FS Map & Flight Plan

cecilsav

Hi. I purchsed FSMap and I am still getting to used to what all it will do but I have one thing that I can't figure out.

I can't get the imported flight plan to show up in the gauge on the panel. I don't get in on any map or where it supposed to show waypoints. It does show up on the windowed map.

I somehow feel this is FSUIPC related?

Cecil Savage

I somehow feel this is FSUIPC related?

Cecil Savage

That would depend on whether you are using FS 2004 or FSX. If you have it set to FSX it used simconnect. If you have it connected to FS9 it uses fsuipc. I'm not sure what you have tried already so maybe you could let us know what version you are using and what you have tried?

Thanks

Paul Dahlen

Did you install the version of FSUIPC that is included with the program or do you have a registered version already?
I have a fully registered version. 3.75 I think. (at work now so I can't look).

@cecilsav

What do you mean with "imported Flight Plan"? The gauge will only show those plans which have been loaded with FS. The gauge does not use FSUIPC or SimConnect to get the plan. There is an internal FS API which is used to load it.

Regards

Thomas

When I go to the FSMap toolbar I click where it says "load flightplan". I create my flight plans with FS Build but it stores them in the FS9 folder with the .pln extension. Like I say I can see the flight plan in the window with the tool bars but I never see the flightplan in the plane itself. I hope that makes sense?

You will need to load the plan in FS. Otherwise it won't show up in the gauge.

Thomas

I assume you mean by using the FS9 Flight Planner? If so then yes I do that too otherwise I can't load a company route in my FMC.

I also want to say thank you for the great products. I also have FS Kepper and won't fly without it.

I assume you mean by using the FS9 Flight Planner? If so then yes I do that too otherwise I can't load a company route in my FMC.

I also want to say thank you for the great products. I also have FS Kepper and won't fly without it.

Hi Cecil,

You have the flight plan loaded in both FS and FSMap Main Window? In the Gauge window click on Menu/Ent and have you selected Flight Plan within the Gauge?

I hope you guys can see these 2 files. One will show my plane sitting at KIAH with a flight plan loaded but I don't see it. The other file shows the gauge but again there is no flight plan info as there should be.

But I can see the flight plan in the FSMap main window with a blue line indicating the path and I also see waypoints. Also note that I do have the "Flightplan option" clicked.

Hi Cecil,

One major thing I have noticed and at present nobody else has picked up on is that you are stationary at the airport. Have you tried taking off and seeing what happens within the Gauge. At present when your IAS (indicated Air Speed) is bellow 40 and you are at an airport then the only thing you will see is the airport diagram!!

As you roll down the runway and exceed 40 then the map view changes to the selected map then, if you have a flight plan loaded that will be overlaid onto your map.

Hope this clarifies your issue.

Wilco 737-300.

Thomas I also wanted to note that I get a message on the gauge when I first turn it on telling me that my GPS is not connected. Anything there?

Hi Cecil,

If you choose another aircraft is the result the same? I seem to recall quite a few years back mind you that certain add on Aircraft which have their own FMC etc etc will give you probs that normal aircraft will not, hence, this may well be down to the aircraft and not FSMap.

OK. I have tested it and I get the same result: GPS is not connected.

I don't know what feelThere is doing there, but FSMap is not able to connect to the standard FS GPS system. A workaround is to load a default aircraft (e.g. 734) and then switch to the Wilco 733.

Hope this helps

Thomas