Patch 1.8.3.0 Downloadmanager Datei pc-fs-base-bigfiles

Seit der Patch 1.8.3.0 vefügbar ist kann ich den Simulator nicht mehr nutzen. Seit 3 Tagen versucht der Downlodmanager die Datei  pc-fs-base-bigfiles herunterzuladen. Nach 5-8% wird abgebrochen und neu gestartet. Das geht stundenlang so ohne Ergebnis. Alle anderen Datein von den nötigen 35 GB wurden problemlos heruntergeladen.
Auf der Supportseite von MS haben sehr viele diese Problem. Aber vom MS wird keine Lösung angeboten. Nicht einmal eine Antwort auf Supportanfragen erhält man. Ich denke hier sollte einmal Aerosoft tätig werden. Kann diese Datei nicht einzeln zum Download vorerst angeboten werden, damit der Simulator wieder gestartet werden kann.
Bei der Vorgängerversion konnte man offline arbeiten. Das geht jetzt nicht mehr. Ich denke hier sollte an die vielen Nutzer die dieses problem haben eine erliche Antwort von MS und Aerosoft folgen.

Since patch 1.8.3.0 is available, I can no longer use the simulator. The download manager has been trying to download the file pc-fs-base-bigfiles for 3 days. After 5-8% it is canceled and restarted. It goes on for hours with no result. All other files of the required 35 GB were downloaded without any problems.
Many people on the MS support site have this problem. But no solution is offered by the MS. You don't even get an answer to support requests. I think Aerosoft should take action here one day. This file cannot be offered for download individually for the time being so that the simulator can be started again.
With the previous version you could work offline. This is no longer possible. I think the many users who have this problem should be followed by a solid answer from MS and Aerosoft.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I am not sure what you are asking us to do. Make another ticket at Microsoft? They are aware of the issue and we assume working on it. I do not assume they will work harder on it when I start calling them.

that is MS's answer to the problem. Here you get a lot of strain and that for 130 € That's a cheek

Cheers to X-plane 11

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Sep 25, 2020, 15:30 GMT+2

You are receiving this message because you submitted a ticket using the contact form "Download and Installation issues."

Hi Ekkehard,

Our team has identified several issues that are likely to prevent some users from downloading or updating the sim after the latest update. Below you will find workarounds to help you get back in the sim.

1. Packet losses
If you're using WiFi try using an ethernet cable instead. Some users reported that using a wired connection immediately fixed the problem with no additional troubleshooting needed.

2. Credentials are not synchronized across apps/Xbox Live login issues
Make sure to log in with the same account everywhere:

1. Log out of the Microsoft Store app

Step 1: Open The Windows Store app, and click on the user icon located on the top right-hand side of the window.

Step 2: Select the user name, and click on Sign out.

Step 3: Close the Store app, open it again, and check if you are logged out of the Microsoft Account in Windows Store.

2. Log out of the Xbox App (if installed)

Step 1: Launch the Xbox app

Step 2: Click on the icon in the top right-hand side of the screen

Step 3: Select Sign Out

3. Sign out of Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 2: Click on your icon in the top right-hand side corner of the screen

Step 3: Click on Sign out

4. Reboot the computer

5. Sign back in the Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 1: Open The Windows Store app, and click on the icon located on the top right-hand side of the window.

Step 2: Click on Sign in

Step 3: Select your account in the list

Step 4: Enter your credentials (if prompted)

6. Sign back in the Xbox App with the credentials of the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

Step 1: Launch the Xbox app

Step 2: Click on the icon in the top right-hand side of the screen

Step 3: Select Sign-in

Step 4: Select the account in the list and click Continue

Step 5: Enter your credentials (if prompted)

Step 6: Click on Let's play

7. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator as an administrator and sign back with the credentials of the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

3. The download is stuck (attempting to download the same file over and over) or stalled

A) Use Netlimiter

Some users reported that using Netlimiter and setting the download speed between 5 and 20 Mbps helped them bypass the looping issue.

B) Disable Window Auto-tuning

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
  • In the menu select “Run as administrator”
  • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
  • Press enter
  • Reboot your computer

C) Launch the local save

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Flight Simulator app and packages (See step II from our articles How to repair or remove Microsoft Flight Simulator on Microsoft Store or on Steam)
    2. Reinstall the Microsoft Flight Simulator app (See: Download & Installation guides)
    3. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator as an administrator
      • Type "Flight Simulator" in the Windows Search bar and select "Run as administrator" in the menu that appears.
    4. Unplug your Ethernet cable or turn off your wifi
    5. Continue through the menu that appears on the screen
    6. The sim will crash when loading. Press Alt-F4
    7. Plug your internet back and launch the sim as administrator again
    8. A pop up will appear asking to choose between the cloud save or the local save. Select "the one on this device."
    9. Follow the instructions on the screen and point to the correct game path
    10. Wait for the core packages to finish downloading and installing
    11. Go to Content Manager and select the additional packages you want to download and install
    12. Restart the game

4. Data cap
It is possible that you have reached the Data limit cap you have set up, which prevents you from downloading additional data. The data cap will reset at the date you have set up. By default, it should be on the first day of every month, unless you have selected a different day.

5. Only 2 aircrafts
Finally, if you see only 2 aircraft in the hangar:

1. Go to Content Manager
  2. Select the additional packages you want to download and install
  3. Restart the game

If your download and installation issue was not listed above, please visit the known issues article as well as our knowledge base and the forums to find additional troubleshooting steps. To report issues happening within the sim such as a crash to desktop or low FPS, submit a new request using the Technical Issues contact form instead.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Hallo Ekkehard,

ich finde leider in Moment den Link bei MS nicht, aber einigen hat dieser Lösungsansatz geholfen.
Und noch nebenbei erwähnt, - ich selbst hatte dieses Problem nicht gehabt, - ich kann folglich auch nicht bestätigen ob das auch tatsächlich hilft.

Nachtrag!!     Ups, sehe gerade mein Post hier hat sich gerade überschnitten ... ist also nichtig! 😉

VG

MO

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Ekkehard said:

that is MS's answer to the problem. Here you get a lot of strain and that for 130 € That's a cheek

Cheers to X-plane 11

Ekkehard, I understand you are frustrated and I most certainly understand that. But you have to keep in mind that if you sell a million + copies of a software you will get a lot of people with problems. I found the reply from Microsoft correct, to the point and covering everything I would have proposed.

In the last 4 weeks we have rebuild almost all of our test machines, I have assisted dozens of customers doing the same and on Wednesday evening I was at a meeting of a Flightsim Club who asked me to assist installing the sim. I said I would be glad to do so but to avoid having to deal with old problems I could only assist when the windows was reset. So new files on a 'formatted' disk. There is no way I can debug 22 systems on one evening. So we went to a place with a kick ass internet connection, wired all hardware up and re-installed Windows, did all updates of hardware drivers, installed the latest graphics drivers, updated the Windows Store apps and hooked up a SSD with the sim files.  All of these installs and the initial updates (by Jove I would love to have a 50 Gb internet connection) went without a hiccup. Zero, nada, nothing. At 22:45 all 22 systems were up and running, they all had our free Paderborn installed. There was one system that had some crashes but when we switched graphics cards it was stable so I think the GPU was to blame there.

We have exactly the same experience on our own systems. Install on an existing system and you might run into problems. Then you can spend days on trying to find what exactly is causing the issue. Sometimes this works, sometime it does not. MFS is in this aspect a tricky. 

-----------------

Many people overestimate the time it takes to re-install your system. My two systems are not simply. Full Office, full Adobe suit, 32 'tools', 6 simulators, 70+ steam games, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon, virtual disks, VPN networks.... I got 20+ controls like sticks, rudders etc etc. This is just what is ON the desk, the rest is below it. In boxes but still connected.

Please login to display this image.

But when I prepare for it I can re-install everything in 6 hours. That includes all setting files etc. These days there are so many tools that help you. Just drop your steam library on another disk and you won't have to download anything.  A modern (!) P3D add-on stored on another disk can be added to the sim in a minute (I can replace P3d V5 with a new version without having to do ANYTHING to add-ons, just de-install the sim, re-install the new one and it will be as before).

Let me give you one tip. Once you reset your OS (and please... please do not take the option to keep anything, you are just migrating shite to a new system) and have that installed open Edge and go to ninite.com. One stop installer for 50% of what you will need. Pick and click, get a coffee. It's bloody brilliant. 

Please login to display this image.

Nach drei Tagen erfolglosen Patch-Downloads habe ich in einem anderen Forum einen Workaround gefunden, der zugegebenermaßen eher kontraproduktiv klingt, bei mir aber funktioniert hat: die Netzwerk-Geschwindigkeit künstlich drosseln.

Ich habe meine 6000er DSL-Leitung für den Flightsim-Prozess mit dem Programm Netlimiter auf 500 kB/s begrenzt, und damit klappte der Download.

Warum auch immer...

Tom

Archived