Severe Loss of Control (AKA FPS Issue)

Fab10

Hi,

The reason that I stopped flying the Aerosoft Airbus Professional V1.4.0.3 is because for me, the random and sudden loss of control as experienced on my system has made the aircraft in all its iterations quite unflyable (or more to the point, unenjoyable). All previous incarnations of the Aerosoft Airbus from the AXE upwards have been fine, but not so the Professional range, and explains why i have only the A318/A319 and not the A320/A321 & A330.

I know that other users have had the same problems, and I know that Aerosoft always dismisses this as a FPS issue, but the truth here is that it is the only aircraft in my P3D4 hangar to have this unpredictable and sudden catastrophic loss of control. My PMDG NGX, 777, 747, DC-6, Captain Sim 767, 757, 777, QW 787,and so on are absolutely fine, even at higher settings.

My PC specs are fairly good (i7-9700K@4.8Ghz, 32Gb 3000Mhz, GTX1080, Asus Z370), and all drivers includng those of the motherboard are updated; also, the Airbus is always updated just in case the next iteration brings forward a fix.

I haven't previosuly bothered bringing this to your attention knowing that others have, but when today I tested the newest version (V1.4.0.3) and yet even over the English Channel without even a boat or grass verge in sight, during a straight climbing segment, the darned thing suffered one of its loss of control moments, so I thought why not capture it as video, which i did.

And just as I was about to upload it, it had another of these horrid jerky fits, and this too I captured on replay.

You'll see that I have the VSync limiter set to 35FPS (and my PC can run P3D4 FPS in the 70-80 range), and from being quite stable in FPS, suddenly it went berserk. The video is slightly amusing insofar as the contrails that it catches up with are, I believe, it's own.

Anyway, I'm not expecting much, just a courteous acknowledgement, as for me, a fix would be the icing on the cake. In the interim, I have shed loads of other aeroplanes that can be flown and even landed without fuss or drama.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, there are several points to know:

- Our Airbus FBW is linked to FPS. So hard to compare with other products.

- Is it a FPS issue or a Wind issue? Are you using any weather addon? The default settings of ActiveSky are way to high, so turbulences causing also big trouble.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I use ASP4, but I don't think the wind was excessive; during climb I was seeing a tail wind of 30kts or so.

There were no instances of turbulence that I can recall, and the onset of this issue is as sudden as you can see, and quite without warning of indication, and often occurs in straight flight.

The FPS that you see in the upper left hand side are typical for a climb out, and in fact these were curtailed by VSYNC ( in case this helped).

In addition, I apologise for the tone of my email, and please know that I've wanted to edit it but of course there is no facility to do so. Simply, my words were borne of frustration because since the time I purchased the "Professional" Aerosoft Airbus, I simply haven't been able to fly it. The only Airbus that I have is the "other" still not quite ready Prologue version by a certain developer purchased in mid-2012.

Thanks again,

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

If your FPS are stable at 35 (no micro stutters) then it can only be the wind.

Have you tried flying with default sim wind without AS4?

If it is working fine with default sim wind, try lower AS4 wind settings.

Thanks, I will try with FSGRW for P3D4 instead of ASP4 because I really would like to finally eradicate this issue. 
Looking at the video, you’ll see there is no warning, just a sudden jerky change in FPS and attitude.
When the winds change, which from time to time they do, than sim aircraft tend to wobble in situ until they stabilise, but IMO this issue doesn’t look or feel like that. 
Remember that this issue only affected the “Pro” P3D4 version. Also, my sim OS and P3D4 installations have been rebuild yet this issue has been persistent. 
Are there Aerosoft recommended ASP4  settings for use with the Pro Airbus?

Again, thanks; I will absolutely report back after trialling FSGRW and no WX..

Hi,

Sorry, but it is the same problem with FSGRW, shortly after takeoff the same issue occurs.

Any ideas will be gratefully accepted!

Thanks again,

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Fab10 said:

Hi,

Sorry, but it is the same problem with FSGRW, shortly after takeoff the same issue occurs.

Thanks again,

Fabio

That was just turbulence...to much by FSGRW.
I use in AS:
max surf wind 75
max turb 30
turb effect scale 30
max wind shear 30
enhance turb: deactivate
wake turb strengt 30
max downdraft 500
max updraft 500

My ASP4 settings were different to yours (but still set at reasonable levels), so I duplicated your settings but the same issue occurred.

At this point I switched off all weather engines (i.e. standard atmosphere), but the issue persisted (videos available, one with weather and the other under cloudless no wind conditions).

I really appreaciate your help, so I'm looking forward to more ideas.

Thanks,

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is something requesting some CPU perfomance, resulting in micro FPS drop in the sim.

Have you excluded the sim folders / addon folders from the AV Program?

I just did a flight EDDM/LEPA in v5. No Problems at all.
 But I have a very good system: 9900K with 1080Ti

Yes, previously I had folders excluded, but I am trialling excluding all of my flightsim drives.

However, as this phenomenon doesn't occur in other aircraft, I don't think it will be an AV issue (unless Aerosofdt files are the cause).

So, I will disconnect from the internet and I will disable my AV, and then I'll report back ASAP.

Thanks,

Fabio

So, without AV running, and excludes set to all FS folders (I changed from entire drives to root folders of all things FS), but the issue is still present.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Fabio

On 9/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, Fab10 said:

Hi,

Thanks again,

Fabio

Im not sure i saw this right but looking at the wind read out on the ND i think you can see a change in direction of the wind that happens during the up and down part then stops after ... so could it be just a simple weather injection / Wind effect that caused it?.. its a bit too blurry to see for sure  sadly so might be wrong.

I’m not so sure as it happens without weather as well as with ASP4 and FSGRW. 

Also, my ASP4 settings exactly match those of “masterhawk”. 

I’ve only seen this with the Aerosoft Airbus Pro 64-bit version, and it has happened on all iterations of this product using fresh downloads and installs too. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus requires a minimum of FPS. If it drops (even micro stutters) the AP might go crazy.

Real bad weather changes are also a problem.

At the end it’s a settings Problem. As already mentioned, the bus is flying stable on my side.

Sorry that I can’t help more.

And so we have gone full circle, insofar as this is how I began my post certain in the knowledge that FPS would bear the primary blame (or cause, if you like)...

You can see from my videos that I do not have FPS issues, yet there exists some interaction between the Airbus and my system that is disrupting my enjoyment of this costly add-on.

You have dealt with this for a week or two in my post, but from my perspective, I've not flown this aircraft properly since mid-2018.

I truly wish you'd see past this defence and try to help your customers figure out the root cause.

I cannot understand why in the first video that I uploaded, I am climbing out with level wings over the English channel in fair weather, when all of a sudden the issue takes hold. 

How is this FPS related?

I agree that something interacting with the Aerosoft Airbus Pro (and ONLY this aircraft), and the cause may well be system based, but I still need you to help me with it. 
Is there a combination of programs that maybe don’t work together, for instance Windows Defender and some Aerosoft API or process?

Has there been any stipulation from yourselves about what can or can’t be run simultaneously with the product, for instance ASP4, Chrome, etc?

Can a log file be reviewed to determine causes?

There is at least one other person with the same issue, so why haven’t you considered any commonalities in the makeup of these systems?

Thank you for your continued help and support. 

On 9/30/2020 at 7:59 PM, natcret said:

I am having the same consistent issue as well.  I also use Orbx and Rex Skyforce.  Are you using those addons as well when the FPS issue hits?

Hi,

ORBX yes, but for weather I use ASP4.

I never had this with any of the Airbus versions prior to their Professional release.

May I send you a PM?

Fabio

Aerosoft;

There are two of us working on this issue, but neither of us represent Aerosoft; doesn't this ring any alarm bells with your customer services? You may think that you have answered this post, but from my point of view, you haven't even tried.

Anyway, we are still unable to pinpoint the issue, though we feel that something external is affecting the AAP.

We have tried without any weather, with either ASP4 or FSGRW P4 running, minimal P3D4 settings, h/w ECAM refresh on/off, base scenery (Global), and so on.

Once again flying over the channel climbing to cruise with FPS approx. 25-40 FPS, without any warning whatsoever the aircraft suddenly performed it's little FPS dance. I was monitoring the CPU but I didn't detect anything untoward either before, during, or afterward. This time I had Nvidia FPS overlay running but of course this won't show in the recording.

That I am flying over the channel is significant because this simply cannot be a scenery issue; I am running ORBX Global and ORBX England (not even True Earth), and the only airport scenery loaded is Gatwick EGKK from UK2000 VFR airfields. WX is off and FPS stable and well above the 18 FPS Aerosoft set threshold.

Here is the video, and you'll see the issue (again) at the very end where I switch off yet again in despondent disappointment.

I can see that this particular problem has been an age old issue for Aerosoft with some older posts archived, so I'm surprised that still the identification and solution still elude you, as does acknowledgement of the problem.

I am formally asking Aerosoft for support; even if there is an external Windows influence on your product, I still have expectations that you will assist your customer(s) because it is not just a single person that is experiencing this, and for me this product is not fit for purpose.

If you wish to dial in to witness this phenomenon first hand, then this can be happily accommodated.

Thank you, I await your response.

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Fabio,

This is a known limitation of the Aerosoft Airbus when the fps drops under 18 fps even momentarily. It might not be detected on the fps counter but even if it's a small microstutter it could throw the cycle out of sync and cause the issue momentarily until it catches up. Best way to avoid this is to have a a stable fps that doesn't jump around a lot. FPS between 25 and 40 has pretty big difference and especially if the fps jumps a lot, there is a high risk that fps drops momentarily under 18 even though you don't see it on the fps counter itself.

This is due to the nature how the aircraft has been built to interact with Prepar3D and is within the core of the product. Unfortunately there is no way for us to "fix" this easily.

It's pretty hard to make anything out from your videos but I tried to check your settings and they seem to be very high. Very few machines can run stable fps in any environment with those settings. Have you tried lowering your settings significantly. If so, do you still see this issue with lower settings?

On 10/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, Secondator said:

Hello Fabio,

This is a known limitation of the Aerosoft Airbus when the fps drops under 18 fps even momentarily. It might not be detected on the fps counter but even if it's a small microstutter it could throw the cycle out of sync and cause the issue momentarily until it catches up. Best way to avoid this is to have a a stable fps that doesn't jump around a lot. FPS between 25 and 40 has pretty big difference and especially if the fps jumps a lot, there is a high risk that fps drops momentarily under 18 even though you don't see it on the fps counter itself.

This is due to the nature how the aircraft has been built to interact with Prepar3D and is within the core of the product. Unfortunately there is no way for us to "fix" this easily.

It's pretty hard to make anything out from your videos but I tried to check your settings and they seem to be very high. Very few machines can run stable fps in any environment with those settings. Have you tried lowering your settings significantly. If so, do you still see this issue with lower settings?

Fabio and I have been collectively working this issue.  It seems to be hit or miss whenever it hits.  Sometimes it happens when climbing enroute, sometimes enroute, sometimes on final...it is very difficult to pin point.  If you like, i can also make a video for you to review as my issue appears to be more pronounced than what Fabio's video shows.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello natcret,

Sure if you want to send a video as well. I'll have a look. Please include your PC specs and Prepar3D settings as well.

The thing is that this issue is pretty well known already. I know that my answer won't help you much but there really isn't anything we can do about this issue at this point. 

Secondator,

I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I ask that you, and any of the Aerosoft staff, do not take offense as to what I am about to say.  I support Aerosoft completely which is why I, and I assume Fabio, are trying to get this figured out.  I love the aircraft and enjoy flying all the models, however, this FPS issue really needs to be looked at.

This issue did not start for me until around version 1.3.0.1 of the Baby Buses.  I thought that it was just an anomoly as it didn't happen all the time.  However, with version 1.4.0.3, it is more pronounced.  It happens to me at least two to three times in a flight.  I will be flying along when suddenly, the aircraft will start to violently pitch.  While it is pitching, the FPS go down to 4.  Once it stops pitching, then the model plays catchup.  This happens even with no weather injection of any kind.

I find it uniquely strange that every other aircraft that I fly in in P3D4.5 does not have this issue.  Even your CRJ's do not have this issue when I fly them.  There just has to be something within the model that is affecting this.  Could it be EFB inputs?  Could it be something within the Immersion.dll file?  Could it be an issue as it relates to P3D5 graphic requirements versus P3D4.5? Are the paints the same? 

I am just trying to figure this out.  I should not have to change my FPS to accomodate one aircraft when all other aircraft I fly are working fine with no FPS issue.  Again, I just want to help and see if there is anything that can be tested or done to try to figure this out.

I have a pretty robust system as well. My basic specs are below.  If you need more info let me know:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz

32GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

1TB and 2TB EVO SSD drives

Again, I thank you for getting back to me.

Best regards, and stay safe!

Archived