Your P3D intentions?

ahuimanu

• Aerosoft

Good comments!

Rest assured that there will still be updates for many P3d projects, even with new big features like CPDLC for the A330. And even full new products. But Lockheed is not making our life easy with the changes they do. The fact they, again, changed the shaders in P3D V5.1 making many parts look very dark is a massive problem. I am just not going to pull people from MFS projects to adapt our products again. Good chance an hotfix of P3d V5.2 changes it again. 

And behind all that is the simple fact that P3D add-ons have a modest sales potential at this moment. Certainly compared to MFS add-ons. The investments at this moment are massive because MFS development is not very effective at this moment. 

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Good comments!

Rest assured that there will still be updates for many P3d projects, even with new big features like CPDLC for the A330. And even full new products. But Lockheed is not making our life easy with the changes they do. The fact they, again, changed the shaders in P3D V5.1 making many parts look very dark is a massive problem. I am just not going to pull people from MFS projects to adapt our products again. Good chance an hotfix of P3d V5.2 changes it again. 

And behind all that is the simple fact that P3D add-ons have a modest sales potential at this moment. Certainly compared to MFS add-ons. The investments at this moment are massive because MFS development is not very effective at this moment. 

True. Talking about P3Dv5.1, for me at least it was disappointing, EA is still broken in many ways, CTDs (hang up devices errors due to vram) are still a norm, performance is not super great. Now comparing this to my setup of MSFS, since I bought it in August, I only had one CTD and performance at least for me is smoother than what I would get in P3D5.1, mind you I am running on ultra settings comparing to my P3D settings which are really modest due to the annoying vram issues in P3D that I cant push sliders or vram will just explode. 

The only thing that can hold P3D for now, is just airliners, at least to me. But certainly, this is gong to change once airliners start coming to MSFS as really, I am tired of maintaining P3Dv5 and its unpredictable CTDs. 

we are at an interesting time.  V5.1 has been underwhelming IMO.  But airliner flying keeps me at P3D.  MSFS is interesting.  On one hand it's the future.  But on the other when you look at stats like the steam numbers it paints a picture that msfs honeymoon phase is over.  Users are WAY down.  Keep in mind that's just steam.  But I'm also no longer hearing about it in the tech blogs and youtube streamers.  Once xbox comes I suspect some buzz will come back.  The two most concerning things to me with MSFS are lack of deep simulation aircraft and mandatory updates.  I can't imagine to have it be my main sim with loads of payware aircraft.  Only to open the program and be forced to download a mandatory update that breaks things.  Atleast with P3D we can pick and choose when we know about issues.  Right now I fly in P3D, and use MSFS mostly as a world viewer application.  

2 minutes ago, Dave Gray said:

we are at an interesting time.  V5.1 has been underwhelming IMO.  But airliner flying keeps me at P3D.  MSFS is interesting.  On one hand it's the future.  But on the other when you look at stats like the steam numbers it paints a picture that msfs honeymoon phase is over.  Users are WAY down.  Keep in mind that's just steam.  But I'm also no longer hearing about it in the tech blogs and youtube streamers.  Once xbox comes I suspect some buzz will come back.  The two most concerning things to me with MSFS are lack of deep simulation aircraft and mandatory updates.  I can't imagine to have it be my main sim with loads of payware aircraft.  Only to open the program and be forced to download a mandatory update that breaks things.  Atleast with P3D we can pick and choose when we know about issues.  Right now I fly in P3D, and use MSFS mostly as a world viewer application.  

Keep in mind that the extreme Steam player numbers in the beginning where users who actually didn't fly but install. With installation times for ~100 GB some people reported installing for days (and are counted correspondingly). Plus, compare the figures and even more their tendency with those of FSX-SE and X-Plane (all Steam only, of course).

Besides, I find these figures remarkable

https://flightsim.to/

2600 freeware addons and 1.5 Mio downloads just in 2 months. Now, not all of them are really excellent, but among them are more real pearls than I am able to download and install.

You are certainly right on the mandatory updates. This is a very weak point, and I hope Asobo will implement a beta download system, maybe comparable to the X-Plane one. As far as I recall, I think from one of the Q&A's with Jörg Neumann, this is scheduled for Update 9 which should arrive towards the end of 2020.

Another "buzz" will certainly come when VR support will become openly available (now being in beta). 

Kind regards, Michael

After weeks of frustration with MSFS (Bugs, installation Issues, aircraft bugs, more installation issues, did i mention bugs, sensitivity issues, bugs, ATC issues, more bugs, weather issues, and finally some more bugs), i re-installed my beloved P3D 4.5 yesterday.

Together with ORBX sceneries, Active Sky, some Aerosoft Airports, the Airbus, the Twin Otter, some Carenados and A2A.....i enjoyed flying around today around Zürich, Friedrichshafen, Frankfurt....and was very satisfied.

If P3D Addons will still appear, i will be open to buy them.

Archived