New Nvidia driver 456.38

I loaded the new Nvidia driver. My start picture can be seen in the attachment. Then the program completely shuts down. You don't get any answers from those responsible, only mail from others who also have these problems. When will I finally be able to play a € 130 game without any problems?
Version 1.8.3.0 graphics card: Geforce RTX2070Super MS Store up to date.
Windows 10 up to date.

MSFS2020.jpg

Again, contact either Nvidia or Microsoft to solve this. There is nothing Aerosoft can do.

Recommendation from my side:
uninstall the driver completely and try a fresh install or install the ODE version.

In general: ther is no need to always install the latest driver, other then it fixes issues you have seen, or you have a specific hardware that is only supported with the latest driver

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

100% agree, unless there is a specific issue fixed (you can check the release-notes in the nvidia website before you download), you can usually stay with your existing working driver. 

• Like 1

You do not want to know the amount of problems we see with new Nvidia drivers.... I am using drivers from 8 months old and will only update if there is a security issue or if there is significant progress. 

16 hours ago, Ekkehard said:

But they recommend updating the drivers before installing MSFS.

Based on what you're seeing, that sounds like a recommendation to ignore. If you can, roll back to the previous driver which was also suited to MFS and see if the problem persists. Do please report back on whether rolling your driver back helped. Best wishes.

Any individual can have a problem with new drivers that doesn't affect anyone else. The fact is that you should be using the updated Nvidia drivers. They specifically addressed Flight Simulator concerns in consultation with Asobo and it is mentioned in their release notes. Don't let non-Nvidia/non-Asobo people tell you not to update your drivers. Over a million people began using MSFS in the first week of release. If there was actually a problem with these updated drivers, there'd be a million messages on forums everywhere about it as a majority of MSFS users on are Nvidia and many of them (myself included) updated our drivers due to their being fixes and/or performance increases in them specifically for MSFS. And just to be clear, Nvidia is known for far less buggy drivers than AMD is. Nor is it particularly close.

• Downvote 1