Airbus A320 Professional Brakes hanging on Issue

NaviSim101

Hi there,

I've been flying the A320 for a good while now and all was workng fine. However of late, like 2 days ago, with parking 

brakes off and releaseed the aircraft needs about 45% N1 to start it's taxi roll and when I reduce throttles to idle it soon comes to a stop.

On take off roll, cannot achieve Vref speeds, Max is just under 120nm. Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed. Downloaded

the latest version from Justflight but to no avail. I've loaded a default P3d aircraft and went back the Airbus but no joy. I have spent many

hours trying to solve this problem.  I loaded up PMDG's 777 and that rolls with just above idle throttle. So, I 'm out of clues as to what to 

do. Can anyone help please?

~Robbiemartyn

Hi. Thanks for your response.

I set N1 to 49% then plugged out my Warthog and Joystick and reset all axis keys to default and still the aircraft is barely moving.

This is a strange problem. I have disabled the brakes message at the bottom through the config file so I need to set that back on to see if the message

is up. Not quite sure where to go from here to be honest. 

• 3 months later...

I have a similar issue. Using FSX-SE with the A320. A few weeks ago A/C started to taxi with almost no thrust N1 30%. Even at idle the A/C moved along well once moving. Needed braking to maintain speed around 15-20 kts. Now I need 45% when near empty and 50% N1 with around 62 tonne TOW to move off. As soon as N1 is less than 40% the A/C comes to a stop within secs.

I am not sure what I have done, something has changed. Almost as if the brakes are indicating slightly on all the time (I don’t have pedals so the brakes should be on or off using a joystick button).

Happens at all airports. Not the end of the world, but if the throttle is left at 50% for a bit too long to get moving the taxi speed increases rapidly. Occasionally direction control is difficult as well. As if unequal thrust or unequal braking is being applied.

FSX has controllers disabled and most of the keyboard shortcuts deleted. I use a Saitek X52 with FSUIPC (paid) for the thrust and control axis. With separate buttons assigned in FSUIPC for brake and parking brake. Along with buttons for flaps etc.

Is there something to log or inspect in an log, ini or config file? That could indicate why the increase in N1 has occurred.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for forgetting about this post. I got sidetracked to something else. Thanks for you responses. Anyway, I managed to find out what the problem was. I had temporarily disabled the brakes message through the CFG file as I didn't want it to show up in my video tutorials.  I remembered what I did and enabled it again. So, the reason why the aircraft could not roll freely was - yep, you guessed it - brakes 'hanging on' or applied. I had to reverse the brake application through FSUIPC. Masterhawk you were on the right track. Once I did that, then everything was back to normal. It took one month to sort this lol.

~Robbiemartyn

Archived