Tail light problem!

Jammin16

Hey there,

Yes so I have problem the the Tail/ logo light for all my Airbus aircrafts. A318, A319, A320, A321 and A330.  When I take off from the runway, and as soon all the wheels are in the air, my tail light goes out automatically!

But when I land on the runway and as soon as the wheels hit the ground then the light turns on again!

I have the same problem for 2 years ago, so I can't remember what we do to fix this problem. 

Jammin16

Please login to display this image.

41 minutes ago, AAC47 said:

Se på uddrag fra FCOM 330

Ifølge denne beskrivelse slukkes lyset, når det er luftbåret

Jeg lavede en test med a330 p3D 4.5, og lysene slukkes i lift-off

Okay... it was weird it has worked before???

What about the ohter Airbus aircraft A318 yo A321???

That was all so weird, I have see on a video the light not turn off on a real A330-300! 

can I self change it???

But thank you AAC47 for your help

52 minutes ago, AAC47 said:

You have a point there.........

LOGO light will be ON with flaps more than 15 degrees

A330 Flaps 1 is 16 degrees

The smaller Busses Flaps 1 are 18 degress

A 340 flaps 1 is 20 degrees

So in my T/O with Flaps 1 (16 deg.) the light should be ON untill flaps reduction

This is a BUG

Okay, so there are a BUG in the simulation???

But AAC47, you sound like you know much about this about the flaps and the Logo light... so in the real life the logo light automaticly turn off when the pilots set flaps to flaps 0/ up???

I have all ways think the logo light it's all ways on???

1 hour ago, AAC47 said:

According check-list you awitch on Logo light before eng start and switch it off when parked

I made some tests and when Flaps 2 is selected the light remains ON, when Flaps 1 is selected the light go OFF

To be correct the LOGO light shall be ON as Flap 1 on all Busses is more than 15 degrees extended

And now to confuse :     On some Busses in SAS you could switch ON the LOGO light when airborne to be more visible in darkness when you met other traffic

but this must be a non-standard update.....

I would like to have the LOGO light on when I'm in the air.

I need to say this problem with my LOGO light is also a problem for my A318, A319 A320 and A321.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I did some more research on this issue.

On the A330 the flaps are extended to more than 15 degrees only in flap settings 3 and FULL. On setting 1+F the flaps is set to 8 degrees and setting 2 the flaps are set to 14 degrees. It's slats that is set to 16 degrees on position 1. Now there are two different airline options on this as far as I can see. One where the logo light illuminates when flaps are extended more than 0 degrees (meaning it would not show on setting 1 but would show on 1+F) and other option is where the logo light illuminates when the flaps are extended to 15 degrees or more.

Following can be found on the manuals: These lights provide lighting for the company logo on the vertical stabilizer provided the main landing gears is compressed, or depending on the aircraft configuration, when flaps are extended (at least 15 ° on some aircraft).

Reading that text I first was thinking if the mentioned flaps there would also include slats angle in this context. But then the last part on brackets basically defies this logic because if this was the case that flaps in this case included the slats angle as well, it's not required to add the last part in brackets for some aircraft because "when flaps are extended" phrase would include all settings since slats on all settings are more than 15 degrees as you already mentioned.

So the aircraft that we have been modelled is following this 15 degrees or more logic meaning that on AUTO position (1) the logo light should not show in air unless flaps are more than 15° meaning that in air it would only show in positions 3 and 4 (given there is no load relief in action). So there is still an issue that it shows on flap setting 2 that I'll investigate. Also the aircraft we have modelled seems to include also the option where logo light is continuously illuminated on position (2) which was also mentioned here on a previous post. We'll see if we can also include this logic on position 2 but it's not really highest of priorities right now.

20 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

Jeg vil gerne have LOGO-lyset tændt, når jeg er i luften.

Jeg er nødt til at sige, at dette problem med mit LOGO-lys også er et problem for min A318, A319 A320 og A321.  

9 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hi,

I did some more research on this issue.

On the A330 the flaps are extended to more than 15 degrees only in flap settings 3 and FULL. On setting 1+F the flaps is set to 8 degrees and setting 2 the flaps are set to 14 degrees. It's slats that is set to 16 degrees on position 1. Now there are two different airline options on this as far as I can see. One where the logo light illuminates when flaps are extended more than 0 degrees (meaning it would not show on setting 1 but would show on 1+F) and other option is where the logo light illuminates when the flaps are extended to 15 degrees or more.

Following can be found on the manuals: These lights provide lighting for the company logo on the vertical stabilizer provided the main landing gears is compressed, or depending on the aircraft configuration, when flaps are extended (at least 15 ° on some aircraft).

Reading that text I first was thinking if the mentioned flaps there would also include slats angle in this context. But then the last part on brackets basically defies this logic because if this was the case that flaps in this case included the slats angle as well, it's not required to add the last part in brackets for some aircraft because "when flaps are extended" phrase would include all settings since slats on all settings are more than 15 degrees as you already mentioned.

So the aircraft that we have been modelled is following this 15 degrees or more logic meaning that on AUTO position (1) the logo light should not show in air unless flaps are more than 15° meaning that in air it would only show in positions 3 and 4 (given there is no load relief in action). So there is still an issue that it shows on flap setting 2 that I'll investigate. Also the aircraft we have modelled seems to include also the option where logo light is continuously illuminated on position (2) which was also mentioned here on a previous post. We'll see if we can also include this logic on position 2 but it's not really highest of priorities right now.

Okay, so the LOGO light is off under the flight/ when the Aircraft is airborne??? Okay there can I see I learn news thing very day... :D

Archived