Severe Loss of Control (AKA FPS Issue)

Fab10

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, natcret said:

While it is pitching, the FPS go down to 4. 

While the FPS goes down to 4, it is pitching.

7 hours ago, natcret said:

I find it uniquely strange that every other aircraft that I fly in in P3D4.5 does not have this issue. 

In our Airbus the FBW was coded in relation to FPS. A minimum of 18 is required. It had always been the same. Since the first Airbus release 10+ years ago.
A major recoding of FBW will now not happen.

I'm sorry, I fully understand, that that will not solve your problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, Fab10 said:

Once again flying over the channel climbing to cruise with FPS approx. 25-40 FPS, without any warning whatsoever the aircraft suddenly performed it's little FPS dance.

Was that when the simulator started to load the London region? That is a very heavy region like Seattle. Even defalt is heavy to FPS.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, natcret said:

I find it uniquely strange that every other aircraft that I fly in in P3D4.5 does not have this issue.  Even your CRJ's do not have this issue when I fly them.  There just has to be something within the model that is affecting this.  Could it be EFB inputs?  Could it be something within the Immersion.dll file?  Could it be an issue as it relates to P3D5 graphic requirements versus P3D4.5? Are the paints the same?

Like Masterhawk said, the way that the aircraft is coded on it's core is unique to other aircraft. This method has its pros and cons just like any method has, and one of the cons is that in order to keep the sim and the FBW code in sync you must have at least 18 fps at all times. So it's well known by us what is causing this issue. The problem is that in order for us to fix it, we would need to basically recreate a major system on the aircraft from scratch that would take considerable time (and then we would need to take into account how it affects also other systems). Unfortunately that is not going to happen since the aircraft works just fine as long as you have more than 18 fps at all times.

I understand that you want to help us so that we could fix the issue. And all help is appreciated. However in this case the root cause of this issue is already well known and the fact simply is that there isn't any easy fix for this that we could do here.

Masterhawk and Secondator,

Thank youy both for your response.  I appreciate the explanation.  I will continue to troubleshooot on my end.  In terms of the most recent flight I flew, it was from LIMJ to EGCC.  I had a bucking incident twice enroute, but had no issues when setting up for approach and final to EGCC.  I have the ORBX England scenery as well.  

Also, for Masterhawk, in my case, every time the pitching happens first as my FPS starts to reduce.  For example, I will be cruising along at 55 FPS, then all the sudden it will start pitching and as I am looking at the FPS indicator, it slowly reduces form from 55 to 4.  The frames increase as the pitching stops.  Maybe we are both saying the same thing.  However, I will watch it again closely for my next flight and record it.  If it is different, I will let you know.

Again, I thank you both for your response.  I understand the issue now, which is helpful.

Thanks and stay safe!

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, natcret said:

Masterhawk and Secondator,

Thank youy both for your response.  I appreciate the explanation.  I will continue to troubleshooot on my end.  In terms of the most recent flight I flew, it was from LIMJ to EGCC.  I had a bucking incident twice enroute, but had no issues when setting up for approach and final to EGCC.  I have the ORBX England scenery as well.  

Also, for Masterhawk, in my case, every time the pitching happens first as my FPS starts to reduce.  For example, I will be cruising along at 55 FPS, then all the sudden it will start pitching and as I am looking at the FPS indicator, it slowly reduces form from 55 to 4.  The frames increase as the pitching stops.  Maybe we are both saying the same thing.  However, I will watch it again closely for my next flight and record it.  If it is different, I will let you know.

Again, I thank you both for your response.  I understand the issue now, which is helpful.

Thanks and stay safe!

Hi, also in this case...LIMJ to EGCC.

Have you come close to London area? When the sim is loading this area the FPS drop. Especially with ORBX England.

It is hit or miss with the London area.  Sometimes I see an FPS issue, sometimes I don't.  I flew a flight yesterday from EGKK to EDDT.  I had the FPS hit twice:  Once while leave the Gatwick area and again passing 10,000 feet over the English coast.  Fortunately they were minor and I had no other issues beyond that.

I also watched the FPS closely this time and I stand corrected.  I saw that the FPS started dropping to under 18 before the aircraft pitched, just as you had mentioned before. 

Best Regards

Aerosoft;

Quoting Secondator from above, "Like Masterhawk said, the way that the aircraft is coded on it's core is unique to other aircraft. This method has its pros and cons just like any method has, and one of the cons is that in order to keep the sim and the FBW code in sync you must have at least 18 fps at all times."

How come I was seeing 55-80 FPS (approx. 65 FPS average) in a cloudless sky over a not-so densely populated Aeonian Sea, with the bucking bronco issue still occurring?

Whilst it may be clear to you, it is not at all clear to me; please explain how this is to do with FPS and please also share with us (your customers) the evidence which supports this?

Furthermore, I can assure you that my FPS is considerably higher than the stated threshold, so please explain to me how the issue as stated by Aerosoft technicians applies to my system?

Archived