues. Otherwise you‘d see more posts of me in here. 

Hamburg Pro was the first one to ever show this problem.

Just as a side note, I did not edit the installation path, it was suggested by the installer setup itself.

If this folder was or is in fact incorrect, it should tell the user during the setup, and not after finalizing the installation.

Meanwhile I followed the „advice“ of the configurator and used a different location, where PFPX is installed, and the configurator seems to work now.

Thanks for your shared insight, Oliver. Case closed. Dankeschön!

Archived