Cold & Dark + Overspeed + Cabin alt issues

jfk745

Hi,

I am using Aerosoft CRJ 700 (v1.2.3.0) on FSX:SE and I have three issues I cannot manage to resolve. Maybe someone have the solution.

1. When I start cold and dark, I put batteries and APU ON then when I want to start engines, the left or right button "Engine start" does not react when I click on it, even the ignition button. I must use the panel state "Ready to taxi" then back to "Cold and dark" and now it works fine.

2. When I am going up in the sky and I reach the maximum speed, which can be seen with the red dotted vertical line on the instruments I hear an alarm sound which it seems I cannot turn off even if I stabilize my speed and everything is ok with no warning on the screen nor in the up panel (master warning, caution...) but the alarm sound never ends and it is very very annoying after even 1 minute !

3. Somehow I think I climbed too fast to FL280 and I got "cabin alt warn" with the same alarm sound as my previous issue. Using all "cabin press" controls did not help much in reducing the cabin altitude, although I could reduce the Delta Pressure by increasing the "landing alt" by thousands (but I think I am not supposed to). The cabin alt continued to increase then I saw "cabin alt warn hi" alert and the cabin alt went red then I got "pass oxyg on" warning. I could not stop the alarm sound very annoying until I landed and stopped all systems...

Thank you for your help :)

• Developer

2. The alarm (overspeed clacker) only stops once your speed drops below the red dotted line.

3. If you get a cabin alt warning, you most likely either didn't switch on the PACKS (upper-right corner of the overhead panel), so the cabin can not be pressurized, or your vertical flight profile caused the auto pressurization system to think that you aborted the flight and want to go back to the airport where you took off from.

Hey thank you for your reply. I have investigated since my last message and it appears that I was not correctly using the autopilot. Indeed it is a bit more tricky than heavy airliners.

Sometimes if I drag too much the autopilot disengages (low setting in DAVE) and the alarm will only stop if I go back to some sort of idle dragging state even if I disengage the autopilot the alarm is still ringing until I am back to idle.

For the Cold & Dark issue this is always a problem, are you aware of it, did you plan to fix it anytime ? :)

By the way if you know how can I (if only possible) control the passenger ramps when I am at a Aerosoft Airport such as LFPG on a parking spot ? Originally in FSX I must use CTRL + J to de/activate the passenger ramp of the terminal but this does not work anymore with your airport addons.

Regards

• Developer

You can disable Autopilot disconnect alarm by simply pressing the AP button again (on your joystick or on the FCP)

Cold&Dark issue? I'm not aware of any. Can you give me some details?

Many jetways in FSX/P3D are simply to high for a CRJ and will not work properly. When using an airport with SODE jetways, you even get an information message about this.

Hey :)

About the C&D issue it is quite simple, when I start a free flight at some airport gate the plane is not Cold & Dark so I use the DAVE to select this panel state, then something interesting is I see an infinite time message saying "shutting down engines..." it nevers goes to "complete" and never disappears. Then I start battery and DC services, then I start the APU, hydraulics and cabin airflow leaving the remaining on auto.

Then I click on the Engine Left Start (or right) button but no light appears on it and nothing happens then.

So I go back to DAVE and select "Ready to taxi" panel state and I wait for engines to start and the notification that says "configuration complete". Then I select C&D and this time the shutting down engines is followed by "complete" and all works well after this.

By the way is there any way to force C&D by default when I start a new flight ?

About the jetway I forgot to say that I tested them with a B744 (iFly 747-400 v2 addon) at a heavy gate. If I use this aircraft at any non-Aerosoft airport with default jetways then I can use CTRL+J to move them. Please notice that this issue is not related to the CRJ but only to Aerosoft Airport packages.

Regards

Archived