Questions re boxed install?

I received the boxed Premium Delux version this morning and installed all 10 disks into a different drive / folder, the latter named simply FS2020.

All went well installing the 10 disks into that folder 90+ GBytes.  It automatically opened the Microsoft Game Store and popped up a screen for me to enter the Activation Code.  However, after verifying the activation code, instead of simply installing the launcher it took me to the main 'pre-ordered' game screen and prompted me to "Install/Play". So I clicked that button, and it is proceeding to download I think the whole thing again, some 127 GBytes, into I don't know where!! 

What is the point of installing 90+ gb off 10 disks if you then have to install the whole thing off the store site?

Hi Stuarth,

It happened to me the same. After installing almost 7h the 10 dvd’s now it requests me to install the game again on the Microsoft Store after activating the code.

Even trying to do the installation again from Microsoft Store it doesn’t detects my SSD device where I installed the FS2020.

Hopefully we will have an answer for this.

• Aerosoft
On 9/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, STUARTH said:

I received the boxed Premium Delux version this morning and installed all 10 disks into a different drive / folder, the latter named simply FS2020.

All went well installing the 10 disks into that folder 90+ GBytes.  It automatically opened the Microsoft Game Store and popped up a screen for me to enter the Activation Code.  However, after verifying the activation code, instead of simply installing the launcher it took me to the main 'pre-ordered' game screen and prompted me to "Install/Play". So I clicked that button, and it is proceeding to download I think the whole thing again, some 127 GBytes, into I don't know where!! 

What is the point of installing 90+ gb off 10 disks if you then have to install the whole thing off the store site?

That is not normal behavior and different from what we see. However, we have seen that with the last update the size of files you need to download after the initial install has doubled. Easily reaching 50 Gb. 

Archived