1.9.3 Checking Updates

• Deputy Sheriffs

I updated via MS Store and then started MSFS. In the opening screens I now got pictures of Japan e.g. the store update worked. But the problem started, when the window "Checking for Updates" opened. After several seconds the window closed and the sim started in version 1.8.3. I tried it several times but always with the same result e.g. the new update 1.9.3 was not detected resp. downloaded. What can I do to download the update? Thanks.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

After installing the Update via the MS Store, I started the MFS and the update went through, although it took a whole night to download the ~9GB, despite having a very fast internet connection. The whole update process is quite annoying.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have you tried via the Windows Store app?

Thats what he did: fist update core files via the MS Store and then download the complete update within the MFS

• Deputy Sheriffs

I updated all files from the MS Store....... Confirmation is that in the MSFS opening screens a new picture of Mount Fuji (Japan) was included..... But after that the screen with the "Check for Updates" appeared. It took a while and then the screen automatically closed without updating..... e. g. MSFS behaved as there were no updates available. Checked with ALT+ENTER (windowed mode) and it confirmed that I am still on 1.8.3........ Is there any other way to trigger the update?

What I recognized when looking at the "update screen": Previously the "circle" moved around e.g. that there was some action. But now there is no movement just a "fixed" circle and the description "CHECKING FOR UPDATES". After some seconds then this screen disappears!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I finally solved the issue by de-and re-installing the MSFS in the MS Store..... Now the update is running..... Thanks!

Archived