Manchester (EGCC) Lag Spike at night

potsy501

I have found that in the latest version of X-Plane 11.50 (Vulkan), there is a massive lag spike with a specific area behind Terminal 3 at Aerosoft Manchester (EGCC) at night. In the day it is absolutely fine 45+ fps, but when the night lighting comes on, it goes down to 12-15 fps, as this video I made demonstrates:  https://youtu.be/zIrQgkEsqWw

I hope there is a resolution to this problem because it is currently impossible to fly into Manchester at night in its current state which is a shame because I like the scenery in general.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Yes... this is caused by some lights in the rear of the airport. Try the following workaround:

1. Open the file "Aerosoft - EGCC Manchester\objects\laterne_dunkel.OBJ" in a text editor
  2. Change the last line beginning with "LIGHT_PARAM" to "#LIGHT_PARAM"
  3. Save the file

This should increase performance significantly at night but will remove some of the (not that important) street lighting behind the main airport terminal buildings.

Archived