LSGG Aircraft disappearing behind runway

rowcoach

Good evening,

I purchased Geneva airport this afternoon. For the most part, it looks like everything installed correctly - except for one small issue. My aircraft seems to disappear behind part of the runway. This happens both on the ground and in the air.

I have P3D v4.5. I'm also have ORBX FTX Global, Vector, and Europe LC are installed. I have checked the AEC option for Geneva, but there is no option for LSGG.

Here is what it looks like when I roll/fly past a certain part of the runway:

Please login to display this image.

I can't find any other versions of LSGG on my system. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I did a quick search of the forums and didn't see anyone else with this issue so I'm assuming it's something on my end.

Thank you,

colin

Here is the same runway with a default plane. First shot is looking right at the tail at ground level. You can see the wheels are invisible. Second shot is from the same position, but the view is from above the plane looking down. Oddly enough, inside the plane it looks normal.

I tried uninstalling and then installing again, but no change. There appear to be a few ground polygons close to and including the runway that are causing the problem.

Any thoughts?

@mopperle

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Starting from this point on Runwyay 04, I counted the dashes on the centre line. There seems to be three spots along this runway where the plane becomes invisible.

The plane disappears just after the 6th gap and this lasts until the end of the 12th dash. I paused at this point and took the four screenshots from different angles. As I continued down the runway, I found two more gaps like this, The second one was just after the 24th dash until the end of the 30th dash. The last one was from just after the 53rd dash to the end of the 60th.

The last picture is after takeoff. If you look at the nose of the plane, you can see the runway through it.

Cheers,

colin

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, just checked it with a default aircraft, taxiing down the complete runway and could not recreate your issue. Something on your system is not as it should be. I suggest to follow keenrw's advice, or do a complete reinstall of P3D.

@keenrw and @mopperle

Thanks both of you for your help. Deleted the shaders folder, but that didn’t seem to work. As no one else has mentioned this being an issue, I assumed it has something to do with my set up. I was wondering if I would have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using any shader tools or other tools changing core files in the sim? If so, turn it/them off or revert it back to the default state. If that doesnt work, I suggest a fresh install of P3D.

Archived