Mega Airport Ben Gurion - Issues thread

ageva

Looked into the addon.xml, to my mind these are the modifications to be implemented. I've implemented that and all seems smooth (But i can have made errors :)):

By the way, this is why i'm waiting for the official one tomorrow (thanks for have brought LLBG in our sims!):

FIRST PART seems ok the Textures are inside Texture/Global and not Texture/Global/Textures

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>Texture\Global</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>

SECOND PART OK

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Autogen</Category>
    <Path>Autogen</Path>
    <Name>Component #1: Autogen</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>

THIRD PART OK

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
    <Name>Component #2: Effects</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>

FOURTH PART - ALIGNED PATH TO REAL FOLDER NAME (SCRIPT)

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>Script</Path>
    <Name>Component #3: Scripts</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>

FIFTH PART - THE ONLY ONE RELATED TO AUTOGEN

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>Autogen</Path>
    <Name>Component #1: Autogen</Name>
    <Layer>540</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>

SIX PART - TEL AVIV CITY OK

<AddOn.Component>
    <Path>TLV</Path>
    <Name>Tel Aviv City</Name>
    <Layer>541</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>

SEVENTH PART - SCENERY OK

<AddOn.Component>
    <Path>LLBG</Path>
    <Name>Ben-Gurion Int'l Airport</Name>
    <Layer>542</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>

add-on.xml

I have now fun. I use the Scenery in V5 and P3Dv4 so that i have in v4  now the funny Problem that all runway are now double. How can this be fix?

Please login to display this image.

vor 8 Stunden , David Rosenfeld sagte:

I did the check that some freeware jets, also moved the A321 B737 B747 from fsx 😐   and all works ok. some other  freeware doesn't! activate the VDGS.  of course all (not on my system) PMDG and QualityWings Ultimate Boeing 787. work nice 

can you please give me the lists of stands and type of aircraft will check again

David

I could not reproduce it today, now I got indication for all I checked. Sorry, don't know what went wrong yesterday.

So that leaves only Gate C8 with wrong indication (STOP already too far from final position)

11 hours ago, Mikealpha said:

Ok, I will do. In the meantime you might check the one I mentioned : "at some gates (e.g. C8) they indicate STOP already very far out from the final position."  Type of aircraft is FSLabs A320, it usually works fine with VDGS.

Interestingly, here one can see the VDGS at LLBG in action. Bit strange it was uploaded at "funny video", but doesn´t matter : https://funny-video-online.com/watch/o5z2m3q4p4v353f5n2c4j4.html

The video shows the old VDGS system, its already changed in LLBG

Hi,

GTX 1660TI, only in ben gurion and only in V5( i have it also in V4) i get this crash.

GPU MEMORY is at 4.1-4.7GB(very high BTW), my card has 5GB according to P3D V5

• Deputy Sheriffs
36 minutes ago, Shaked said:

Hi,

GTX 1660TI, only in ben gurion and only in V5( i have it also in V4) i get this crash.

5GB is very low for v5. You have to reduce your settings. Even people with a 8GB habe sometimes this error.
This addon might be call a lot because of the autogen. 

• Like 1

hi there thank you for this great scenery but theres alot of issues with the range of the jetways and them not waiting to work with the fs labs at least i have not tried with other aircraft yet ,gate b9 the jetway its there but not being recognised in the gsx menu when activating sode i get this message saying its  to close when its not same goes for b8/same goes for c9 / and e6g  it says its to low there probably more but i had no time to test any further can this be looked at please as it spoils the scenery thats the point of having the jetways and the vdgs its for the aircraft to dock in the right place  and the jetways to work thank you in advance 

for all who don't see the buildings next to the airport (autogen), after investigating, i think i have a direction.

i want you to try something (I personally can't as we are not experiencing the issue on P3D4).

if you noticed in the scenery layer you have 3 entries  LLBG (the airport) than Autogen component 1 and last is TLV.
the autogen is in between LLBG and TLV. i want you to bump it up, that it would be above LLBG airport and let me know is it solved the issue (like in my screenshot) .

also for testing proposes please bump the entire bundle to the top of the list

2 hours ago, Shaked said:

Hi,

can you show me please screenshot in graphic\world \scenery objects 

6 hours ago, Budy93 said:

I have now fun. I use the Scenery in V5 and P3Dv4 so that i have in v4  now the funny Problem that all runway are now double. How can this be fix?

the runway on the left side is not from my scenery you have double scenery

10 hours ago, Shaked said:

can you check if some other application is open in the background that influence graphic card  on   any way the V5 version has problem with low ram on graphic card  or try in the config.exe to use "no static aircraft" and in "Vehicle low capacity"

15 hours ago, duartevieira said:

hi there thank you for this great scenery but theres alot of issues with the range of the jetways and them not waiting to work with the fs labs at least i have not tried with other aircraft yet ,gate b9 the jetway its there but not being recognised in the gsx menu when activating sode i get this message saying its  to close when its not same goes for b8/same goes for c9 / and e6g  it says its to low there probably more but i had no time to test any further can this be looked at please as it spoils the scenery thats the point of having the jetways and the vdgs its for the aircraft to dock in the right place  and the jetways to work thank you in advance 

We will provide a new VDGS / GSX / AFCAD file in the next update

• Thanks 1

David and Amos,

Let me first thank you for bringing Ben Gurion back to our sim. Following the progress of  your scenery on Facebook for some time I was very happy that you finally finished this project. I bought your first LLBG for FS2004 nearly ten years ago and was always fond of Tel Aviv. The newest rendition looks very good and it is impressive how many features you have packed in this add-on. 

Hopefully you do not mind too much if I point out some points that could help to improve this airport even further:

1) The radar antenna next to RW26 seems far too tall . Maybe you could replace the model with the other one you have modeled? That smaller tower seems just perfect in size and shape to replace the antenna next to RW26

Reference: HERE

2) LLBG is an arid place. But some dry shrubs and grass next to the runways and taxiways would really help to bring this place to more life.
Reference: HERE and HERE 

3) Please plant some more autogen trees. The custom autogen buildings you added looks really good and captures the atmosphere of the airport. But it just needs a lot more trees on the aerial image. Particularly the area left of RW21 along with the airport perimeter looks at it could benefit from more trees. But this is true for the whole photo scenery.

Again a huge thank you for this airport and keep up the great work!

Christoph

• Like 1

I have a weird problem that I'm not entirely sure is related to the scenery, but I'm posting here in case someone else has it. I have simelite time zone fixer, but it's not working at Ben Gurion and Ben Gurion only.

16 hours ago, Matty21 said:

Is this update imminent or will there be a wait? 

Few more small fixes to come so finger crossed by Friday you all get the new version.

16 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

David and Amos,

Let me first thank you for bringing Ben Gurion back to our sim. Following the progress of  your scenery on Facebook for some time I was very happy that you finally finished this project. I bought your first LLBG for FS2004 nearly ten years ago and was always fond of Tel Aviv. The newest rendition looks very good and it is impressive how many features you have packed in this add-on. 

Hopefully you do not mind too much if I point out some points that could help to improve this airport even further:

1) The radar antenna next to RW26 seems far too tall . Maybe you could replace the model with the other one you have modeled? That smaller tower seems just perfect in size and shape to replace the antenna next to RW26

2) LLBG is an arid place. But some dry shrubs and grass next to the runways and taxiways would really help to bring this place to more life.
Reference: HERE and HERE 

3) Please plant some more autogen trees. The custom autogen buildings you added looks really good and captures the atmosphere of the airport. But it just needs a lot more trees on the aerial image. Particularly the area left of RW21 along with the airport perimeter looks at it could benefit from more trees. But this is true for the whole photo scenery.

Again a huge thank you for this airport and keep up the great work!

Christoph

Thanks Christoph for the feedback, much appreciated!

I will discuss it with David, number 1 can be fixed soon. 2 and 3 probably with version 1.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 22 Stunden , ageva sagte:

Thanks Christoph for the feedback, much appreciated!

I will discuss it with David, number 1 can be fixed soon. 2 and 3 probably with version 1.1

Thank you for considering to replace the radar antenna, Amos! It was probably very hard to get good reference photos with the security measures at LLBG. Thus, what David and you have achieved is outstanding and one can really feel the love that was put in the product.

And no hurry with the other points. Adding them with v1.1 or later would be totally fine. The scenery is nice as it is but just seems a bit unfinished and empty without trees, which is particularly noticeable when departing from RW26 or landing on RW21. And patches of grass and weed similar to David's LIMC would make taxing far more interesting with the added 3D effect. 

Lastly, I also found a small problem of texture bleeding on the blast pad of RW21:

Best wishes,
Christoph

On 10/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, Budy93 said:

Yes, there is such a problem in P3Dv4.5. At night,all runways have double lighting. Everything is normal during the day. There are no third-party scenarios.

For those who have a problem in P3Dv4.5 with dual runway lighting , there is a solution. You need to convert afkad LBG_ADE.bgl to P3D v 4 format using ADE. Until the respected authors fix this, it is still said about the scene that it should work in both versions of P3D

15 hours ago, dron960 said:

For those who have a problem in P3Dv4.5 with dual runway lighting , there is a solution. You need to convert afkad LBG_ADE.bgl to P3D v 4 format using ADE. Until the respected authors fix this, it is still said about the scene that it should work in both versions of P3D

Using 4.5 HF3 (which is the minimum required version!) I was unable to replicate the issue:
Please confirm you're using Prepare3D 4.5 HF3 (4.5.14.34698)

Thanks,

Amos

22 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Thank you for considering to replace the radar antenna, Amos! It was probably very hard to get good reference photos with the security measures at LLBG. Thus, what David and you have achieved is outstanding and one can really feel the love that was put in the product.

And no hurry with the other points. Adding them with v1.1 or later would be totally fine. The scenery is nice as it is but just seems a bit unfinished and empty without trees, which is particularly noticeable when departing from RW26 or landing on RW21. And patches of grass and weed similar to David's LIMC would make taxing far more interesting with the added 3D effect. 

Lastly, I also found a small problem of texture bleeding on the blast pad of RW21:

Best wishes,
Christoph

Thanks, added to the list :)

• Thanks 1