Cannot correct installation locations of config files, etc.

ocndvr

Hi there, I am seeking a solution to the following...

I have been trying to install the latest Aerosoft Airbus A318-320 bundle on my Prepar3D Windows 10 machine. The trouble is that it appears the installer got ahold of the name of an invalid account (a previous OneDrive account, C:\users\robert, which has since been deleted) and insists on installing the config files, Updater and LiveryInstaller there, eg.

Aerosoft Updater
    C:\Users\rober\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater

This of course yields an error when an attempt is made to run those utilities since the location is an invalid user location. My valid account is C:\Users\bob, and is the only user account on my machine.

I haven't been able to find a way to change "C:\Users\rober" to "C:\Users\bob" during the Airbus install. It appears that the user has no control over this for the config files, Updater and Livery Installer. Only the location of the main Airbus folder can be changed. 

The fact that the installer remembers the previous install paths is touted as a convenience, but in this case, it is a pain in the ***. Is there a way to "refresh" the installer so that it forgets about the prior incorrect paths and allows the selection of new paths? Any idea where these prior paths are stored or where the installer picks the installation paths up from?

I appreciate any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Otto, and apologies for my late response.

As it turns out, just prior to your reply I managed to get things working by deleting every reference to the bogus "rober" account from the registry. A tedious process, but it solved the issue.

Thanks for sharing the utility. It might come in handy later.

Cheers.

- Bob

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived