Radio frequency issue after update

klisura

After latest update on A320, p3d 4.5, I got an issue on set Com 1 frequency on saitek radio panel.

Has something been modified on radio frequency in A320 with the last update?

Just in order to solve with the help of spad.next developer

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi klisura.

All of our aircraft currently uses the 8.33 kHz spacing where the frequencies are read directly from sim via simconnect and then recalculated according to user input and written back directly into sim. So the only change was to change the radios from 25 kHz spacing into 8.33 kHz spacing system.

We'll check this on our side as well to compare between different internal versions to see if we can find something that broke this feature.

Mr Ulrich from Spad.Next replied to me:

"Nothing i can do on my side.
P3D SimConnect limits frequencies to BCD16 with 2 decimals. No extented Frequency handling is known to me for P3D (like e.g. MSFS where it's unlimited)"

So do you think is there something Aerosoft on his side can do to fix the issue or should I go back to the previous stable bus version?

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 hours ago, klisura said:

Mr Ulrich from Spad.Next replied to me:

"Nothing i can do on my side.
P3D SimConnect limits frequencies to BCD16 with 2 decimals. No extented Frequency handling is known to me for P3D (like e.g. MSFS where it's unlimited)"

So do you think is there something Aerosoft on his side can do to fix the issue or should I go back to the previous stable bus version?

Is he talking about prior v5? With v5 the new spacing was introduced into the sim and the sdk updated. And as we read and write direct to sim connect it shouldn’t also be a problem for him.

I am on P3Dv4.5 and it all worked perfectly till the new Aerosoft update, now the freq will change if I do it in the sim virtual cockpit and and chane on the Saitek rasio panel, but it will not be controlled via the panel anymore

regards

Derek

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Is he talking about prior v5? With v5 the new spacing was introduced into the sim and the sdk updated. And as we read and write direct to sim connect it shouldn’t also be a problem for him.

No, I'm running p3d 4.5 as written in the first post

2 hours ago, barrendrop3 said:

I am on P3Dv4.5 and it all worked perfectly till the new Aerosoft update, now the freq will change if I do it in the sim virtual cockpit and and chane on the Saitek rasio panel, but it will not be controlled via the panel anymore

regards

Derek

Same here, I'll roll back to the last stable bus version

22 hours ago, barrendrop3 said:

Anybody got this working yet, is it  the LARS in Spadnext  that need updating to  have the  new frequency  spacing?

No, there's nothing Spad.Next can do on his side. 

If aerosoft doesn't fix it the only thing to do is to roll back to the stable version (1.3.1.0) as I did

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in with the same issue.

Logitech (saitek) radio panel with logitech driver on P3D V4. A318-A321, A330.

The numbers flicker on the panel but do not change in the cockpit.

Changing the freq in the cockpit does change the numbers on the panel.

Rolled back to last stable busses fixes it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 10:15 PM, Secondator said:

We are aware of this issue and we are looking into it.

Hi Secondator, do you know if this bug has been fixed with the latest 1.4.1.1?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello klisura,

No. We are still looking into it trying to understand what the issue could be. Unfortunately there has been a small delay with this due to other priorities that we had to work out first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, SeaJunk said:

Chiming in with the same issue.

Logitech (saitek) radio panel with logitech driver on P3D V4. A318-A321, A330.

The numbers flicker on the panel but do not change in the cockpit.

Changing the freq in the cockpit does change the numbers on the panel.

Rolled back to last stable busses fixes it.

FYI, I also have this issue with the radio panel. Not sure if this helps but the MadDog also updated to 8.33 Khz but they allow users to revert back to 25 Khz by making a change in the ini file to 833KHz=0 and users can use their radio panels again. 

Discovering that my previously working radio panel doesn’t change frequencies the day before the Cross the Pond  is not fun. 

ive been messing around in Spad next trying to change to 8.33khz and all kinds of stuff to no avail. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, Rosko said:

Discovering that my previously working radio panel doesn’t change frequencies the day before the Cross the Pond  is not fun. 

ive been messing around in Spad next trying to change to 8.33khz and all kinds of stuff to no avail. 

Problem is solved internal fix is in testing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

guys what Ini file needs to be changed and where is it located?  I've had to do a similar change in the MD80 in the past.  I just need to know what file needs to be changed here. 

Archived