Aerosoft Airport Cologne-Bonn (for MFS)

I think Aerosoft as well as other developers should address this issue with MSFS where the ground textures appear to have a default granular texture displayed on top of the ground textures of the P3D/XP scenery. You can see particularly in the last image that the airport has square tiles and not the type of surface it shows in MSFS. 

On 9/26/2020 at 3:46 PM, Emi said:

Is there any way to get rid of this ground effect in MFS? Both the apron, as well as any paintings on it, should not have a rough but an even surface.

In the current SDK detail maps for ground textures aren't accessible, so the default ones are applied to these types of objects.

Hopefully this is something that's improved when the SDK matures more.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

In the current SDK detail maps for ground textures aren't accessible, so the default ones are applied to these types of objects.

Hopefully this is something that's improved when the SDK matures more.

I'm hoping the same, would be a pity if the grounds were affected by that for years to come!

Great! Can’t wait for this. I must say since I first saw Jo‘s work back in 2017 (or 2018) I am impressed by this mans work! Well done!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Progress is good, shouldn't be too far off!

On 9/30/2020 at 1:48 PM, 757pilot said:

Will there be a new mesh or just the microsoft default mesh (which isn't very good at EDDK Default)

The scenery does include adjustments for the terrain mesh inside the airport perimeter.

EDDK_MSFS_010.jpg

EDDK_MSFS_011.jpg

EDDK_MSFS_012.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, love the work. I have a question! The livery and types of aircrafts in AI traffic and static ones are related to MSFS SDK available now? If so will this be addressed in future updates. Because every thing look real visually except this issue. Thanks